• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

Shocker on GBBO last night when one of the favourites went!

Sheridan Smith in Cilla was an ok watch, even if I wanted to stick knitting needles in my ears thanks to the barrage of Scouse accents. Alright la? :stunned:
I thought it was good, and to be fair, you're hardly going to have a background to Cilla's life without a proliferation of Scouse accents, are you?! Sheridan Smith was excellent.

Shocker on GBBO last night when one of the went.

Yes, the programme will be poorer without Kate, she was bottom this week for her baking however I believe she is the person on there that would have made the best dining host, seems a really nice lady and I will watch "extra slice" on Friday for sure.

They weren't one of the favourites. Poor for a couple of weeks now and was the weakest but everyone else is very even.

Going to make some Kouign amann for my daughter's birthday along with a blue swedish princess cake.

One of them's an utter charisma vacuum, but neither of them inspire enough emotion in me to be bothered enough to check which one's which.

Perfect foil for that Bake Off *****, mind. I bet the Mumsnet crowd love them to bits. I'm only surprised Paul Hollywood hasn't been launched off the show for getting caught giving himself a mirror **** on-set yet.

I may be wrong as usual but I think mrs mk would stand more chance of licking the cream off her eclair.

Sue is the lady lover. Mel is straight as a die - I've always rated them from the days of Light Lunch. And I get you big boys don't like watching people make cakes, good for you. I do, and I'd rather watch it than most sport, and for that I don't apologise for.

Last edited:
Our friends in the north

I missed this the first time around but it's amazing TV.

I like to imagine Ron Martin is like Malcolm McDowell's character......

They weren't one of the favourites. Poor for a couple of weeks now and was the weakest but everyone else is very even.

Going to make some Kouign amann for my daughter's birthday along with a blue swedish princess cake.

As MK asked for photos, though I'd put them here.

I put blue food colouring in but the marzipan I made was yellow so ended up with green, how the cake was actually meant to be and Kouign amann taste amazing.

As MK asked for photos, though I'd put them here.

I put blue food colouring in but the marzipan I made was yellow so ended up with green, how the cake was actually meant to be and Kouign amann taste amazing.

Edit: Impressive stuff mate, the Princess cake looks better than some of those on the show. :clap:

Last edited:
Sheridan Smith in Cilla was an ok watch, even if I wanted to stick knitting needles in my ears thanks to the barrage of Scouse accents. Alright la? :stunned:

Really enjoyed part 2. Blown away by Sheridan Smith's version of "Anyone who had a heart" - better than the original.

The Driver - Pretty solid thriller with The Governor being a Manc cab driver turned criminal. Good stuff, if not for the occasional out of place comedy moments.

Back