• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

Going to Crufts tomorrow, always enjoy the show and its a good for people to meet our dogs and learn more about what we do.

Going to Crufts tomorrow, always enjoy the show and its a good for people to meet our dogs and learn more about what we do.
I have known a few dogs in my life and knew what they wanted to do .

Why don't police and military dogs do half time shows anymore?

I would rather watch an Alsatian jump through a hoop of fire and maul a bloke in a padded suit than a bunch of spray tanned teenage girls dancing.

Why don't police and military dogs do half time shows anymore?

I would rather watch an Alsatian jump through a hoop of fire and maul a bloke in a padded suit than a bunch of spray tanned teenage girls dancing.

This year at Crufts is the first time in a long time we have an actual dog demo team. With Afghan finished there is a lot of people about so they have started doing demos again. One of our guys will be doing a display this weekend where his dog is released and jumps over a car to bite one criminal then the second is in the passenger seat runs and she jumps through the car and nails the second crim. Amazing stuff, but no idea I suppose the cheer leaders are more appropriate to sports.

This year at Crufts is the first time in a long time we have an actual dog demo team. With Afghan finished there is a lot of people about so they have started doing demos again. One of our guys will be doing a display this weekend where his dog is released and jumps over a car to bite one criminal then the second is in the passenger seat runs and she jumps through the car and nails the second crim. Amazing stuff, but no idea I suppose the cheer leaders are more appropriate to sports.

Any hoops of fire?

About as exciting as AIDS if you ask me

I know I'm going to be in a minority, but I really don't approve of punishing criminals in this way.

Lock them up by all means or even make them watch dog display teams, but letting the dogs take bites out of them is barely a step above the way the Romans treated the Christians.

No wonder there are demonstrations about this sort of thing.

I know I'm going to be in a minority, but I really don't approve of punishing criminals in this way.

Lock them up by all means or even make them watch dog display teams, but letting the dogs take bites out of them is barely a step above the way the Romans treated the Christians.

No wonder there are demonstrations about this sort of thing.

It is very rare that a live bite happens in this country. You have to have a real reason to release your dog. Like when firing a weapon we have a set of rules as our dogs are also classed as weapons. The dogs we use are trained mainly to bite the arm to cause the minimal amount of harm to the person. But enough to stop them in their tracks. You wouldn't release a dog for something small it has to be pretty serious like being shot at or seeing someone planting an IED.

The dogs used in afghan are completely different and some of them have been used to kill. The first ever bite I took off a dog in training was an ex special forces dog who had 3 confirmed kills. The last one was of it dragging out an afghan terrorist by his head. I'm not 100% on the truth of the stories but I know SF dogs are pretty nasty!

Back