• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Like many on here i wear my colours whereever i go and always wear my shirt on the plane, as does my son now. Never bored with spreading the word and probably gets far more interest than if i was wearing a Man U or Arsenal shirt.

Went to Jamaica on honeymoon and got on very well with bar staff who had various items pinned up arounf the bar in particular UK football stuff. At the end of the holiday i gave them my cap and that was pinned up in the bar and to this day still is 15 years later, we remained in contact with one of the barmen.

Also skiing in Italy i was wearing a SUFC woolly hat and some guy came up and asked whether i went to games or not, i said yes, he said west stand, i said yes, he said row o block T, i said yes, seat 42 he said, i said yes, he said i sit two rows in front of you, really bizarre experience.

UTB

I tend to wear colours on holiday home or abroad, last time was toremolinos got out of train and was greeted with " good team southend" by woman and her other half. Only realised when saw a clip of malaga playing away somewhere they wear pink as well. They look and play just like us

Espanyol's away kit is also a fetching salmon pink.:thumbsup:

Worked in Italy for four months last summer and wore the Blue of Southend everywhere I went. Even taught one my classes a few Southend United chants!

Best place has to be The Philly pub (aka The Phiharmonic) in Barcelona wearing my LVD "rugby " shirt,the only Shrimper in a room full of Mancs.the night Freddy scored that goal.No such thing as a worst place and I often wear it in SC and Beziers and on trips back.

Southend shorts while floating in the Dead Sea , Israel...same shorts in the Bellagio Hotel, Las Vegas and this summer these now rather threadabare yellow shorts are going diving in Egypt .

Never a bad place to wear them , in fact when abroad i seem to go into Shrimpers ovredrive with beach towels, sun hats , SUFC branded footballs and yet never ever wear colours in the UK .

aged about 11 I wore my shirt on top of a ski slope that happened to have a snowman the size of a house next to me, got in the programme and everything

and i took the picture, you held a scarf above your head as well. It was minus 20 degrees and Mrs W screamed at me for risking your fingers to frost bite. :)

was a great photo though !

Driving a 30 foot motorhome from Vancouver to Calgary with a "Follow me to Roots Hall" sticker in back window

Best places, Mancester City Centre not long after the Carling Cup match and Barcelona.

Nothing better than showing your pride in the City of the Football Club that plays the best in the world...

never really where colours at home, mostly when on hols.

Best place probably at the Pyramids, worst place when i was wearing the old Hi-tec 92 shirt in a mall in Florida and some sales chappie in a shoe shop asked if i would like some Hi-tec trainers to go with my shirt. I politely declined.....

I got my first shirt by meeting someone from Southend who lived near the hall, while we were holidaying in Egypt. They were so amazed that I supported the Blues, in 2003 they sent me a shirt to Malawi where I was living. I have worn this shirt in Malawi, Zambia, Mozambique, Botswana, South Africa, America (New york, New Orleans and Washington) Australia (Perth, Sydney, Tasmania, Adelaide and Melbourne) and Thailand. My second shirt was bought for me in 2010 by some friends in Perth who had family again living near the ground. This shirt has been worn in Nepal, Australia (Perth, Melbourne and Tasmania) and will come with me in July, August to a trip to the US and Canada, hopefully with a couple of new shirts that I will by soon!:happy:UTB

Weird how I rarely where a football shirt to any games but do whilst on holiday. I've worn a blues shirt whilst abroad in Spain (nou camp), Florida, Malta, Mexico and in Amsterdam. I can't think of where else I might have worn it.

I live in Tampa and my car sports a "Southend United on Tour" sticker on the rear screen - I haven't been hooted by anyone yet. My work colleagues like my SUFC blue bear and mouse mat that are on my desk, and my boss is also a Shrimper and keeps a seaon ticket going even though he only makes about 6 games a season - well, he does have a lot more money than me!

As an old geyser I wore mine in Yellowstone National Park,and then in Salt Lake City

Once wore my top on the way back from Australia in the hope that I would get back in time for a home match. Walked into the toilets in Singapore Airport where someone said 'Up the Blues. Who we playing today??!!'

I wear my shirt every winter when i go skiing. I have proudly worn the colours in many mountain bars all over europe, and once in Tahoe USA. Also meet a few T block Shrimpers when i was in an ice bar in Kaprun Austria.

Back