• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might not mind as much if he had the jist of the general tweets. I'm surprised this great banter was all spelt correctly.

Spelling and grammar shouldn't be too difficult. A tweet is 140 characters (or less), its not exactly going to take you a while to proof read it.

And when you're representing a company or brand on Social Media you shouldn't really need to be told how to conduct yourself.

Gist.

And I am staggered by the ridiculous level of petty vindictiveness and blatant self promotion in this thread. If you don't like his tweets, send him a polite message suggesting how he might change and improve, don't run this to several pages of drivel.

I agree that the tweets have been a little on the TOWIE side recently, but they still give me the information and updates I'm looking for, so does it really matter?

Gist.

And I am staggered by the ridiculous level of petty vindictiveness and blatant self promotion in this thread. If you don't like his tweets, send him a polite message suggesting how he might change and improve, don't run this to several pages of drivel.

By all accounts the chap is very arrogant and doesn't take too well to 'constructive criticism'

By all accounts the chap is very arrogant and doesn't take too well to 'constructive criticism'

"By all accounts"?? Staggering. Try contacting him yourself to find out instead of page after page of very negative and personal criticism.

gw-itcrowdmosspopcorn.gif

looks to me some people bitter about not getting a call so calling someone out on there spelling in 140 character platform pathetic if you ask me i actually like how it's been got more followers all publicity is good I say.

You don't know who I talk to. I know people who work within the club on match days.

I don't care who you gossip with. There's an appropriate way to register your opinion about someone's work and ability, and I would suggest Shrimperzone isn't it.

looks to me some people bitter about not getting a call so calling someone out on there spelling in 140 character platform pathetic if you ask me i actually like how it's been got more followers all publicity is good I say.
It had a similar amount of followers before the new guy came he hasn't done anything significant to gain any publicity or extra followers.

" I didn't even get the decency of a phone call or even an email to tell me my application was unsuccessful."

In my experience that's normal.

Gist.

Well said.

The Clubs Official twitter thread in my opinion has taken a real downturn in quality since Tom left and needs toning down a bit.

Its the voice of our club and one of the main ways people get to hear anything from SUFC, so do we want to visualise ourselves as a professional football club, or a teenager having banter?

The odd amusing tweet is fine, but it has to be 1)amusing and 2) not chavvy.

That's my personal opinion anyway.

That said its out of order to suggest this guy is therefore incapable of doing his job, Im pretty sure tweeting only constitutes a small part of it. Its very easy to suggest someone else, whoever it may be, would do a better job, but then few of us actually know what the full job entails.

Lets give the guy a break and a chance to improve and let the club and his manager decide if he is performing to their standards, they have a better view of what he actuall does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back