• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If we are talking no chance to sign him ....... then Gary Hooper was an unused sub for Narwch .... Young Steve Tilson never did use Hooper to get the best out of him.

If we are talking no chance to sign him ....... then Gary Hooper was an unused sub for Narwch .... Young Steve Tilson never did use Hooper to get the best out of him.

Yes, the bitter truth about winning promotion can be you are no longer wanted by your club .... and I wondered if Hooper might be available.

Whilst we are dreaming, can I start a rumour that we are interested in signing a young man called Moussa .... :smile:

It seems that discussion of general targets/released players etc is happening across multiple threads.

Here's yet another thread, but maybe a good place to discuss targets and players should look at. Who knows, maybe Phil will have a look!

This isn't to replace threads where there is 'inside info' or a genuine rumour, just a place for general speculation.

I didn't realise Alfie Mawson was out of contract:
http://www.westlondonsport.com/brentford/wycombe-eye-permanent-mawson-deal

He's be a genuine improvement on all of our CBs, IMO.

His age would see us need to pay a fee. Him and Bolger as first choice with Prosser, Thompson and Barrett(?) behind would be perfect.

I am amazed that we have offered Prosser a new deal when there are loads of decent centre backs out there. We clearly need some as Bolger and Tommo are still young and AB is getting older all the time.

Nicky Maynard has been released by Cardiff, I know I'm probably thinking to optimistically, but he would be a great signing for us and I do see him dropping to League 1. Going through a list of Championship players released, and those who will likely drop to League 1 include:

Nick Proschwitz
Craig Mackail-Smith
Jay Emmanual-Thomas
Simon Church
Chris Eagles
Jamie Ward (50/50 if he would)
Martin Paterson
Noel and Stephen Hunt (Have either worked with Brown before?)
Nicky Bailey
Ricardo Fuller
Magaye Gueye
Ben Pringle (again 50/50 to drop a level)
Giles Coke
Jacques Maghoma
Leon Clarke

There are plenty more on there -
https://footballfragmento.wordpress.com/2015/05/07/championship-released-players-summer-2015/

Unless you know something I don't we clearly don't have budget for any of these.

Two realistic targets I'd like to see is swap Prosser with Sokolik if he is still at Yeovil??, I'd like to see Theo Robinson back, I think a lt of the names quoted are well out of our team budget let alone as a individual.

Two realistic targets I'd like to see is swap Prosser with Sokolik if he is still at Yeovil??, I'd like to see Theo Robinson back, I think a lt of the names quoted are well out of our team budget let alone as a individual.

I'd love it if either of those come off. I think we wouldn't be making a bad move by offering Jason Banton a contract he was the best player for Plymouth in both legs and definitely has talent.

I think if he was going to drop down to L1, then a big club like Sheff Utd or Cov would be looking at him, and happy to pay big bucks. He's a good player and even though he's been here before we'd be well back in the pecking order I'd guess.

We can dream though!

I think if he was going to drop down to L1, then a big club like Sheff Utd or Cov would be looking at him, and happy to pay big bucks. He's a good player and even though he's been here before we'd be well back in the pecking order I'd guess.

We can dream though!

Theo Robinson was already in league one with Doncaster the whole of last season.

Please excuse it was my phone

Anthony Grant is supposedly leaving Crewe as his contract expires in the summer, but because his wages are quite high I don't know if he would be consider for a return. Still a good player from what I read.

He played in my charity game earlier in the month, and certainly hasn't ruled out a return to Roots Hall...

i would keep prosser as I think at the start of the season he will still be our no 1 starter at centre back, sokolik might struggle at first after his injury, think Barrett will also be on bench come the start of the season if he can get another deal with us, I really rate prosser and wouldn't sell him for anything less than 500k.

i would keep prosser as I think at the start of the season he will still be our no 1 starter at centre back, sokolik might struggle at first after his injury, think Barrett will also be on bench come the start of the season if he can get another deal with us, I really rate prosser and wouldn't sell him for anything less than 500k.

:hilarious: I'll have some of what your on!!

He played in my charity game earlier in the month, and certainly hasn't ruled out a return to Roots Hall...
Pretty sure CP said Granty was in the directors box during the Stevenage game jumping up and down! Crewe fans seem to think he's in talks with both us and Millwall!! :unsure:

Back