• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pretty sure CP said Granty was in the directors box during the Stevenage game jumping up and down! Crewe fans seem to think he's in talks with both us and Millwall!! :unsure:

Yes, he was there for that game...

Like to see Loza back at Roots Hall, great little player.. if not in the first team, an impact sub against a tired defence like the Weston role..

Hasn't really done much since leaving us but I'm sure Phil can get him back on track.

Like to see Loza back at Roots Hall, great little player.. if not in the first team, an impact sub against a tired defence like the Weston role..

Hasn't really done much since leaving us but I'm sure Phil can get him back on track.

I'd like him to stay at Norwich. Apart from the Oxford game, he didn't do enough for me.

We already have someone for the Weston role though, but I can't remember his name, I think he came from Gillingham about a year ago.

Anthony Grant is supposedly leaving Crewe as his contract expires in the summer, but because his wages are quite high I don't know if he would be consider for a return. Still a good player from what I read.

Apparently, when asked if he was returning to Blues, his reply was: "You'd have to ask the chairman". Heard this from my neighbour who works at the club

Apparently, when asked if he was returning to Blues, his reply was: "You'd have to ask the chairman". Heard this from my neighbour who works at the club
i would be shocked if we had him back at the club, I don't think he is any better than we already have at the club plus I would pick deegan over him any day, think league two awaits Mr grant.

i would be shocked if we had him back at the club, I don't think he is any better than we already have at the club plus I would pick deegan over him any day, think league two awaits Mr grant.

Totally disagree, Grant is head and shoulders above Deegan IMO

Dan Potts has just been released by Southend - was highly rated and has played a fair few games in the Premiership. I think he would provide very stiff competition for John White, although by the sounds of it Luton are keen to sign him.

Is it just me or do we always appear to bide our time in the transfer market??

dan potts has just been released by southend - was highly rated and has played a fair few games in the premiership. I think he would provide very stiff competition for john white, although by the sounds of it luton are keen to sign him.

Is it just me or do we always appear to bide our time in the transfer market??

looooooool

Grant is a lot better than Deegan. All those that worship Deegan is only for his beard. Lets be honest, he is distinctly average league two midfielder. There is a reason why we got him on a month to month contract. Because no one else wanted him. Grant actually knows how to shield a back 4, Deegan doesnt.

Deegan not a fraction of the player Granty is.
Grant might have more skill than deegan but deegan will always put that no nonsense attitude into and against opposition players, most teams need a nasty player in there team and deegan does that on the field for us, grant just wouldn't or was never the same sort of player as deegan, grant would never make our starting eleven in league one for me.

Grant might have more skill than deegan but deegan will always put that no nonsense attitude into and against opposition players, most teams need a nasty player in there team and deegan does that on the field for us, grant just wouldn't or was never the same sort of player as deegan, grant would never make our starting eleven in league one for me.
You're right Grant never will be the same sort of player than Deegan... Because he's a lot better. And even if Grant didn't make our team in League 1, Deegan certianly wouldn't either. so even if we need a 'nasty' player in our team it won't be Deegan because there is no way he is good enough to start in League 1 (He doesn't even start in League 2).

I've heard we've been taking a look at Dayle Southwell in the Conference North who's at Boston. Scored 30 for them this season and only 21. http://www.bostonunited.co.uk/s/the-team-24809.html?player_id=1245962

Just seen this on Twitter, where on earth do they get this rubbish from?

We have been scouting him. Correct. Allardyce has recommended Brown to take a look at Collison but his knees are shot so it would be a risk on a high wage.

All those that worship Deegan is only for his beard....

BEARD

_68695275_anthony_grant.jpg

FEARED

I0000Yc_QDMUviwM.jpg

BIT WEIRD

image_56051.png

We have been scouting him. Correct. Allardyce has recommended Brown to take a look at Collison but his knees are shot so it would be a risk on a high wage.

Wouldn't hurt to give them both a trial for when the friendlies come around.

You're right Grant never will be the same sort of player than Deegan... Because he's a lot better. And even if Grant didn't make our team in League 1, Deegan certianly wouldn't either. so even if we need a 'nasty' player in our team it won't be Deegan because there is no way he is good enough to start in League 1 (He doesn't even start in League 2).
I'll get me coat shall I :'(

Back