• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with almost all of the comments on this thread.
This is a medium we should be exploiting in a professional way.
However , maybe the title is a little OTT !

I studied marketing in my first year at uni, I think that makes me more qualified than this blokes attempts. Not surprising tom got his move to a big club, the difference between the two is black and white.

Having worked in marketing up London I can't stress how important social media is these days

I read a lot of tweets from SUFC, albeit some about Crawley, but a funny one every now and then does no harm surely. And working for a US multinational I know a bit about marketing too :winking:

The whole social media presence is just far too Lad Bible-lite for me these days. Today's "efforts" are just the tip of the iceberg. This was a particular nadir for me:

I read a lot of tweets from SUFC, albeit some about Crawley, but a funny one every now and then does no harm surely. And working for a US multinational I know a bit about marketing too :winking:

The odd amusing tweet is fine, but the overall perception I get is that its a kid typing it, the image it is portraying is not what it should be.

Asking for what I'm assuming is a relatively young kid to be sacked over it is **** poor, mind.

It's only a bit of fun, I don't see a problem with it. If the communication channels from the club were sterile and boring nobody would read them. Sometimes it's just a case of moving with the times, especially if it appeals more to the younger fans who are the future lifeblood of the club.

Asking for what I'm assuming is a relatively young kid to be sacked over it is **** poor, mind.

True, but the Club's Twitter feed has gone down massively in the last 3/4 months.

It's not hard to keep it all professional. I run a Twitter feed for my Charity Football Match and Family Fun Day, plus for my football team Southminster & Norton. I'm not paid for either, and it's completely run off my own back, and it's all professional, relaying the facts. None of this "bantz". Frankly, it's embarrasing.

True, but the Club's Twitter feed has gone down massively in the last 3/4 months.

It's not hard to keep it all professional. I run a Twitter feed for my Charity Football Match and Family Fun Day, plus for my football team Southminster & Norton. I'm not paid for either, and it's completely run off my own back, and it's all professional, relaying the facts. None of this "bantz". Frankly, it's embarrasing.

Oh yeah, I'm not disputing that the content's deteriorated since the other kid left. It definitely needs reworking and brought back in line as I've pointed out already. What is wrong is demanding the kid be sacked over it. All it requires is a chat with the head of branding/marketing and some guidelines to be put into place.

Oh yeah, I'm not disputing that the content's deteriorated since the other kid left. It definitely needs reworking and brought back in line as I've pointed out already. What is wrong is demanding the kid be sacked over it. All it requires is a chat with the head of branding/marketing and some guidelines to be put into place.

Mountain and molehill! It was tongue in cheek.

Yeah, someone higher up needs to have a word and sort it out. Social media is massive, and a superb way of interacting with our fan base. Tom had it spot on, which is why the difference is so noticeable.

It's not difficult either.

One other thing that really annoys me is the use of players' nicknames. Stick to their proper names please, very irritating, and again, not very professional.

Yeah, someone higher up needs to have a word and sort it out. Social media is massive, and a superb way of interacting with our fan base. Tom had it spot on, which is why the difference is so noticeable.

It's not difficult either.

One other thing that really annoys me is the use of players' nicknames. Stick to their proper names please, very irritating, and again, not very professional.

"Great goal by WOZZZZZZAAAAAA" was the final straw for me

If it's who I think it is then he's a 22 year old Crawley fan. Not really a young kid so should be able to take some constructive criticism. Scott's well known to the club and obviously a big fan, so his input will surely do more good than harm. Not saying the other guy should be sacked, but why not get them together to bounce ideas off eachother and give Scott an opportunity to give the club some feedback from the fans?

Mountain and molehill! It was tongue in cheek.

shootingstars.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back