• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hubby popped down early this afternoon for ours, got seats from the 2nd batch. No queue but while he was in there 4 or 5 people came in wanting tickets but who weren't entitled to get them before general release, and who got turned away. It was quite clear that general sale wasn't till Thursday wasn't it?

Hubby popped down early this afternoon for ours, got seats from the 2nd batch. No queue but while he was in there 4 or 5 people came in wanting tickets but who weren't entitled to get them before general release, and who got turned away. It was quite clear that general sale wasn't till Thursday wasn't it?
in the away tickets blurb on the official site, does say away tickets are on general sale from Thursday

What are the the ticket office opening times ? Are there restrictions on the amount you can buy ?

Doesn't stop people from trying their luck though.

Doesn't stop people from trying their luck though.

No, but they shouldn't stand there moaning at the staff that they've "driven all the way from (insert furthest Southend borough area)" and expect to be sympathised with!

Why does this happen every time we have games like this. It's not very often so you think the club would have got the joke by now. I thought I'd give it a few days to settle down and phone tomorrow but now dreading what could be a long wait. Why don't they just get more people in for a few days or is that too easy?!?!

Why does this happen every time we have games like this. It's not very often so you think the club would have got the joke by now. I thought I'd give it a few days to settle down and phone tomorrow but now dreading what could be a long wait. Why don't they just get more people in for a few days or is that too easy?!?!

Last two days they havent been much in the way of queues.

We had this for Wembley last year, people panic and all rush down first day and queued for 5 hours, then 2 days later you can walk in and buy in 10 minutes.

You can't walk in if you work in London, it's the phones where they need to get things sorted!!

You can't walk in if you work in London, it's the phones where they need to get things sorted!!
Get a mate, wife, brother, sister, mum etc. How hard can it be? I got 6 tickets for me and the other season ticket holders I attend games with. I didn't have to have the actual cards but I did need to show I knew their names, addresses, seat nos for the club checks. As others have pointed out this happens every time in these situations so some basic self admin meant we got organised.
And I am not "on your case" mate but trying to offer suggestions.

Get a mate, wife, brother, sister, mum etc. How hard can it be? I got 6 tickets for me and the other season ticket holders I attend games with. I didn't have to have the actual cards but I did need to show I knew their names, addresses, seat nos for the club checks. As others have pointed out this happens every time in these situations so some basic self admin meant we got organised.
And I am not "on your case" mate but trying to offer suggestions.

I personally don't think it's fair to ask my parents to drive for 45 mins up to the ground and then queue for 40 mins for tickets to an event they're not gonna go to. Hence why I persevered with the crazy wait on the phone line for nearly 2 hours to achieve absolutely nothing. It's only thanks to the good folk on this site that I found out about the fault with the phone system and emailed the club instead.

Had an email from Steve Kavanagh to say he had already said on Shrimperzone that ticketing for the final will be outsourced, if we get there.

Ive not seen that so must have missed it but just putting it out there.

Good luck getting tickets today and tomorrow I reckon it's going to be carnarge.

Good luck getting tickets today and tomorrow I reckon it's going to be carnarge.

Nice weather for a car park queue too :'(

So today the general plebs get to go to the ground to buy away tickets, no doubt to queue for hours to do so. Yet home tickets aren't on sale yet so those same poor souls are then going to have to do it again on Saturday.

Seems a bit daft and just making more queues?

The lifeblood of a League 2 football club is selling tickets for games. Our club is clueless when it comes to...selling match day tickets.
A disgrace that has gone on..and on..and on...and on!!!!!!!!!

The lifeblood of a League 2 football club is selling tickets for games. Our club is clueless when it comes to...selling match day tickets.
A disgrace that has gone on..and on..and on...and on!!!!!!!!!

Bit harsh.

Lifeblood is selling games for normal matches, which the club does generally well.

Big games with massive demand are out of the ordinary and not the norm, they will therefore not be set up to deal with spikes. They have brought in extra staff and even opened on Bank Holiday but as always people rush down there the first day and queue for hours and the last two days have been very quiet.

The telephone system however doesnt seem to work properly and despite them asking people not to use it many have no choice. That needs to be replaced but they arent going to do so until the new stadium.

The windows do seem a bit odd per my post above though, could have avoided some duplication in queues by allowing people to buy away and home at same time.

It is an old topic but standing terraces do make selling tickets so much simpler than numbered planned seating rows so today should be easier than previous as there are only terrace remaining.
And if the North Bank was sold as standing and not individual allocated seats then that would also speed up the 2nd leg sales and future TBV if they get back in there.

Can't green you Jam Man but well said. Games like this are one-offs and you expect the ticket office to struggle with demand. Look at it like this, neither game will sell out. So why does everyone rush down on the first day? Was the same with Wembley. Makes no sense at all.

Back