• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Meetings where you want to slice your wrists open and end it all. :sad:

I had a nice 30sec nap however and I don't think anyone noticed. :smile:

Our company have offices across Europe, but the HQ is in Austria. Earlier in the year, it was announced that, in order to align with our Austrian colleagues, the UK office wouldn't close over Christmas. So if we want to take time off between Christmas and New Year, it comes out of our holiday balance. A bit annoying, but fair enough.

Except, Austria have loads of bank holidays - they're off again today - that we don't have. Do we get those off? Do we ****.

:raspberry:
Our company have offices across Europe, but the HQ is in Austria. Earlier in the year, it was announced that, in order to align with our Austrian colleagues, the UK office wouldn't close over Christmas. So if we want to take time off between Christmas and New Year, it comes out of our holiday balance. A bit annoying, but fair enough.

Except, Austria have loads of bank holidays - they're off again today - that we don't have. Do we get those off? Do we ****.

Since when has December 27-31 been Bank holidays :raspberry:

there was a proposal at the general election to make each of the national days of the UK public holidays.....

Except, Austria have loads of bank holidays - they're off again today - that we don't have
. Do we get those off? Do we ****.

Simple-vote Labour.Jeremy Corbyn has promised 4 new bank holidays for the UK.You know it makes sense. :winking:

:raspberry:

Since when has December 27-31 been Bank holidays :raspberry:

True! But after a few years of getting those days off for free (I've done my fair of working through the festive period over the years) it is a bit of punch in the balls. I will book it off though, can't be doing with the 'work from home' facade.

Simple-vote Labour.Jeremy Corbyn has promised 4 new bank holidays for the UK.You know it makes sense. :winking:

I like the idea of more time off work - who doesn't! - although I'm not so sure about the idea of linking them to the patron saints of the UK's constituent countries. Means the year is too front-loaded in terms of days off.

Next to no sleep most of the week as hubby has been working all hours with the bloomin' delays to so many inbound flights because of the weather and French air traffic controllers. I can't do the going to bed at 10, getting up at midnight then back to bed at 3 to get up at 5 thing - in fact, I have been totally disorientated by it....last night his alarm went off at midnight and I totally freaked out. He's just getting up again now to work through the night before going to be after I get up in the morning.

Next to no sleep most of the week as hubby has been working all hours with the bloomin' delays to so many inbound flights because of the weather and French air traffic controllers. I can't do the going to bed at 10, getting up at midnight then back to bed at 3 to get up at 5 thing - in fact, I have been totally disorientated by it....last night his alarm went off at midnight and I totally freaked out. He's just getting up again now to work through the night before going to be after I get up in the morning.

Would love to be a fly on the wall, when you both go to bed at the same time!.

Bet he wished for A/C yesterday with jobs going to Bristol, Southampton, Birmingham and Liverpool all coming out within half an hour of each other from the airport.

The cost of housing. Work for the NHS on relatively low wages and literally can't afford to rent a flat.

Yet the same people I'm helping get everything for free and lead a better life. Not enough being done to help those who work hard in the public sector.

Back