• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I think it worked at Cambridge because we provided the stewarding support for it! Daggers and AFC are the only two I can think of that stick to allocated seating - out of those I've been to anyway.

Unallocated seating is much more effective if there are 1400 seats and 1400 people then there are enough seats to go around so it should just be unallocated.

Also, you don't get to chose the seats you get on the tickets so it's a bit unfair forcing you to sit there.

The last point is valid, the first certainly isn't. Say, for example, the last 5 people to arrive are a family who have bought 5 seats together - why should they then have to search out the last 5 remaining empty seats which will be spread far and wide.

Unallocated seating is only acceptable when a) there are significantly more seats than people or b) it says so on the ticket and those who want to sit together would be aware and make an effort to ensure they can. I'm afraid this is just another example of people who think rules don't apply to them.

The problem with Saturday was that the stewards were saying allocated seating yet members of the 'back row boys brigade' were telling people its sit anywhere. As a result myself and my brother in law and our three young kids who were sitting in our allocated seats four rows from the back, directly behind the goal were subjected to abuse and foul mouthed anger form the youngsters when we asked them to sit down as our kids couldnt see. As a result my brother in law has questioned whether he should bring his son to away games in the future, his son, a future fan of the club. The behaviour of the lads at the back was quite frankly embarrassing and out of order, the stewards tried their best but also got a mouthful. There were lads standing in the gangways which if im not mistaken is dangerous and illegal. I might add that there were also a number of girls in this group who were equally bad and persisted with using the C word on a regular basis.

What angers me is that we are all there to support our team, the same team, yet these people show such a lack of respect to the older generation, i am only 42, and also their fellow supporters. Im sure many of them travel all over the country as i did when i was younger, now with a family i travel to around 8 - 10 away games, but its a long time since ive witnessed what i did on Saturday. At half time i spoke to steward and apologized for their behavior as i felt sorry for the steward who was only doing his job.

So there are a few points here
  • if these fans want to sit together then organise and buy all your tickets at the same time
  • if the game is allocated seating, sit in the correct seat
  • if someone asks you to sit down as their 8 year old cant see, sit down and refrain from using abusive langauge
  • Remember that you are representing our club, a small family orientated club, whos fan base consist of many youngsters, so behave yourselves and calm the language

The problem with Saturday was that the stewards were saying allocated seating yet members of the 'back row boys brigade' were telling people its sit anywhere. As a result myself and my brother in law and our three young kids who were sitting in our allocated seats four rows from the back, directly behind the goal were subjected to abuse and foul mouthed anger form the youngsters when we asked them to sit down as our kids couldnt see. As a result my brother in law has questioned whether he should bring his son to away games in the future, his son, a future fan of the club. The behaviour of the lads at the back was quite frankly embarrassing and out of order, the stewards tried their best but also got a mouthful. There were lads standing in the gangways which if im not mistaken is dangerous and illegal. I might add that there were also a number of girls in this group who were equally bad and persisted with using the C word on a regular basis.

What angers me is that we are all there to support our team, the same team, yet these people show such a lack of respect to the older generation, i am only 42, and also their fellow supporters. Im sure many of them travel all over the country as i did when i was younger, now with a family i travel to around 8 - 10 away games, but its a long time since ive witnessed what i did on Saturday. At half time i spoke to steward and apologized for their behavior as i felt sorry for the steward who was only doing his job.

So there are a few points here
  • if these fans want to sit together then organise and buy all your tickets at the same time
  • if someone asks you to sit down as their 8 year old cant see, sit down and refrain from using abusive langauge
  • Remember that you are representing our club, a small family orientated club, whos fan base consist of many youngsters, so behave yourselves and calm the language

Do you believe that the way you personally conducted yourself on Saturday was correct? One of the lads saturday sat/ stood in front of you who offered to swap to allow your son a better view was my son, who was subjected to a foul mouthed face to face rant, using foul and abusive language in front of your own children. Do you not think in hindsight letting a steward deal with your issues would have been more grown up?
Remember you are representing our club, your words.

The problem with Saturday was that the stewards were saying allocated seating yet members of the 'back row boys brigade' were telling people its sit anywhere. As a result myself and my brother in law and our three young kids who were sitting in our allocated seats four rows from the back, directly behind the goal were subjected to abuse and foul mouthed anger form the youngsters when we asked them to sit down as our kids couldnt see. As a result my brother in law has questioned whether he should bring his son to away games in the future, his son, a future fan of the club. The behaviour of the lads at the back was quite frankly embarrassing and out of order, the stewards tried their best but also got a mouthful. There were lads standing in the gangways which if im not mistaken is dangerous and illegal. I might add that there were also a number of girls in this group who were equally bad and persisted with using the C word on a regular basis. What angers me is that we are all there to support our team, the same team, yet these people show such a lack of respect to the older generation, i am only 42, and also their fellow supporters. Im sure many of them travel all over the country as i did when i was younger, now with a family i travel to around 8 - 10 away games, but its a long time since ive witnessed what i did on Saturday. At half time i spoke to steward and apologized for their behavior as i felt sorry for the steward who was only doing his job. So there are a few points here

That's not the point! People will sit where they want even if they know it is allocated seating.

