• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I think the problem is that Southend United are obviously not going draw a huge tv audience....and neither are Hull City. Both clubs will have the PB factor as extra interest...but would anyone outside Humberside or South East Essex care less??

Just heard Cameron on tv - predicting unrest and civil disorder from Penzance to Carlisle as the news filters through that the masses will be unable to see Southend United versus Hull City live on tv!! :winking:

Southend v Hull has world wide interest, im here in Australia ,im interested , their Orm IN hong KONG i thing , he/she is interested , then theres Tampa something in USA he/she is interested,a few in France and Spain that are interested,pretty Worldwide to me.TV companies should be ashamed dont Chelsea get enough coverage ,be nice to spread a bit of joy around and im betting our match has got a few people interested.

Well we will just have to beat Hull then to get on TV next round ...:smiles:
Luckily I can make the game

Shame we are not on TV but thats the way it goes.Should still be a great occasion at Roots Hall.I am really looking forward to it

Choosing fixtures like this for the TV games is why the FA Cup is losing it's lustre.

I'm amazed our game hasn't been chosen as it's the formula for a cupset.

The TV companys are denying the rest of the country a giant killing live on TV .

Global interest in Southend United also extends to New Zealand!

We sometimes falter in front of live cameras so if that helps our confidence then I'm quite happy to wait for our 5th round match to be televised! :winking:

All about selling TV rights to other countries. Chelsea v Stoke maybe boring to us, but in the streets of Sierra Leone, Manilla and Caracas it's cash money (as the young people might say).

We sometimes falter in front of live cameras so if that helps our confidence then I'm quite happy to wait for our 5th round match to be televised! :winking:

Indeed. 4-1 away at Millwall, and 5-0 against QPR spring to mind. I think we actually have pretty good record in televised matches over the years, JPT finals aside...

I'm outraged by this - the two Sunday games that have been selected are pathetic.

Sheff U v Fulham/Norwich

Who cares?!?

Where has the magic gone? :madman:

Back