• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
40 posts all because one of the club's staff popped into the South Upper yesterday morning to remove DWB's sticker from his seat!?

Paul Smith, you're a right ******* sometimes!

:winking:

40 posts all because one of the club's staff popped into the South Upper yesterday morning to remove DWB's sticker from his seat!?

Paul Smith, you're a right ******* sometimes!

:winking:

I thought about that one but as he doesn't come off his line, he wouldn't have been able to reach :smile:

The whole issue isn't about the sticker but the fact the Club committed to something and didn't deliver. Been happening for years and if the Club want to be viewed as a professional outfit they should do what they say they will.

I had a car park season ticket a few years ago. Turned up for a game that was televised and was told "there's no room mate cos the TV Cameras are here". Had previously had the same problem and written to the Club and was still in possession of the reply I got back from Mr King apologising profusely and assuring me it would never happen again.

So I left my car in the entrance whilst debating the point with the car park stewards. Some other bloke came over and said I would have to move as the Chairman was arriving. I said, It doesn't matter as you have already told me there isn't any room in the car park so he'll have to park somewhere else.

After some hoo haa they found room for me and the Chairman. Not being able to park wouldn't have been the end of the world for me but the Club sold me something they couldn't provide, which is not acceptable.

So basically DWB you are complaining about things that havent happened to you?

The ticketing is a shambles for some and it always is and that certainly isnt acceptable, but that didnt even effect you did it, all that affected you was a sticker wasnt on a seat, which doesnt equate to the same thing at all and isnt even the same people responsible.

Be fair, DWB and his son aren't the only ones without their names on their seats. East Red, where I sit, there are plenty of seats without names on, my dad's mate, (who sits next to me) doesn't have his name on the seat either. A number of people sat round me yesterday were quite rightly moaning they didn't have their names on their seats.

As I mentioned before, we paid for it, the club should have delivered it by now.

And those who wanted it had to pay an extra £10 for it, so he has every right to complain

£10?? Your schitting me? I'm not sure what's worse, the club charging for it, or anyone actually paying £10 for it??

I understand as a bit of a gimmick, but seriously, why would anyone actually want their name on their seat???

No name on my seats either yesterday. Tweeted Ryan Murrant who replied straight away even though it was 14.54 on a match day and he must have been busy. I'm not worried as I am certain he will have it sorted soon.

I'm just going to balance up the club bashing here.

Went in the ticket office to buy a ticket for the Carling Cup game on Tuesday. Asked for seats in the South Upper. Girl in the ticket office spins the screen round asks where I want to sit. I choose 4 seats.

Come back later go to the Shrimpers Bar sink a couple go to the game. Go to get upstairs and get told the seats are all taken by people from the East. Remonstrate and get told there's nothing they can do, take a seat in the South Lower.

Spent the next 90 minutes looking at ankles. Email the ticket office the next day - 1 hour later the ticket office manager phones me apologising profusely for the **** up and lack of comms between staff. Immediately offer me a refund or tickets for the next game.

All this was sorted very quickly and professionally without me feeling the need to start a kangaroo court on an online forum. I'm more than satisfied with the way they sorted it. One email and all is sorted. Amazing how several people can bring some minor niggles to a forum and all of a sudden things have been catastrophised well enough to allow (not so) hidden agendas the opportunity to manifest again.

If we analysed every shortcoming of every company the consensus would be that no company "has a clue".

And those who wanted it had to pay an extra £10 for it, so he has every right to complain
Really?? I didn't pay a penny extra and I've got one!

Edit: just double checked the season ticket renewal form, there's no charge for the name on the seat, only that you'll have it if you renew before 1st may. So it's s free gimmick, not £10.

Renewed both mine and Mrs ETTB's season ticket at the end of last season. Finance form arrived for mine after a few weeks, but not for the wife. **** up number one.

Printed out another form, sent it off, finance forms arrive and all seems ok.

My season ticket turns up about 6 weeks ago, but just mine, however, direct debit is all set up and money starting to be paid on the wife's, so assume it will turn up at some stage. Phone the club twice this week, and assured that it will be sent out before first game, which of course it wasn't.

Obviously it didn't arrive. **** up number two.

Went to the club shop yesterday morning to find out they had no record of my wife's ticket, despite starting to pay for it. Eventually discovered that they had put it against my seat as well as my payment. **** up number three.

After about half an hour managed to the problem) out, and got her ticket printed. Got to the game, and realised that they had given her the wrong seat (104 instead of 106) 104 had been sold. Dont know if its been sold as a season ticket or just the one off. **** up number four.

Also no stickers

I'm just going to balance up the club bashing here.

Went in the ticket office to buy a ticket for the Carling Cup game on Tuesday. Asked for seats in the South Upper. Girl in the ticket office spins the screen round asks where I want to sit. I choose 4 seats.

Come back later go to the Shrimpers Bar sink a couple go to the game. Go to get upstairs and get told the seats are all taken by people from the East. Remonstrate and get told there's nothing they can do, take a seat in the South Lower.

Spent the next 90 minutes looking at ankles. Email the ticket office the next day - 1 hour later the ticket office manager phones me apologising profusely for the **** up and lack of comms between staff. Immediately offer me a refund or tickets for the next game.

All this was sorted very quickly and professionally without me feeling the need to start a kangaroo court on an online forum. I'm more than satisfied with the way they sorted it. One email and all is sorted. Amazing how several people can bring some minor niggles to a forum and all of a sudden things have been catastrophised well enough to allow (not so) hidden agendas the opportunity to manifest again.

If we analysed every shortcoming of every company the consensus would be that no company "has a clue".

You've balanced nothing. Merely pointed out another major ****-up with the ticketing "arrangements" for the Walsall game.
Yet another shambles. The fact that they have come up with a reasonable recompense (at cost to the club) is neither here nor there. The club's administration is an absolute disgrace. To describe anything to do with their ticketing arrangements for Walsall as "professional" beggars belief.

So, davewebbsbrain did you renew before 1st may or did you pay the tenner ?

I renewed well before the 1st May. I wouldn't have paid a tenner to get my name on my seat. I've said all along that it was a trivial thing in the grand scheme of things but considering they phoned me to make sure they had the names right, all the other seats around us were completed, I can't understand how they were missed. This seems to be the case in other areas of the ground too. Add this to plenty of issues with season cards not being posted, not being ordered at all in Ex-Trust Treasurer Blokes case yet being charged for it and a whole list of other issues, it has turned into a big balls up as usual from SUFC.

It's all well and good saying they do good in other ways but they are a professional business who should be getting all things right, they have had enough years of practice.

How hard can it be to get these things right?

I contacted the club yesterday morning and asked for 25,000 tickets for the game against Stevo,To my annoyance the club refused my request explaining they only have 5000 available!

Shocking stuff from the club:winking:

I contacted the club yesterday morning and asked for 25,000 tickets for the game against Stevo,To my annoyance the club refused my request explaining they only have 5000 available!

Shocking stuff from the club:winking:

Most pointless post ever?

Why don't you make your own sticker:winking:

Haha..........Moaner of the month.......i thought them stickers are pathetic and embarrissing........why worry, i suppose things are looking too good on the pitch for some people!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back