• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cracking performance.We played better football and looked so much fitter than our championship near neighbours .A nice draw in the 4th round please.

Mark Beard was in the bar after supping a few beers with his missus, good to see old players back and being fans.

From the Millwall forum...

4-1 flattered us. We've seen some **** but this is the worse. Getting beaten I can take. Being given a football lesson league 2 is embarrassing

Its time to turn on these useless ****s and let them know what we really think of them not fit to wear the shirt

Thougt the guy who shooved Straker in the chest was lucky to stay on or at least escape with a booking...but nothing! I'm sure I've seen ours sent off for less in the past.

He shoved Straker 3 times and the third time was by the throat. Red card for me

4-1 flattered us. We've seen some **** but this is the worse. Getting beaten I can take. Being given a football lesson league 2 is embarrassing

Its time to turn on these useless ****s and let them know what we really think of them not fit to wear the shirt

The Millwall guy who wrote this is dead right, they were totally spineless, only one team gave 100 % today, what a superb performance from our lads, Atkinson MOM

Nothing like good old fashion support there! Get behind the lads? Na lets just abuse the hell out of them, that will help. Idiots.

I take it you didn't see what happened then...he stamped on Coker. Okay, it wasn't a full on vicious assualt (like Frank Sinclair's a few seasons ago) ...he gave the ref no choice but to send him off.

Yes, I did see what happened thanks - & I've seen nastier challenges go completely unpunished in my time .

nothing much to add to what's been written, but an amazing game, complete performance, even when the pitch was near-waterlogged we were still playing great football...disappointed in the Millwall fans, great turnout but not much singing to be heard from East T block...mind you, on the evidence of their team's commitment and workrate, not much to encourage them.

We'll prob get beat by Plymouth next week now...

Great performance today and a well deserved win, the only down side for me if there can be one......Portsmouth gave us a better game to be honest, a very poor Millwall side and they will struggle to stay up, so hold on to ya hats as we might be seeing them again next season if all goes to plan

Great day out- took my daughter and her boyfriend (Man U supporter & never seen us play). He was also amazed we could be in L2- some of the passing, movement and control out there today was not out of place with a championship performance (let alone L1). Of course one of the differences between the best and average players is consistency- but if we can keep this level up it's looking good.

today we had the better footballers - and we are playing proper passing football. There must have been 20 passes for the third goal as we passed to from the back and into their box for the goal- not one long pass and I don't think the ball left the turf....

BTW- another observation was how young are team looked- thinking about it don't anyone was over 30 and the average for starting 11 was probably under 25??

The most complete performance I've seen in a long time. Everyone gave 110%. The passing in the middle of the park and Timlin's reverse pass that let Atkinson run clear to score was sublime as was Atkinson's finish. Can't say a bad word about any player today. Midfield bossed the game, Corr was outstanding leading the line, Prosser and Thompson were solid at the back as were Coker and White. Straker has one of his sublime games today, totally unplayable.
and today's the reason we all support SUFC......!!!!!! A PERFORMANCE OF A LIFTIME!!!!

Reiterate what others have said. Absolutely brilliant TEAM performance from all the players. To win is one thing, to beat a side two divisions above us and quite frankly demolish them is something else. From the start we attacked them and never looked back. Conditions were extremely bad but we stuck to our principals and Wilo's goal will probably not be bettered today. Sublime football and great composed finish. 4-1 flattered Millwall, should have had at least two or three more. Only downside for me was we had a load of Millwall fans In a box behind us, hosted by some chef called Greg Wallace, they we're complete cocks and a kid no more than 10, was doing ****"r signs at us at one point.

all players get 10, but for me Atkinson was MOM, but in all honestly they could all get it. Just hope we get a big draw now, preferably away. Utb

I was thinking that when this team really clicks someone will get a thrashing and so it turned out. Great performance.

not much to add from what has been said but the performance was superb, totally outplayed them, the only worry was the floodlights and the rain! Could have been at least 6 or 7. Lets hope we have the same commitment and desire next week at Plymouth.....

Well, what an afternoon, it had everything! I LOVE the FA Cup!!

I don't know where to start to be honest. Everything came together today, and we did what i have thought for a while we have had the potential to do!! We played some fantastic football today that wouldn't have been bettered by many teams in much higher places than us.

