• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

erm what? "Celebs" watching TV?

Yep, they tend to do this annually, in aid of charity. This year was "Stand up to cancer", and some of the features they reviewed were heartbreaking.

It is oddly funny. I thought I'd hate GB but its actually pretty funny.

Once you get past Sandy and Sandra hamming it up for the cameras, there are some very unintentionally funny people out there. Love Jenny and Lee in the caravan in Hull, Gyles and Mary make me crack up, he's so dry and Stephen and Chris are hilarious.

I am starting to enjoy Beck, BBC 4, Swedish sub titled detective stuff, some good but flawed characters in the scripts.

I am starting to enjoy Beck, BBC 4, Swedish sub titled detective stuff, some good but flawed characters in the scripts.
Not the best of the recent BBC4 imports, but very watchable with some good characters. More Swedish crime drama next week as Arne Dahl returns for series 2 - really loved the first one.

I've just done the first 4 episodes of Narcos which is based on the life of Pablo Escobar, interesting stuff.

Yeah it's been covered a few pages back, really good, I don't know anyone who has watched it who hasn't loved it. I'm assuming you have netflix if you are watching? If so after you are done check out the documentary "sins of my father" by Pablo's son. A really good story

New series of The Walking Dead - impressive effects, but for some reason it left me a bit cold. Big plot holes -
  Spoiler:  
the Tractor shop. Why don't you take out the 12 walkers BEFORE it came a bit critical?
maybe too many characters that I couldn't give a poop about, not enough Carol/Michonne/Darryl screen time.

Ended well though, so hopefully pick up.

New series of The Walking Dead - impressive effects, but for some reason it left me a bit cold. Big plot holes -
  Spoiler:  
the Tractor shop. Why don't you take out the 12 walkers BEFORE it came a bit critical?
maybe too many characters that I couldn't give a poop about, not enough Carol/Michonne/Darryl screen time.

Ended well though, so hopefully pick up.

And a plan to bounce off of walls made no sense either.

That said there were loads of zombies and sets up next week nicely. After the disappointing FOTWD it was a breath of fresh air.

Seriously though. One of those shows that just stays with you. Still mulling it round in my head a day and a half later. I think it's still on Sky Demand, I'd highly recommend it.

Yeah we were both really affected by it. Oscar Isaac's performance was just exceptional.

Looking forward to reading the book.

lead_960.jpg

Series 2 of The Returned on More4 tonight. Two years since the first series, struggled to remember who was who and what had happened, didn't help that most of it was set at night.

Drastic™;1796472 said:
Series 2 of The Returned on More4 tonight. Two years since the first series, struggled to remember who was who and what had happened, didn't help that most of it was set at night.

Caught up with it last night - oddly once I saw familiar faces, S1 all came flooding back. Really enjoyed it.

Back