• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

Had an early morning pick up, from Eastwood to Southend airport with a couple of pick ups on the way. Thought I would stay out for a few hours as there wasn't a lot of taxis out. Managed £100 by 9am.

Kate Bush tickets arrived this morning, and my words they're a work of art themselves.

She'll either be convalescing in a nursing home by then or doing a lap of honour while duetting with Miley Cyrus.

My wife.

We bought a new bed for our eldest's birthday (22nd August) and had it delivered. (It's one of these high up jobs with a desk etc underneath so that it doesn't take up too much room.

Unfortunately the company delivered the wrong one. 2 weeks on they still haven't got round to collecting it or delivering the correct one.

My wife rang them and they were very apologetic explaining that their deliveries are outsourced and they are very embarrassed, but that they would ensure that the one that has been delivered in error would at least be picked up as they can control that, but they can't be sure when the correct bed will be delivered. They then asked my wife if she wanted to cancel the order. She declined because the bed was chosen by our son, and it is the one he wanted.

She then got on the internet and found an almost identical one about £150 cheaper, so she ordered it to be delivered this Saturday when we'll be at football. She then rang the original company back to cancel the order.

The upshot is £150 saved, and it will be built in time for his birthday. Result. Well done my wife!

On a course at work and one of the guys is a massive Luton Town fan so we are having a good old football chat.

On a course at work and one of the guys is a massive Luton Town fan so we are having a good old football chat.

A good mate of mine is Luton fan, and he's delighted as he believes he'll finally shed his Blue Square Baker nickname. He's wrong.

We've had a bet this this year, a fiver on each result, and a tenner on finishing positions. The money is only really a side bet though, as the loser has to wear the other team's strip to the pub for an evening to hand the dough over.

I've never been so nervous about a bet before in my life har! I'm ordering myself a Wes shaped rock to hide under in case it all goes wrong. However should we win, I'm digging out the Cherry Voltage number for him.

Bopping along to The Staunton Lick at my desk whilst surfing on ShrimperZone doing some work. :smile:

Bopping along to The Staunton Lick at my desk whilst surfing on ShrimperZone doing some work. :smile:

That song always reminds me of the end of Spaced. Just brilliant.

£2.20 for a coffee and bacon roll at Double J's café on the Euston Road.

Back