• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Right, for 1, I was not there this weekend as I was working, my job sometimes interferes with my support, but my sons of 22 & 15, the 15 year old was the one you abused, go every week home and away and have never been abused by home fans in that way before.

My 15 year old was with his mate directly in front of you, yes definitely you, thanks to your Twitter rant and profile which he showed me Sunday morning that is not mistaken. He travels on the Zone coaches, and anyone on them will tell you that he is no trouble maker, and would never use the language you have stated to an adult. He was, in his words, frightened you were going to punch him, and while you were swearing and confronting him, your young son looked worried, something I agree should not happen to a young supporter. If my son did act in an aggressive manner, which he says he didn't, and he has been brought up better than that, then I would appologies, but I know my son, he will back down from confrontation every time.

Your argument regarding purchasing tickets on masse from the onset is great in theory,but with our ticketing staff a non starter, we can't even get home tickets sorted some weeks.

Lastly if any club wishes to make a game allocated seating, which is their right, then advanced notice would be nice to avoid any confusion on the day.

Oh and just one other thing, the lad I had a row with was 17 and travelled in a group of around 14 of his mates one of whom was my friends son and thought the lad was out of order. If you say I had a go at a fifteen year old then you are wrong.

Oh and just one other thing, the lad I had a row with was 17 and travelled in a group of around 14 of his mates one of whom was my friends son and thought the lad was out of order. If you say I had a go at a fifteen year old then you are wrong.

PM sent don't wish to hijack this thread any more.

Right, for 1, I was not there this weekend as I was working, my job sometimes interferes with my support, but my sons of 22 & 15, the 15 year old was the one you abused, go every week home and away and have never been abused by home fans in that way before.

My 15 year old was with his mate directly in front of you, yes definitely you, thanks to your Twitter rant and profile which he showed me Sunday morning that is not mistaken. He travels on the Zone coaches, and anyone on them will tell you that he is no trouble maker, and would never use the language you have stated to an adult. He was, in his words, frightened you were going to punch him, and while you were swearing and confronting him, your young son looked worried, something I agree should not happen to a young supporter. If my son did act in an aggressive manner, which he says he didn't, and he has been brought up better than that, then I would appologies, but I know my son, he will back down from confrontation every time.

Your argument regarding purchasing tickets on masse from the onset is great in theory,but with our ticketing staff a non starter, we can't even get home tickets sorted some weeks.

Lastly if any club wishes to make a game allocated seating, which is their right, then advanced notice would be nice to avoid any confusion on the day.

To be honest this is just going round in circles. I am 100% that the lad I had a row with was not your son. The lad was 17 in a group of around 14 and not with a brother. He also didn't travel to the game on the coaches, I know this for a fact. I admit I had a confrontation, but I was the one abused language wise not the one abusing. At no stage did it ever get to the point where fists would be raised, as stated I was with my ten year old son, my nephew, niece, brother in law and friends. I politely asked the lad to sit down as my son couldn't see, which I think I have every right to do so. The rest is history. I also posted in my annoyance the incedent on Twitter, so anyone following me can see what I put. I can't do anymore than that. I wish the whole incident hadn't happened now, which if these youngsters showed more respect to other supporters things like this wouldn't happen. As I say, what I've stated is true, ive even spoken with my friend and her son regarding this, so I know that I'm right. That's the end as far as I'm concerned. We all support southend United at the end of the day and should do so together and not have to endure situations like these at any game. Utb

All this talk about sitting in seats!! On away days surely the whole end should stand creates a much better atmosphere! Saturday seemed like there was pockets of supporters trying to get crowd singing but wasn't having much luck.
Pompey away we all stood and that was a cracking atmosphere

All this talk about sitting in seats!! On away days surely the whole end should stand creates a much better atmosphere! Saturday seemed like there was pockets of supporters trying to get crowd singing but wasn't having much luck.
Pompey away we all stood and that was a cracking atmosphere

You are right in one respect, but what about children and our older supporters who either can't stand and even if they could can't see because of those in front of them. I was sat right behind the goal and the atmosphere was good with most seated apart from the back row and the odd few. At pompey we were mostly seated and still had a good atmosphere. Think it was only a large section directly behind the goal that stood for most of the game. You can still create an atmosphere whether stood or seated. At roots hall the blue voice stand all the game but don't always create the best atmosphere. It helps certainly but isn't essential, it's about the individuals, the state of the game, how the team is performing and the importance of the game that contributes as much

Back