• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Fan and the Steward at Solihull

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really not seeing the brutality in that clip, I do judo and nothing there looks aggressive, there are far more uncomfortable ways to pin someone than that. Yes the steward is holding his head at times but he's moving it slowly and is making sure to avoid the face and the leg isn't across the chest so it's unlikely the guy being pinned would be struggling to breathe.
I can’t see anything wrong there, the faux outrage is hilarious. If the prat hadn’t broken the law in the first place there’d be no need for any restraint anyway.

The fact it’s ‘Simply Shrimpers’, a Twitter account that literally just posts SZ rumours as ‘facts’ posting it makes it doubly funny.

Really not seeing the brutality in that clip, I do judo and nothing there looks aggressive, there are far more uncomfortable ways to pin someone than that. Yes the steward is holding his head at times but he's moving it slowly and is making sure to avoid the face and the leg isn't across the chest so it's unlikely the guy being pinned would be struggling to breathe.
Forget the leg on chest etc. - there is another clip where u can clearly see his hand around his throat - that’s not acceptable. End of. Now back to the game plz.

If that’s true I agree, but no one’s posted that yet.

Edit to get back on topic - good result today, I’ll admit I was expecting a defeat. I’m really pleased to hear Crowhurst impressed, I thought he looked a real prospect in the Gills friendly. Great for Wreh to get off the mark too.
289EE05A-FC03-4220-B4EA-E87279C26C2F.jpeg

Agreed that doesn’t look good, but it’s hard to tell from a still. Is there video footage of this? A hand on the throat momentarily is different from a hold. From the previously posted vid the guy was resisting being restrained and the steward did nothing wrong IMO…
I was there mate - I saw it with my own eyes. It’s not on, at all.

1980(ish) a dick head invades the pitch, gets a happy slap from the old Bill and rightly so, forward to 2022, dick head invades pitch, everyone up in arms because said dick head wasn't treated right whilst breaking the law.

This Country is ****ed.

Presumably he wants to see whether it is just a handful of our "supporters" or up to a quarter of them as has been suggested. Without that knowledge we can't calibrate our response. However many were involved it is simply mindless behaviour though.
It must have been only a few grappling with the stewards as I was further along the stand and didn't even see it. Anyone getting on the pitch deserves what's coming, there's been enough recent warnings in social media & the press.

No idea. What happened before the video, how did he end up on the ground, how much resistance etc was he putting up.

At the end of the day he's put himself in the situation. Not much sympathy from me I'm afraid.
Totally agree with you. These mindless idiot ‘ thugs’ who would run a mile if anyone stood up to them deserve more than what this p***k got. Personally I feel he should have been cracked with a police baton, pepper sprayed and up in front of the judge the following morning. I really do not want these moronic Neanderthals-associated with our club. Absolute tossers

Firstly we deserved a point, Clifford is not a LWB and agree with others, when Lomas came on and Ralph moved to LWB we looked solid.
We are still too light up front, we know we need recruits.

Support on the whole was great, apart from the “incident” but as a medically trained person, we are taught to get people being restrained in a seated position or on their back, NOT on their chest face down, as this can occlude the airway and not allow equal expansion of the chest cavity, and possibly reduced air flow, and yeah before I get the comments he shouldn’t have gone on the pitch in the 1st place, 2 wrongs do not make a right.

Totally agree with you. These mindless idiot ‘ thugs’ who would run a mile if anyone stood up to them deserve more than what this p***k got. Personally I feel he should have been cracked with a police baton, pepper sprayed and up in front of the judge the following morning. I really do not want these moronic Neanderthals-associated with our club. Absolute tossers

100% agree, people like this should be no where near any football club on match days.
The video should the stewards trying to pin his arm and resisting, could they have used less force, sure, could the idiot not have caused them to use that force, most definitely.

Another stain on the club, most want Ron out, I would prefer these so called fans out first.

Now then, now then!
Would it not to be simpler for the Police and Stewards to do their jobs correctly?
Were where the Plod when the intruder ran on the pitch? They swanned around from the main stand a few minutes later, why are they not routinely near the away fans and any potential problems?
And, iirc, incursions on the pitch are criminal offences, pushing is assault and the incident was certainly (for the gk) threatening behaviour? Yet the fool was in the pub after the game? Not arrested or such? Wouldn't a banning order stop him doing it again or deter his followers?

Last edited:
Personally I couldn't give a **** about the actions of the cops or stewards but I come from an era where if my Dad had asked what the copper had done to me I'd have been whacked 3 times harder.

It's not a stain on the club or its fans, just the Muppet and those moaning about the stewards and OB. Not enough excessive force was used

Some people won't be happy until everyone they don't personally like takes a baton to the head - or, in this case, a knee to the chest (and possibly a hand round the neck) - and the irony is they complain about others being authoritatian snowflakes. Since when was the appropriate punishment for making a fool of yourself and running on a football pitch being choked? Anyone would think from reading this thread that he'd killed someone! In fact I'm glad that video was posted without context, because there is no context in which that treatment is justifiable, and were it not a football fan (who, of course, are subhuman and don't deserve rights...if you don't think that mantra would ever be applied to you because you're one of the good ones, just ask the good people of Liverpool how that's worked out before) I'm sure there'd be an outcry. He's clearly shouting for help towards the end. It's good to hear he's ok, because he genuinely could have suffered a much worse fate there.

You don't have to support violence by authority whenever you see it. You don't have to lick every boot that stamps on your face. It's ok to admit that the pitch invader was wrong but that the poorly-trained power-mad steward (there's plenty like it) acted out of line. There are better ways to restrain rowdy people and there are better ways to punish rulebreakers, so none of this is necessary, you just like the idea of gratuitous violence against people you don't like. Which is not how civilised society works. You'd doubtless be happier, ironically, living under Sharia law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back