• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

Raymond Briggs' Ethel & Ernest is going to be shown on the Beeb at Christmas. :thumbsup: :happy:

It's Halloween central on our street - a ton of kids dressed up, even some houses done up. So refreshing after the last street were no one bothered. Love it. :smile:

It's Halloween central on our street - a ton of kids dressed up, even some houses done up. So refreshing after the last street were no one bothered. Love it. :smile:

I'm in the no-one bothered camp! 2nd most over-rated night of the year, after New Year's Eve!

I'm in the no-one bothered camp! 2nd most over-rated night of the year, after New Year's Eve!

Love it. Kids were polite, no teenagers in shell suits, and MK Jnr loved every second - and even donated the sweets she got when we ran out. Better than Christmas :smile:

Almost the entire village we live in was out on the street last night. I took my kids out and my wife stayed at home to dish out the chocolates. It was fantastic. The atmosphere was amazing.

There were two minor issues for me though.

Firstly, as I got home from work and opened the front door a load of kids came up our steps (we have about 10-12 steps up to our front door) and shouted "Happy Halloween". I told them that unless they actually said "Trick or Treat" I'm not giving them anything. Come on, who says "happy halloween"? What a load of crap.

Secondly, as I was walking around with my kids, and some of their friends I overheard a conversation between a girl and her mother. The girl said something along the lines that they should have parked further up the road because that is where the best houses were. Given the entire area was giving out chocolates, and there was no need to be using a car, it did make me wonder just where they had come from. They certainly weren't local, they were just abusing other peoples' generosity.

Last edited:
Almost the entire village we live in was out on the street last night.

Is this you?

tbpntahijjc0remyscsa.jpg

Spanish (or Catalan) twist.

Last year a couple of days before halloween, a couple of parents asked me to store a big bag of sweets in our hallway for their kids halloween party,which I did quite willingly.Must have been at least 20 or so kids turn up on the night.

We were away until yesterday afternoon so no repeat this year.They clearly do things differently in Catalonia.

Spanish (or Catalan) twist.

Last year a couple of days before halloween, a couple of parents asked me to store a big bag of sweets in our hallway for their kids halloween party,which I did quite willingly.Must have been at least 20 or so kids turn up on the night.

We were away until yesterday afternoon so no repeat this year.They clearly do things differently in Catalonia.

Be careful.

I got my fingers burned when a neighbour asked me to fly suitcase back from Medellin.

Chicago Cubs taking the World Series to Game 7, winning 9-3 in Cleveland! :happy:

I'm not normally one to *ahem* stream stuff I shouldn't, but if anyone knows where I can see game 7 tonight, let me know...

Drastic™;1912630 said:
Chicago Cubs taking the World Series to Game 7, winning 9-3 in Cleveland! :happy:

I'm not normally one to *ahem* stream stuff I shouldn't, but if anyone knows where I can see game 7 tonight, let me know...

Kodi will probably have it somewhere.

Just gonna leave this here. The 108 year wait is over, and what a game.

[video=youtube;yhVeCLU_Sdo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhVeCLU_Sdo[/video]

Spa day with my wife. The boys are going back to friends after school and we don't have to pick them up until 6.00pm tonight.

A quick run in the gym, and then nothing but sauna, steam room and jacuzzi for the rest of the day.

Spa day with my wife. The boys are going back to friends after school and we don't have to pick them up until 6.00pm tonight.

A quick run in the gym, and then nothing but sauna, steam room and jacuzzi for the rest of the day.

I bought a couple of cans from the Spar last night.

just got day ticket for Aerosmith at Download in June, brownie points as mrs e is a big fan, plus just booked bnb 1o minute walk from the gig - sorted:smile::smile::smile:

Back