• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

Well, you're in a minority as its the biggest viewed programme this, and last year which is quite an acheivement when it's up against Strictly/X Factor/BGT et al.

Most telly is middle class these days - the only thing that isn't is when they're poking fun at people living in squalor and poverty for the Daily Mail brigade to get angry about. Long may it's tweeness reign, it's a bit of chocolate cake in a ****ing ***** world.

Yep you have pretty much listed the reasons I like being part of a minority when it comes to TV. Most stuff viewed by the masses is tripe.

I'm with Cyril, can't stand GBBO or Mel and Sue

Just googled it and it peaked at 14.5m.

So three-quarters of the population weren't interested in it. You were the minority.

I have mostly not been watchin the great borish bake cough because we have no tv and im upper class and dont watch that lower middle class twaddle or top gear.

This Is England 90.

The scene with Milky & Combo in the cafe, and then the aftermath. Chilling stuff, breathtaking acting from all involved. Well done to Andrew Shim & Stephen Graham, sheer emotion.

Lovely, if not chilling bit of role reversal from the original film.

This Is England 92 please Shane Meadows!

Thanks for the heads up on this.Really enjoyed watching it.:thumbsup:

Indeed. He's not made a bad one (though Somers Town/Le Donk & S are a bit meh).

I haven't watched Le Donk & Scor-zay-zee or however it's spelt? heard pretty poor reviews and never got round to it. Dead man's shoes is superb too, nothing touches TIE though, the film and the series that followed

I haven't watched Le Donk & Scor-zay-zee or however it's spelt? heard pretty poor reviews and never got round to it. Dead man's shoes is superb too, nothing touches TIE though, the film and the series that followed

Yeah, it's alright. Bit of a joke film despite some quality actors. Somers Town starts well but ends up being an advert for Eurostar.

Shane Meadows never fails IMO, if you haven't already check out some of his films. I'd highly recommend A room for Romeo Brass

Saw the original This is England film.Don't think I've caught anything else of his but I'm aware of his (fully justified) reputation.

(edit)Oh yeah I did see Somers Town back in the day.:cricko:

We Want Our Country Back.

Loved the bit with the muslim restaurant owner telling those fascist morons to go and get a job.

Le Donk is ok as long as you go into it thinking its spoof. 'Dead Man's Shoes' I adore. Paddy Considine's acting in that is sublime. Romeo Brass I agree is great but I keep going back to DMShoes and each time I'm amazed at how well it's executed.

This Is England - watched em all to build up to the new series and they are all great TV

Just finished watching Newsroom from Sky box sets. Only 3 series but utterly brilliant

Back