• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Open goal?! You mean the one where the keeper rushed out and got down low to save the shot, and there was a defender on the line? Strange open goal that....

As for Timlin, I think he took him off as he was on a yellow and we needed someone on who could still get stuck in. Thought Timlin played well, but I understood why he took him off.

Yes on reflection open goal may have been a tad harsh, only the keeper to beat?

Can't see that timeline got booked, it may be that Brown wanted to make a straight swap Left Mid for Left Mid?

Yes on reflection open goal may have been a tad harsh, only the keeper to beat?

Can't see that timeline got booked, it may be that Brown wanted to make a straight swap Left Mid for Left Mid?

Still think it's harsh, had he scored it would have been goal of the season with that turn!

Timlin was definitely booked in the first half for a "team foul"

What was the awful "away ticket policy" ?

I bought 3 tickets from SUFC box office, there were 2 next to each other and a 3rd in a different block. Then they tried to employ allocated seating on the day. L2 fans just aren't used to that (especially at away games). You need to tell the visiting club that they'll be stewarding and that fans will need to buy seats together and then sit together. The advanced communication from Stevenage was non-existent (I found out as I went through the turnstiles) so there was no time for me to change my tickets.

Abysmal, I'm happy to have ticked on ground off my list.

To be honest, if there's a seat allocated on my ticket, I always assume that it's allocated seating unless told otherwise. Saves on disappointment!

To be honest, if there's a seat allocated on my ticket, I always assume that it's allocated seating unless told otherwise. Saves on disappointment!
Why? It will be allocated seating once or twice a season if that. Even when we have had big followings at places like Cambridge and Wycombe it's been unallocated seating.

Would you really sit in an allocated seat at somewhere like Shrewsbury where there were 1000+ empty seats?

Cassidy did miss a sitter though didnt he, and he played with Pigott when we lost to Accrington (when it was Corr who got the only goal).

I have no complaints about the team, it was the team I thought we should play, other than Bolger, and thought Corr would be the right man for the game and conditions seeing as it was a terrible pitch and Stevenage are renowned for being Physical. I quite like Cassidy but he had a great chance to put us in the lead and didnt.
Where were you seated? Cassidy did a superb turn with his back to goal to beat at least one defender, only to find the keeper perfectly positioned to take a shot on the turn from Cassidy. Never a sitter and a tough chance that he turned into a near wonder goal.:smile:

Why? It will be allocated seating once or twice a season if that.

Seating is often "unallocated" only as a result of people asserting themselves. At both Northampton and Portsmouth there were seat numbers on the tickets but you didn't have a prayer claiming your seat if it happened to be where Billy-Many-Mates had chosen to be with his mates. The each man for himself approach is understandable because we don't normally have a say in ticket allocation.
On a related matter I know of fans who rarely go to away games because they really don't like the flattened persective from behind the goal, not to mention the guesswork required for action at the other end of the pitch; and some clubs (eg Stevenage) specifically say that they'll throw you out of the ground (or not let you in) if as an away fan you use a ticket in a home area.

Why? It will be allocated seating once or twice a season if that. Even when we have had big followings at places like Cambridge and Wycombe it's been unallocated seating.

Would you really sit in an allocated seat at somewhere like Shrewsbury where there were 1000+ empty seats?

thats not what I said is it, is said I'll always assume it is, until told differently. As I go in, a quick "is it allocated seating?" To a steward usually gives me all I need to know. Simple really. No fuss and no "you're in my seats" when it is allocated.

Seating is often "unallocated" only as a result of people asserting themselves. At both Northampton and Portsmouth there were seat numbers on the tickets but you didn't have a prayer claiming your seat if it happened to be where Billy-Many-Mates had chosen to be with his mates. The each man for himself approach is understandable because we don't normally have a say in ticket allocation.
On a related matter I know of fans who rarely go to away games because they really don't like the flattened persective from behind the goal, not to mention the guesswork required for action at the other end of the pitch; and some clubs (eg Stevenage) specifically say that they'll throw you out of the ground (or not let you in) if as an away fan you use a ticket in a home area.
Sat where i wanted without any issues or any knowledge that it was meant to be allocated seating at both of these games. Also if you wear neutral clothing they have no way of knowing you're an away fan so that's a load of rubbish they put out to discourage any potential trouble so if you really wanted to sit in the home end (?) then you could.

thats not what I said is it, is said I'll always assume it is, until told differently. As I go in, a quick "is it allocated seating?" To a steward usually gives me all I need to know. Simple really. No fuss and no "you're in my seats" when it is allocated.
But there are loads of 'you're in my seats' when it is allocated so it isn't simple really. A lot of those who regularly go to away games will just sit where they want which causes too much trouble when people do follow the allocated seating. Unallocated seating is much more effective if there are 1400 seats and 1400 people then there are enough seats to go around so it should just be unallocated. The issues at Stevenage could have easily been solved by the stewards saying 'look just sit where you want'. Unallocated seating worked without issue at Cambridge with a filled away end.

Also, you don't get to chose the seats you get on the tickets so it's a bit unfair forcing you to sit there.

But there are loads of 'you're in my seats' when it is allocated so it isn't simple really. A lot of those who regularly go to away games will just sit where they want which causes too much trouble when people do follow the allocated seating.

It would be simple if everyone used a bit of common sense, it only takes a second to ask after all!

It would be simple if everyone used a bit of common sense, it only takes a second to ask after all!
That's not the point! People will sit where they want even if they know it is allocated seating.

I always go to the back few rows at away games because I hate sitting down and if it's allocated seating you don't get to chose the seat number on the ticket you just get given a random one. I've noticed a lot of times this season I've been given tickets in the first few rows, I don't think it would be fair if i was forced to sit there.

Unallocated seating has worked perfectly well at away games this season when we've taken full or nearly full allocation and allocated seating was a disaster at Stevenage. Allocated seating may seem simple but it never ends up that way.

Simple question then guys, how many clubs do you know in leagues 1 & 2 employ allocated seating? Stewards i have encountered across the country have stated how problematic it is to enforce so dont bother.
People go to matches on a social basis and like to stand/ sit together, not possible with allocated seats.
Saturday apparently brought out the worst in some who chose to verbally abuse others, including kids rather than swap seats.

Saw arguments at Wycombe cos people sat anywhere but others seemed to want to sit where their ticket stated.

All tickets will have a row and seat number if not terraced, but it is rarely enforced in the lower leagues, it causes more problems than the underpaid stewards care to deal with.

In 40 years plus watching away matches I have only seen problems when it has been tried to enforced.

Saw arguments at Wycombe cos people sat anywhere but others seemed to want to sit where their ticket stated.
I saw this at Wycombe as well, which was ridiculous because there were hundreds of empty seats people could have just moved to.

Back