• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brown still favourite with bookies, Sheridan is now fourth favourite at 6-1 behind Rosler and Bowyer. Brown is 25-1 for the Blackburn vacancy.

Yes i agree, i can only say what ive been told. Whether its true or not. Would seem to make some sense though. We keep seeing from the Bolton end that its John Sheridan they are interested in and not PB. The recent performances of the team, the interviews by PB himself etc would seem that not all is right in the camp. If this is true and PB wants to leave but RM is digging in his hills over the matter it might explain a lot of whats been going on recently. Either way would be surprised if PB is here at the start of next season and worried if he was

PB does not want to leave, a meeting was held last night with RM and SK, but this i believe was regarding guarantees over next seasons budget etc. PB is currently organising Pre season and the tour.

PB does not want to leave, a meeting was held last night with RM and SK, but this i believe was regarding guarantees over next seasons budget etc. PB is currently organising Pre season and the tour.

Are you basing PB's future at the club solely on the basis that they are making plans for next season? Do you know anything else?

I suggest you read my post again and not try and twist my comments.

I stand by my comment that if PB is very happy at the club and has every intention of seeing out his contract then a public statement to this effect at the start would of ended all this speculation and this 'saga', which like he said has effected the players and also many supporters.

Read it.
You say that PB should have said he was not interested in the Bolton job. BUT he may well be interested. Most people are interested in what they see as a bigger opportunity. They DO NOT TELL THEIR BOSS - they keep quiet until they have a firm offer - or the position goes to somebody else.
Which is exactly what I said.

So. I still think your comment was total nonsense! Your response is too.

Any statement now would be pointless. Even if PB says he is staying and then subsequently leaves, he would be within his rights to say "I intended to stay when I said it" so he wouldn't have been lying.

Every position in football has a price. There is no loyalty in the game, so we can't expect that from PB.

Whilst Rob49 has a point about letting us know, Kevin is right when he says, if PB is looking to move on, he wouldn't make it known to those above, until he knew he was going.

That said, football is a little different to most of our working environments, where we would just move on and work 4 weeks notice. Football has all kind of compensation clauses involved which can hamstring a deal and it's also a lot more in the public domain, making us all feel we are a part in the pantomime.

the information has come from a staff member, who works quite high up, obviously was not present in the meeting, but as far as they have been told and made aware it's business as usual and plans for the pre season and tour are being organised.

Read it.
You say that PB should have said he was not interested in the Bolton job. BUT he may well be interested. Most people are interested in what they see as a bigger opportunity. They DO NOT TELL THEIR BOSS - they keep quiet until they have a firm offer - or the position goes to somebody else.
Which is exactly what I said.

So. I still think your comment was total nonsense! Your response is too.

Yet again you are twisting words and denying that anyone has has a valid argument apart from yourself. You shouldn't try to change valid arguments to fit in with yours.. You clearly have a problem!!

i give up. You need to appreciate that everyone has an opinion and if it is not the same as yours it doesn't mean it's wrong.

i am not going to bother arguing it anymore as you will not listen.

Back