• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

Car insurance. Got a renewal quote from esure of £296.37 and decided to use moneysupermarket.com to see if I could get it any cheaper. One quote was from esure (!) for £196.24. I then added the protected NCD which put it up to about £213.00.

I then rang esure to discuss and it turned out that using moneysupermarket.com I had input the details wrong and not included a non-fault claim of my wife's from a couple of years ago, and had underestimated the annual mileage. Once these were corrected the on-line quote came to about £274.00, but the girl then said she would try and price match to the original on-line quote, which she did, even though it was wrong.

She brought the renewal down to £212.00!

Heaven knows how or why, but I don't really care!

Car insurance. Got a renewal quote from esure of £296.37 and decided to use moneysupermarket.com to see if I could get it any cheaper. One quote was from esure (!) for £196.24. I then added the protected NCD which put it up to about £213.00.

I then rang esure to discuss and it turned out that using moneysupermarket.com I had input the details wrong and not included a non-fault claim of my wife's from a couple of years ago, and had underestimated the annual mileage. Once these were corrected the on-line quote came to about £274.00, but the girl then said she would try and price match to the original on-line quote, which she did, even though it was wrong.

She brought the renewal down to £212.00!

Heaven knows how or why, but I don't really care!

You may find out if you are ever unlucky enough to have to claim and discover only the wheels are insured :'(

You may find out if you are ever unlucky enough to have to claim and discover only the wheels are insured :'(

I hope not! The on-line quote and the one I received through the post have all the same extras etc. so if that is the case, then it would have been anyway!

Being invited to give a presentation at a major Railway conference including delegates from all over the world. :stunned:

I think I'm happy anyway.....:stunned:

My son was given a gold certificate in front of the whole school yesterday for winning the "javelin" competition at the school sports day last week.

My other son was also invited to join the Excel football academy for next season. Apparently even though he's very small he tackles very well and doesn't let anyone get past him. (We've said no - he's only 4.)

My other son was also invited to join the Excel football academy for next season. Apparently even though he's very small he tackles very well and doesn't let anyone get past him. (We've said no - he's only 4.)

Should have gone for it. He could have become the new David Luis..........on second thoughts....

BgkzsTeCMAE5iIO.jpg

Blood test that was virtually painless and a nurse telling me that my blood pressure is excellent. :thumbsup:

An excellent bacon roll for breakfast and working at a racecourse today rather than in an office. Huzzah!

I go on holiday on Friday. Work isn't bad, but I'm desperate for a break.

Can't wait.

Back