• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

From wombles board -

Lucky we've already played (and stuffed) Southend at KM as I'm sure Mr Ladapo would have received a very 'warm' welcome. In many ways it is a compliment that he's pulled out and gone there, as he can't believe he is good enough to get in our starting line up, but he sure as hell will get in Southend's. Onwards and upwards - we have three decent strikers, with Barch, Forrester and Kaja to back them up. I'm sure we'll be fine.

Looks a exciting signing and is only 25. on form look like he knows where the net is. Hope it works out for him and us. Funny that he left the wobbles medical as well. UTB

From wombles board -

Lucky we've already played (and stuffed) Southend at KM as I'm sure Mr Ladapo would have received a very 'warm' welcome. In many ways it is a compliment that he's pulled out and gone there, as he can't believe he is good enough to get in our starting line up, but he sure as hell will get in Southend's. Onwards and upwards - we have three decent strikers, with Barch, Forrester and Kaja to back them up. I'm sure we'll be fine.

guess Freddy didn’t to play in front of 2,000 crowds either :smile:

Hes a Southend Academy lad and wanted to come home ,i wish him every success,also the young lad from Spurs ,SCP is looking to the future with these younger lads ,and im sure he will be giving Ba ,Wabo a chance to impress also ,and again next season Acquah.future is looking bright or should i say Powellful,and im Keen to see it Mathewalise.:smile:

I spoke to a Palace fan tonight and he thought wasn’t all that at all. Let’s hope his level somewhere in the middle of Palace and Margate ie League 1!

Shrewsbury fans seem very complimentary about him on Twitter. If the wombles had been chasing him for a whole month, there must be something good about him. I'm quite excited about him coming to be honest and at 25, still time for him to improve too.

Welcome home Freddie. Great to see a striker thats comfortable shooting from either foot. If the policy of whipping in the ball from wide positions carries on, hopefully he'll thrive on that. Looking forward to seeing him and that was a brave move walking out of the Don's medical.

Welcome home Freddie. Great to see a striker thats comfortable shooting from either foot. If the policy of whipping in the ball from wide positions carries on, hopefully he'll thrive on that. Looking forward to seeing him and that was a brave move walking out of the Don's medical.

Not brave, it was sensible after his agent told him he had already changed his website to Southend United. :winking:

http://fullcontactlaw.co.uk/player/freddie-ladapo/

An ambiguous observation, he's had 14 of them so far.
We'll see come season end.

He needs a home. He's 24 but he's really not settled at one club. He was very young at Col Ewe but had a decent loan spell at a struggling Shrews side last year. If he feels at home here this could be a very good signing. He has pace, power and two good feet.

An ambiguous observation, he's had 14 of them so far.
We'll see come season end.

How is that ambiguous?
Let's take John Akinde for example, a striker a lot on here wanted us to try and sign, including me. In the League...He played 105 games total for Bristol City, Wycombe, Brentford, Bristol Rovers, Dagenham, Crawley and Portsmouth, scoring a measly 12 goals. Then he went to Barnet and scored a fantastic 84 in 148 games. I saw a quote somewhere on a feature about his amazing goal scoring record for them in which the manager and Coach at the time both said they set the team up to feed him all the time and play to his strengths.
And that's what I mean about Ladapo.

Pace, power, two footed....im happy and wish the bloke luck. Inform Macca, Kights, Woody and Cox feeding balls into him I think could be a real threat going forward. Just need that hard work on the training ground which im sure CP will be making sure happens :thumbsup:

Back