• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I genuinely don't understand the problem with signing at the opposition fans. Can someone explain it to me? If it's about swearing then we swear in our own songs. If it's about generating an atmosphere, you need to vary the songs to stop people getting bored.

As long as it's not discriminatory (racist/homophobic etc.) I don't see the problem.

I hope they leave W block as it is, maybe they could put a couple of stewards on the steps to keep an eye on everyone in the block (or a few on various rows in the NW corner?)

Well, firstly it's going to leave Roots Hall really rather quiet!

But my main concern is, are you planning to use Makaton or B.S.L?

:winking:

Stoke City are known for being the best fans for atmosphere in England. Why not take a look at how they do it and try and replicate that? I know they have a bigger fan base but is there's the same just a section for singing and that encourages others to join in or do they have several singing sections?

Just an idea...

You need to be watching more football mate if you think they are the best

Some officials at Southend have always over reacted to what a few fans do. It's a couple of crappy plastic chairs so let’s keep some perspective. Some of TBV are more or less spotty juvenile ******* so we have to allow for a few incidents. I still think in general I would rather have them, warts an all. I have always said and will keep going on that we need the North bank back. Not just a little bit of it sometimes. I don't believe the club when they say it's not possible. I believe that is just lazy thinking. Give the away support the South stand. IMO Shrimperzone should start a campaign to make this happen.

Some officials at Southend have always over reacted to what a few fans do. It's a couple of crappy plastic chairs so let’s keep some perspective. Some of TBV are more or less spotty juvenile ******* so we have to allow for a few incidents. I still think in general I would rather have them, warts an all. I have always said and will keep going on that we need the North bank back. Not just a little bit of it sometimes. I don't believe the club when they say it's not possible. I believe that is just lazy thinking. Give the away support the South stand. IMO Shrimperzone should start a campaign to make this happen.

The whole south stand? I'd be extremely ****ed off as I know other fans of the south upper would be if it was given to away fans.

That's the thing about opinions, not everyone has to agree with them. The North Bank is great for those who like to sit in the most uncomfortable part of the ground. The South Upper is a bit more reasonable for those that don't want the jazz of the North. Start a campaign? Not a chance.

Just like our fans were ****ed off when the away fans were given the North

Fair point, suppose no matter what decision they make its lose lose for the club. Sooner FF is sorted and built maybe the everyone will be happy.

Fair point, suppose no matter what decision they make its lose lose for the club. Sooner FF is sorted and built maybe the everyone will be happy.
That's something we are working on as well, having a say about how we can end up with a new ground with decent noise not a drab souless place like some

Also 30 mins left to get your questions in people

Why no re-use the North Bank stand at a new ground? It would be a lot cheaper than building a new stand or roof and would keep the atmosphere.

Why no re-use the North Bank stand at a new ground? It would be a lot cheaper than building a new stand or roof and would keep the atmosphere.

Because it's not a "stand". It's seats bolted on to shallow concrete terracing with a roof covering it.

You need to be watching more football mate if you think they are the best

Actually I would say Stoke are up there with the best in the country, perhaps maybe not the biggest with travelling in numbers but having family near by The Brittania and going there a few times their atmosphere is very impressive and honestly the loudest I have ever heard.

The whole ground seems to get involved and I also remember them having 2 or 3 blocks of the North in our first game in the championship and I remember thinking to myself how loud they were and there weren't even that many of them.

Just like our fans were ****ed off when the away fans were given the North

I was ****d off when we had to move from the North, but soon found (after a bit of moving around before they opened the South Upper ) what the best alternative was , Kept the same seats since then , (that'll be 20 years +)

I doubt there are many , particularly in W Block , who were inconvenienced by the decision made by Vic in 1992...

I was ****d off when we had to move from the North, but soon found (after a bit of moving around before they opened the South Upper ) what the best alternative was , Kept the same seats since then , (that'll be 20 years +)

I doubt there are many , particularly in W Block , who were inconvenienced by the decision made by Vic in 1992...

Have you seen how many 30+ fans we have in W block? Especially the back end

I am 63 but haven't been too well for the last eight months and only managed a couple of matches, but usually myself and DTS and other over 30s like to go to the second or third row from the back of W block. Basically I applaud the atmosphere that they try to create and while not actually part of it, personally not wanting to jump up and down etc., but we can join in with the chanting if we want.

For years it was embarrassing to see the like of 50 Halifax fans make more noise than the rest of Roots Hall, therefore I feel I'm doing my bit if only by adding an extra body to W block.

The youngsters may do silly things at times, but we were all young once, and it was much the same in the PAK days.

Back