• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Gary Deegan signs 2 year deal

No you're not. I see few similarities between the two players.

Deegan will also pick up more cards against better players in League One, and bearing in mind he picked up 10 yellows and 1 red in just 26 appearances in League Two, this could be a problem.

Two years ? I hope he's cheap.

Similar ratio of yellows to Timlin. I don't think his discipline is much of an issue - he's mainly (not solely) in the team to be combative and win the ball, he's going to pick up more cards than other players.

Similar ratio of yellows to Timlin. I don't think his discipline is much of an issue - he's mainly (not solely) in the team to be combative and win the ball, he's going to pick up more cards than other players.
mentioned in the same breath as Timlin.... Yes to win the ball, then hoof it away with a poor over hit pass... Sounds just great..

mentioned in the same breath as Timlin.... Yes to win the ball, then hoof it away with a poor over hit pass... Sounds just great..

[video=youtube;yXwIx0PmQPE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXwIx0PmQPEt0s30[/video]

0:30

Im glad he's signed, I think he has a lot to offer and I think he will improve. I'll be bringing the salt and pepper during the next year so I can season your words for a few of you and you can tuck right in :smile:

Not that similar. Nine cards in 36 games for Timlin (25%), eleven in 26 (of which at least 10 were not full games) 42% for Deegan.

It's all about opinions which is fair enough, A poster mentioned about other midfielders doing no wrong and i can only echo those sentiments. Last season in my opinion Lenny had for the most part, a shocker by his standards (out of form and touch) but not once did i hear fans giving him stick. Deegs and sometimes Timlin get howled at every time a pass doesn't go to feet,or tackle goes wrong. Cokes gets caught on the ball and everyone says unlucky, If Weston loses it he is rubbish....
Basically what i'm blabbering on about is, Every single one of those players is contracted too play for OUR club, they aren't technically the best, wont always score 25 a season, will pick up cards for miss timed tackles etc. But I think some on here are being overly harsh on Deegan, he is a good quality lower league footballer who has signed up for another 2 years with my club, lets get behind THE BEARD

[video=youtube;yXwIx0PmQPE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXwIx0PmQPEt0s30[/video]

0:30
Yes that's the one pass...... We have all pulled a 30 yard supper volley off.....do it consistently... He has the touch of a ********

Yes that's the one pass...... We have all pulled a 30 yard supper volley off.....do it consistently... He has the touch of a ********

Is that a similar programme to the Great British Bake Off?

Good player and will get plenty of playing time. He will be better this season in a better league.

Just out of interest, what are you basing this on? For me the type of player you expect to do well in a better league is the kind that can play good football, somone who will benefit from the less physical nature of league one in comparison to league two. If someone were to say this about Jack Payne then I'd say it is feasible, but I can't see this league suiting Deegan better than league 2.

Just out of interest, what are you basing this on? For me the type of player you expect to do well in a better league is the kind that can play good football, somone who will benefit from the less physical nature of league one in comparison to league two. If someone were to say this about Jack Payne then I'd say it is feasible, but I can't see this league suiting Deegan better than league 2.

He is Gary Deegan and we split our £5.

I agree with what you say, but isn't it a bit of a myth about L1 being less physical than L2? From what I've seen, it's just a physical, but with more quality which means mistakes get punished.

I guess it's hard to really measure 'physical', but there are plenty of big, strong and tough L1 players.

Using the data from last season:

L1L2
Fouls11,80711,776
Yellow Cards1,6451,542
Red Cards94102

let's get physical, physical.

I think it generally gets more physical the lower down the leagues you go.

Back