• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mountain and molehill! It was tongue in cheek.

craptax-otter_3031090k.jpg

One other thing that really annoys me is the use of players' nicknames. Stick to their proper names please, very irritating, and again, not very professional.

Great cross from Wozza's left wand and stuck it right on Bazza's swede

I say, Ding Dong! Those fine fellows in blue played an outstanding match! They played their fine art with both vim and vigour!

As we don't allow text-talk on the Zone perhaps it's time to stop using bollocks as well.

Baaaannnttttzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz -------- pants.

Be shocked if the guy is on more than £20k and I bet he works a 50-hour week for that. The bloke is fairly new to the job so this is a bit of a harsh thread.

Be shocked if the guy is on more than £20k and I bet he works a 50-hour week for that. The bloke is fairly new to the job so this is a bit of a harsh thread.

Why should wages come into it?

As I mentioned, I run two separate Twitter feeds off my own back in my spare time on top of a 42.5 hour week. I know to keep it as professional as possible, and not use nicknames and "bantz".

Perhaps we were spoilt with Tom beforehand, but it's hard to deny to unprofessionalism of the feed now. Such a shame.

Spelling and grammar shouldn't be too difficult. A tweet is 140 characters (or less), its not exactly going to take you a while to proof read it.

And when you're representing a company or brand on Social Media you shouldn't really need to be told how to conduct yourself.

I feel like I should take blame. I tweeted them that messi had been spotted on the train to Southend. :blush:

My favourite tweet was this one during the Christmas party, which was deleted soon after. Screen Shot 2015-02-02 at 22.19.18.jpg

What you have to remember about this guy is that the club went through an application process to replace the chap who left, interviewed some candidates (including myself I should add) and then gave the job to a friend of the guy who was leaving. Those are the facts, that they hired someone with no attachment or interest to the club, and one who is probably seeing this as just another job and a step up the ladder which is fine, but he's not doing a very impressive job.

Just to say, before people accuse me of sour grapes, possibly 30 seconds into the interview I realised I did not want the job and it's an essentially thankless position. Not a high salary, working very long hours mostly alone, and having to do the work of three or four people with little praise, all while having to deal with Phil Brown who by all accounts vets everything very carefully.

For an idle fella like myself, not the dream job I thought it was initially, but just a shame the guy they did employ is very poor at his job indeed.

My favourite tweet was this one during the Christmas party, which was deleted soon after. View attachment 3022

What you have to remember about this guy is that the club went through an application process to replace the chap who left, interviewed some candidates (including myself I should add) and then gave the job to a friend of the guy who was leaving. Those are the facts, that they hired someone with no attachment or interest to the club, and one who is probably seeing this as just another job and a step up the ladder which is fine, but he's not doing a very impressive job.

Just to say, before people accuse me of sour grapes, possibly 30 seconds into the interview I realised I did not want the job and it's an essentially thankless position. Not a high salary, working very long hours mostly alone, and having to do the work of three or four people with little praise, all while having to deal with Phil Brown who by all accounts vets everything very carefully.

For an idle fella like myself, not the dream job I thought it was initially, but just a shame the guy they did employ is very poor at his job indeed.

Your Paxman style interview technique would have been most welcome. Our loss you were passed over.

_74563627_022073731-2.jpg

Why should wages come into it?

Market forces. I don't know anything about the guy and don't want to judge him, but an experienced media all-rounder is not going to leave their current job for a salary like that. It's the same with any job, the employer needs to offer competitive terms to attract the best candidates.

Has anyone asked Scott if he actually wants this job?
Think if the post came up He would be a great choice! Could maybe help out The Echo as well!
(Chris is good! The others are shocking!)

Has anyone asked Scott if he actually wants this job?
Think if the post came up He would be a great choice! Could maybe help out The Echo as well!
(Chris is good! The others are shocking!)

I was interviewed for the job and must admit that after doing 18 months of voluntary work with the highlights and other video projects, I found it very disappointing and a little unprofessional really that I didn't even get the decency of a phone call or even an email to tell me my application was unsuccessful.

I was interviewed for the job and must admit that after doing 18 months of voluntary work with the highlights and other video projects, I found it very disappointing and a little unprofessional really that I didn't even get the decency of a phone call or even an email to tell me my application was unsuccessful.

That is poor. But from various anecdotes from people I have spoken to who have dealt with the club over the years, not surprising. PR is not their strong point.

My gob is smacked! (Not):thumbdown:

Your Paxman style interview technique would have been most welcome. Our loss you were passed over.

_74563627_022073731-2.jpg

Haha. To be fair the job would have represented for me both a paycut and a lowering down the table in terms of who I was working for, but because it was the club I support and the job was five minutes from my house I thought it'd be silly not to give it a go, though as I say, the chosen one was already appointed and the interview took place I assume just to try and look fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back