It was a very unhappy return to Roots Hall for Neil Harris, looks like he has a big job on his hands down there! For his sake, i hope he doesnt become their latest fall guy, but I was surprised at how poor Millwall looked, no wonder they are struggling in the Championship. Was very pleased to see Nicky Bailey outplayed and outclassed by Lenny and Tims, who dominated in midfield. Don't suppose it has deflated his ego, but was amusing anyway! The pitch was heavy and waterlogged, it was p**ing down, which would have been a bit of a leveller, but it only ever looked like one way traffic. I also enjoyed the moment when one of their huge black players landed face down in the very big muddy puddle at the South end goal mouth, don't think he was impressed with his freezing bath!!

Bentley 8 did all he needed to, which wasn't that much to be fair. He must have been soaked and freezing!
white 9 captain marvel. Hope the shoulder doesn't need too long to heal, looked painful!
Prosser 10 awesome performance. Grown in confidence and stature, Luke has developed into a first rate CH. great vision, nothing got past him today.
Thomson 9 very impressive.
Coker 9 back to his best today. Was in the wars a bit, bandaged head and very likely some craters in his back from being stamped on. Was definately a straight red, no arguments - the ball had long gone, Ben was already face down in the mud, and their player went in with studs up, very late and forcibly stamped on his back. Cynical, and a very stupid thing to do 10 feet away from the ref...
Lennie 10 MOM (just). Strong, fearless, good distribution, didn't stop running, won everything, scored.... it's all there. Superb performance today.
Timlin 10 back to his best as well, and a very much deserved goal.
Straker 9.5 best performance for us today by a country mile. Took a lot of flack from their player, who was lucky not to walk, strakes nearly got punched at least once! Some fabulous runs, he had the ball stuck to his feet, some excellent crosses, and got stuck in when needed.
Atkinson 9.5 beautifully taken goal. Enough said!
CC 9 fairly quiet by comparison with the rest of he midfield, won load, ran tirelessly and worked really hard. would have been man on the match with that performance any other day!
Corr 10 no messing today, had their defence quaking in their boots! Awesome performance and a goal to boot.

Subs: Laird 8, Freddie 8 and Phillips 8 to be fair to all of them, they didn't need to do much - the job was mostly done by half time!

Brown 10 - tactics and team selection could not have been better.

Officials: 10 why can't we have a decent ref like this every week??? He let the game flow, got the decisions and cards absolutely spot on, took no nonsense from anyone, 'had words' appropriately, and stayed in complete control.

Electricians 11 A-MA-ZING!! I seriously thought the game was going to be abandoned, great job getting everything back up and running within 20 minutes!

TBV Loud and Proud today. It was great to hear The Hall rock today!

Millwall: must be candidates for relegation this season...

The only down side is that we are on holiday at the end of the month and I will miss the 4th round. For very selfish reasons, I am praying for lots of snow that week...

Complete performance to be honest. We outplayed them in every department and in the last couple of games our midfield have been more direct and look imposing. The fitness levels are amazing and to have the confidence to play football in the conditions says much about PB's training and the never say die confidence he has instilled into them.
so pleased to see Strakes have a great game, one of my many MEN of the match.
Before we get carried away, Millwall were extremely poor and looked every inch a team in crisis. We will face harder games in the league this year. On the plus side they are nevertheless two divisions above us and we taught them a footballing lesson.
Stand out Acheivement of the day goes to : The wonderful electricians who restored the floodlights. Was worried the break would galvanize the Millwall team and give their management time to make tactical changes, my concerns were unrealized as we continued to dominate.
this is one very happy fan with a beaming 10 year old son who wants Man Utd away. Here's hoping.

Greg Wallace(masterchef)

He was in the executive boxes today..
He was in the Shrimpers beforehand, went up to the boxes and came back down when he found out the beer was better in the bar! Seemed very pleasant and was with a family group and some friends. There supporting his team yet happy to mingle with our ordinary fans.

Today's performance, on top of Wednesday's against Portsmouth, must really send out some shock waves to the rest of the division. Awesome, simply awesome.

Not one player had a bad game, stand out players for me today were White, Thompson, Coker, Timlin, Leonard and Corr. Any one of them could have been MOTM. All the others put in a shift too, Atkinson never stopped all afternoon, Straker was back to his skilful best, Clifford was dogged and determined. It was a proper TEAM performance.

Well done Blues, we're in the draw and shouldn't fear anyone after our last two performances!!!

Back