• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I was ****d off when we had to move from the North, but soon

I doubt there are many , particularly in W Block , who were inconvenienced by the decision made by Vic in 1992...

corr blimey. I remember that day well even wrote a letter to vic and the evening echo demanding how dare they.
since then i have sat in every part of the ground but have now settled down towards the back of block W. Not because i want to be part of TBV, as i am definitely not, but because i like stand, while i still can and sing. That is my nature.
It seems that W block has 2 age groups, youngerns and older types. The youngsters down the front the olders towards the back. Myself being 45+.
Snr.

I know many clubs ususually have their singing towards the back centre of the stand. Where as TBV is to one side of the west stand would it be better to have them in the centre at the back of the west stand or does this obscure views for others? Probably not a smart suggestion but a suggestion :smiles:

Jnr

Probably the best place for it to create the most atmosphere, but I don't think you'll get the seasos in the middle to give up their tickets very easily

Had a good meeting with Steve Kavanagh and Dave Jobson, we spoke about the club selling match tickets and season tickets in W block, personally at first before the meeting I was sceptical of this however after listening to the clubs side it is understandable that they require people to be in their seats but more importantly they need to know names of people who are in W block in case of incident I have come to the agreement with the club that Block X will be used as an offical overspill for W block. As many of you can see and this was also acknowledged by the club that W block is starting to out grow itself which I think is a fantastic achievement from where it started.

After last season the club are under much scrutiny especially over the smoke bombs I am pleased to report that the club have been let off (excuse the pun) by the football league but we are understanding that ANY further infringement will result in a hefty fine so please heed the warning we have been very lucky with the league here and that's thanks as well to Steve Kavanagh pleading the clubs case. Due to all of this there will be sporadic searching next season for obvious reasons and I do not think it's unreasonable to expect this after the antics of last season, so I would urge all concerned to comply with this as its for your safety and to safeguard against the club getting stupid fines.

If you want to be part of W block then season tickets will be avalible too and you will be able to swap your ticket with the club in due course.

I would like to add that the club has been very accommodating for a long time now but the respect works both ways, we are in league one now the boys on the pitch have done the job last season and we played a big part let's not do anything to spoil it and do what we can to raise the roof next season.

The club will be releasing a statement in due course with the processes and the future of how W block will be managed.

Any questions just ask

So will we have to go to ticket office, rather than Shakespeare Drive? And will we have to stand in allocated seat? Sorry if sound dumb, just want to clarify.

If people can buy tickets for W Block on the day , how will the club know the names of those people ?

If people can buy tickets for W Block on the day , how will the club know the names of those people ?

They wont will they, also people without W block tickets will just move to W block like before. There is no way the stewards can check 300+ people are actually sitting/standing in their correct seat. For most games I cant see it being a problem but for the 'big' games then that's where problems can occur

They wont will they, also people without W block tickets will just move to W block like before. There is no way the stewards can check 300+ people are actually sitting/standing in their correct seat. For most games I cant see it being a problem but for the 'big' games then that's where problems can occur

Yep this was sort of what I was getting at.

Yep this was sort of what I was getting at.

Yes , there will be flaws in this , but think it's a positive move by the club to actually sell Block W tickets.
There was confusion last season at times , so hopefully this will help.

The key difference is the club has weeks/ months to ensure that everyone understands . they can also have extra stewards checking tickets for a couple of months. Poster on the shakesphere ticket office, bit in the programme. There are lots of ways for them to let us know.

Why do the club need to know the names of everyone in W Block yet not the other parts of the ground? What if this "incident" occurs somewhere else in the ground.?

Why do the club need to know the names of everyone in W Block yet not the other parts of the ground? What if this "incident" occurs somewhere else in the ground.?

They know the names of all
Season ticket holders for a start also as my post above they should be asking when each ticket is sold

There will always be an amount that slip the net but the club have to be seen to the licensing to be acting, plus having unreserved seating means capacity in that area needs to be reduced by 10%

They never will Dave, same as they don't in other parts of the ground. However, they will know where season card holders and people who buy online are.

In reply to Up the Shrimpers, W block is the easiest block in the West stand to check tickets for, just needs a steward or two there to help monitor and people will soon get the message.

Unless blocks W & X are fenced off with a gate to enter there's nothing stopping anyone in the West Stand moving over. I can't see how selling tickets specifically for those blocks will identify everyone or even most. Nice idea but seems impractical to control who sits/stands there.

Unless blocks W & X are fenced off with a gate to enter there's nothing stopping anyone in the West Stand moving over. I can't see how selling tickets specifically for those blocks will identify everyone or even most. Nice idea but seems impractical to control who sits/stands there.

Increased security I imagine.

Back