• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Must say it is becoming more depressing each day for me to be a S.U.F.C supporter, when we equalised a couple of knobs in the north terrace decided it would be a good idea to jump over the barrier and onto the side of the pitch.I mentioned it shouldn't be done and was turned on by a fellow who had two young children with him, told me I was a silly old sod, they were just having fun.I do not know what kind if example he is setting to his children if he thinks this behaviour is acceptable.
On the way home on the SHrimperstrust no 2 coach had one lout behind me and every single word that come out of his mouth was F and C.
I will not be hurrying to anymore away games owing to ill health but more importantly I am getting sick and tired of the behaviour of some of our fans.

Message Wino as he would not be impressed.

It is starting to get very annoying. 99% of shrimpers are decent people and proper supporters, but that 1% are starting to tarnish our beloved football clubs reputation. I honestly believe we got very lucky that there wasn't more violence at home to Wycombe, because there seemed to be a lot more than 1% of our supporters that were looking for trouble.

So remember this thread and don't be too quick to berate supporters of other teams when they face the same issues. It's always the minority that cause an issue for the rest of us.

No disagreements from me. This is exactly what I am referring to - the kids have no respect for anything or anyone because they have been brought up by wrong'uns. It is as simple as that.

I can't be the only one to think it's quite naive to assume because some of the younger lads 'misbehave' at away games their parents are wronguns or arseholes? When i was 16 or so I to probably ****ed off fellow supporters but at that age you're just having a laugh with your mates you don't think of the consequences.. so are my parents wronguns and/or arseholes? Because I'm pretty sure I have had a good upbringing

I can't be the only one to think it's quite naive to assume because some of the younger lads 'misbehave' at away games their parents are wronguns or arseholes? When i was 16 or so I to probably ****ed off fellow supporters but at that age you're just having a laugh with your mates you don't think of the consequences.. so are my parents wronguns and/or arseholes? Because I'm pretty sure I have had a good upbringing
There is having a laugh and having a laugh.I was never disrespectful to anyone as youngster it was unheard of, we knew the consequences.Both my daughters have been brought up in the same manner, when I told my grandson he was horrified that someone could treat an elderly person in this manner and if he wAs there he would never have allowed it to happen.

There is having a laugh and having a laugh.I was never disrespectful to anyone as youngster it was unheard of, we knew the consequences.Both my daughters have been brought up in the same manner, when I told my grandson he was horrified that someone could treat an elderly person in this manner and if he wAs there he would never have allowed it to happen.

Fair point mate

As a season ticket holder with my 13 year old son there will come a time in a few years when he'll want to dump his old dad and go to Southend games with his mates. As a responsible parent I can only pray that he never acts like a few of the youngsters yesterday! I try to teach him the rights and wrongs of football behaviour. We always applaud the away supporters at Roots Hall when they give out the away attendance and we stayed behind after the game yesterday to applaud the Morecambe players after they had finished their speeches on the pitch. Not a lot I know but I can only hope this serves him well in the future!

The worrying thing is if these young people mis-behave and get a reputation then supporters of other clubs might feel the need to put them straight.

Not a good thought.

The worrying thing is if these young people mis-behave and get a reputation then supporters of other clubs might feel the need to put them straight.

Not a good thought.
That is probably why the wannabe kids from Southend wound up with bloodied noses after the Luton game.I watched the little toe rags from Southend giving it the big I am, in my view they got what they deserved.

Embarassing today

Kicking the barriers off, fighting with each other., invading the pitch. What makes it worse they knocked little kids over when trying to fight each other.

I have never been embarrassed of some of our fans until today. Fair play to the proper fans telling the stupid ***** to get off and **** off!

sorry was not there to see, we don't want to get a bad rep, this only leads to more probs etc, some idiots can give a club a bad name

As a season ticket holder with my 13 year old son there will come a time in a few years when he'll want to dump his old dad and go to Southend games with his mates. As a responsible parent I can only pray that he never acts like a few of the youngsters yesterday! I try to teach him the rights and wrongs of football behaviour. We always applaud the away supporters at Roots Hall when they give out the away attendance and we stayed behind after the game yesterday to applaud the Morecambe players after they had finished their speeches on the pitch. Not a lot I know but I can only hope this serves him well in the future!

As a side issue - I hope your son doesn't dump you. My old man took me as an 8 year old in 1986 and we still sit together now . I've made friends at football, good mates, but I will never sit in a football ground away from my Dad if we are both at the same game !

Of course the parents are to blame. Parents especially have a vested interest in the society they create, or should I say allow to be created, because their kids will exist in it. This is an awful society in the UK at present and therefore we end up with little ***ts like these. You can produce any kind of kid you want, just need to create the right conditions in famlly and society.

Message Wino as he would not be impressed.

As he said Trust coach 2, jersey shrimper, message me and if you can, let me know where you were sitting so we can try and identify the person.

This is the trouble with travel like we had on Saturday, you get a lot of non regulars who don't "get" the idea of how to behave. Despite having made it quite clear we would allow reasonable time for celebrating, if necessary, we had two who didn't get back to the coach till 5.30....no apologies.

We also had a group of about 9 of what you would probably suspect might be the young lads heavily criticised on here. Not the case for us, they were as good as gold, very respectful. Our only problem was the mess of crushed biscuits and stuff they left behind at the back of the coach! Don't judge them all by a few poorly behaved ones.

Back