No, *some* people will. If there is a seat and row number on my ticket, that's where I will head. Perhaps I might move after 15 minutes or so if there appears to be an opportunity to move to a better seat, but to start with, heading to the seat you've been allocated is the right and responsible thing to do.

Im amazed you know who i am, as there many people angry on Saturday. i admit that i acted in an angry way, as i was annoyed that after asking this lad to sit down i got the reaction i did. If indeed you are his parent, then maybe it would have been helpful if you had intervened and asked him to sit then as if you are the guy in front of me you were seated. As for foul mouthed face to face rant, i never did and never have used foul language in front of my lad, did i get angry? yes, who doesnt at times but i never swore at the time, so maybe im not the person you are thinking of. As for swapping, swapping what? we had perfectly good seats and were sat in the correct seats, why should we swap? as for the stewards, they were busy dealing with the youngsters at the back so that wasnt an option, and why should i need to ask for their assistance in asking for someone to sit down??? Ive travelled all over the country watching this team, i have never been in trouble, never been questioned by stewards regarding my behavior. I think i have represented the club well.

As i said if you are this lads dad, then why did you sit there and let him behave the way he did? why did you not ask him to sit down rather than cause a scene? when your lad was 9, would you have been happy to attend a match and for him to sit in seat in see nothing?

Do you believe that the way you personally conducted yourself on Saturday was correct? One of the lads saturday sat/ stood in front of you who offered to swap to allow your son a better view was my son, who was subjected to a foul mouthed face to face rant, using foul and abusive language in front of your own children. Do you not think in hindsight letting a steward deal with your issues would have been more grown up?

m amazed you know who i am, as there many people angry on Saturday. i admit that i acted in an angry way, as i was annoyed that after asking this lad to sit down i got the reaction i did. If indeed you are his parent, then maybe it would have been helpful if you had intervened and asked him to sit then as if you are the guy in front of me you were seated. As for foul mouthed face to face rant, i never did and never have used foul language in front of my lad, did i get angry? yes, who doesnt at times but i never swore at the time, so maybe im not the person you are thinking of. As for swapping, swapping what? we had perfectly good seats and were sat in the correct seats, why should we swap? as for the stewards, they were busy dealing with the youngsters at the back so that wasnt an option, and why should i need to ask for their assistance in asking for someone to sit down??? Ive travelled all over the country watching this team, i have never been in trouble, never been questioned by stewards regarding my behavior. I think i have represented the club well.

As i said if you are this lads dad, then why did you sit there and let him behave the way he did? why did you not ask him to sit down rather than cause a scene? when your lad was 9, would you have been happy to attend a match and for him to sit in seat in see nothing?

The last point is valid, the first certainly isn't. Say, for example, the last 5 people to arrive are a family who have bought 5 seats together - why should they then have to search out the last 5 remaining empty seats which will be spread far and wide.

Unallocated seating is only acceptable when a) there are significantly more seats than people or b) it says so on the ticket and those who want to sit together would be aware and make an effort to ensure they can. I'm afraid this is just another example of people who think rules don't apply to them.
Sorry but i think the first point is valid, we took a full allocation to Luton which was 'unallocated' and there were no issues (apart from a handful of people trying to stand in the aisle at the back).

The family of 5 scenario whilst unlikely could happen and would be very unfair, but I'm sure there would be seats somewhere because even at Stevenage where we took the full allocation in the areas where people were standing up there was usually more than one person to a seat and there were a lot of people in the aisle as well which would have left around 40+ spare seats that any late comers could have (and did) taken.

Regarding it only being acceptable when there are significantly more seats than people i don't agree, at Cambridge away there were very few seats left and the unallocated seating worked perfectly. Also when buying 3 tickets for Cambridge i noticed they were in completely different blocks, so if allocated seating was in place surely this is equally as unfair as people turning up late and not being able to find seats together?

By the way if you were aiming the 'rules don't apply to them' comment at me i stood in my allocated seat at Stevenage.

No, *some* people will. If there is a seat and row number on my ticket, that's where I will head. Perhaps I might move after 15 minutes or so if there appears to be an opportunity to move to a better seat, but to start with, heading to the seat you've been allocated is the right and responsible thing to do.
I wasn't trying to say that every single person will sit where they want, or even the majority. My point was that some people do sit where they want regardless and the some people were enough to create problems at Stevenage.

I sat in my allocated seat at Stevenage (which was fortunately exactly where i'd have chosen to sit anyway) i was merely trying to point out what happens, regardless of the fact that you and a lot of other people sit in your allocated seat.

I wasn't trying to say that every single person will sit where they want, or even the majority. My point was that some people do sit where they want regardless and the some people were enough to create problems at Stevenage.

