• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I accept that neither game will sell out but I am having to resort to camping on the phone from 9.30 this morning in the hope of getting tickets for the away leg. But not feeling too confident about it as I do think that we will sell our allocation. Looks like I might have to get in the home end on Sunday!

Bit harsh.

Lifeblood is selling games for normal matches, which the club does generally well.

No, it doesn't. It's been a disgrace for years. Season tickets that don't work, time and time again. Duplicate seats sold. Systems going down. Now "programming errors" - believe that if you will.

The ticket system is barely fit for purpose.

The telephone system is something out of the ark and definitely not fit for purpose.

The limited staff do their best working within the constraints above.

For most supporters the ticket office is the main point of interaction between them and the club and it is sadly lacking.

As for Steve Kavanagh responding and saying "he'll jump on it" when told about the problems, if he were any sort of manager he'd been on top of it from the word go, managing the situation not sitting back fielding complaints.

Yes they have issues, and the issues with season tickets not working for the first game of the season is always a joke, and the issue last week selling season tickets seats again a screw up, but first Ive ever heard that happening.

The telephone system does need replacing, it cant cope with times like these, but its generally ok in normal times.

That said, every week I buy tickets, every week I have no problem whatsoever. 20 + times a year without any problems is hardly a 'disgrace'.

Rung at 9.29 and 1st in queue apparently, although I held on for about 50 mins yesterday from position 1 in the queue and had to hang up as boss watching.

Bit harsh.

Lifeblood is selling games for normal matches, which the club does generally well.

Big games with massive demand are out of the ordinary and not the norm, they will therefore not be set up to deal with spikes. They have brought in extra staff and even opened on Bank Holiday but as always people rush down there the first day and queue for hours and the last two days have been very quiet.

The telephone system however doesnt seem to work properly and despite them asking people not to use it many have no choice. That needs to be replaced but they arent going to do so until the new stadium.

The windows do seem a bit odd per my post above though, could have avoided some duplication in queues by allowing people to buy away and home at same time.

My question to both is why?
As said, they know what's coming, but can't deal with it. On a one-off could they outsource the semi-final as well as the final? Why won't they sell online with tickets being picked up at Burton?
I'm close to giving up trying to get through on the phone as an exiled-Shrimper in London - that's three that won't be going unless I get through today.
I started on Shrimperzone with a rant against the ticket office in August 2010, and I think the then box-office manager left his post soon after.
So nothing learned in nearly four years.

Yeah pls let us know when you get to 1 as I am still 1st but not convinced. Cheers.

Yeah that seems to be the problem.

Its not the fact that they only have one guy answering the phone its the fact you dont ever get to him. In theory they took a call before you rang and it could take 15 minutes to carry out the transaction, but if you are still there in 10 minutes or so then that doesnt look good...

I've been position 1 since 9.30 too . It's lulling us all into a false sense of security.

My question to both is why?
As said, they know what's coming, but can't deal with it. On a one-off could they outsource the semi-final as well as the final? Why won't they sell online with tickets being picked up at Burton?
I'm close to giving up trying to get through on the phone as an exiled-Shrimper in London - that's three that won't be going unless I get through today.
I started on Shrimperzone with a rant against the ticket office in August 2010, and I think the then box-office manager left his post soon after.
So nothing learned in nearly four years.

To deal with spikes they have opened on Bank Holiday and got more people in, if we get to the final ticketing is to be outsourced, so they have actually taken action. As for outsourcing for the semi finals you will have to ask them, but I would imagine the cost of doing so isnt economical for 1700 away tickets.

As for the phone system its a case of money, they will no doubt have plans to change it for the new stadium. It should be pretty easy to have a phone system that allows more than one person to take calls, we just deployed one to a company of 200 people, and the cost wasnt actually very much.

I've been position 1 since 9.30 too . It's lulling us all into a false sense of security.

Well now I'm apparently in position 1.

Will see what happens.

Yeah pls let us know when you get to 1 as I am still 1st but not convinced. Cheers.

Oh dear, are you all still on hold and still being told you are first?

Booo. Took me 10 minutes just to get on the queue- phone exceptionally busy blah blah. Position 14, from 18 10 minutes ago.

You may be 14th but sounds like there are 12 people in first :smile:

Back