I sat in my allocated seat at Stevenage (which was fortunately exactly where i'd have chosen to sit anyway) i was merely trying to point out what happens, regardless of the fact that you and a lot of other people sit in your allocated seat.

Which is fair enough. I think we're in agreement anyway!

As it so happened, my seat was spot on; end of an row, so better for leg room, but not one of those rows where everyone is getting up for a pee or a pie every 30 seconds!

Surely this whole argument re allocated or unallocated is simple.

If the game is designated as allocated seating and you purchase a ticket (s) with a block, row and seat number on it, then by rights that is your seat and no one else's. If on arrival to a game the stewards instruct you that it is sit anywhere or when you buy the ticket its not marked with a specific seat number then that gives you the right to choose.

If you buy seats for the cinema or theatre you dont then turn up and decide to sit in someone else's seat so why should football be any different?

I am now certain that you have mixed me up with someone else. I have done some digging and the lad that i confronted was at the game with his mates, one of whom is the son of my friends who were also at the game. They have confirmed that the lad i argued with was not there with his dad, as his dad doesn't like football and defo wouldn't attend a game. Therefore i think you owe me an apology.

As i said i did confront some young lad and had an argument, but defo didn't use foul and abusive language. Its a shame that this discussion has even taken place. If people just respected each other and appreciated that young children attend games also then these confrontations wouldnt happen. I dont know what happened where you were sat, but it wasnt me that you are talking about.

I am now certain that you have mixed me up with someone else. I have done some digging and the lad that i confronted was at the game with his mates, one of whom is the son of my friends who were also at the game. They have confirmed that the lad i argued with was not there with his dad, as his dad doesn't like football and defo wouldn't attend a game. Therefore i think you owe me an apology.

As i said i did confront some young lad and had an argument, but defo didn't use foul and abusive language. Its a shame that this discussion has even taken place. If people just respected each other and appreciated that young children attend games also then these confrontations wouldnt happen. I dont know what happened where you were sat, but it wasnt me that you are talking about.

Right, for 1, I was not there this weekend as I was working, my job sometimes interferes with my support, but my sons of 22 & 15, the 15 year old was the one you abused, go every week home and away and have never been abused by home fans in that way before.

My 15 year old was with his mate directly in front of you, yes definitely you, thanks to your Twitter rant and profile which he showed me Sunday morning that is not mistaken. He travels on the Zone coaches, and anyone on them will tell you that he is no trouble maker, and would never use the language you have stated to an adult. He was, in his words, frightened you were going to punch him, and while you were swearing and confronting him, your young son looked worried, something I agree should not happen to a young supporter. If my son did act in an aggressive manner, which he says he didn't, and he has been brought up better than that, then I would appologies, but I know my son, he will back down from confrontation every time.

Your argument regarding purchasing tickets on masse from the onset is great in theory,but with our ticketing staff a non starter, we can't even get home tickets sorted some weeks.

Lastly if any club wishes to make a game allocated seating, which is their right, then advanced notice would be nice to avoid any confusion on the day.

So what if your allocated seat that someone else is sitting in has a better view than those spare ones dotted about?
There was a note on the turnstiles that said unallocated seating, the stewards said unallocated seating so technically nobody had an allocated seat, and if one of the spares seats (over a 1000) weren't good enough then that's that's unfortunate but kind of tough.

Right, for 1, I was not there this weekend as I was working, my job sometimes interferes with my support, but my sons of 22 & 15, the 15 year old was the one you abused, go every week home and away and have never been abused by home fans in that way before.

My 15 year old was with his mate directly in front of you, yes definitely you, thanks to your Twitter rant and profile which he showed me Sunday morning that is not mistaken. He travels on the Zone coaches, and anyone on them will tell you that he is no trouble maker, and would never use the language you have stated to an adult. He was, in his words, frightened you were going to punch him, and while you were swearing and confronting him, your young son looked worried, something I agree should not happen to a young supporter. If my son did act in an aggressive manner, which he says he didn't, and he has been brought up better than that, then I would appologies, but I know my son, he will back down from confrontation every time.

Your argument regarding purchasing tickets on masse from the onset is great in theory,but with our ticketing staff a non starter, we can't even get home tickets sorted some weeks.

Lastly if any club wishes to make a game allocated seating, which is their right, then advanced notice would be nice to avoid any confusion on the day.

The lad i had the row with was sitting next to an older gentlemen and certainly not with a brother. Can I ask how he travelled to the game Saturday? He certainly was not frightened and didn't back down. I repeat again I didn't threaten or use abusive language, again I repeat, I never have and never will in front of my son. Can you confirm whether he travelled on the coaches Saturday and who he was with? As for tickets, we bought ours as soon as they went on sale and bought 10, so it can be done. On Saturday there was a lot of stuff going on in the stands due to the problem if standing etc. I still believe I'm not the person you are thinking of. If you could answer my question re travel that would help.

Back