• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Club statement - lee sawyer

What I dont understand is why we dont have the likes of say Calver or Whittaker on the bench. I appreciate its not an ideal time to be blooded but what is the point of travelling with 14 players two of which are keepers.

Apparently there is an administration fee to be paid by the club to the football league when you register a player so that counts out that idea!

Apparently there is an administration fee to be paid by the club to the football league when you register a player so that counts out that idea!

Can we not have a Shrimperzone whip round? Its got to be better than travelling that far with a keeper, a left back and a winger as your only options.

Things have gone beyond embarassment now!

Tilly apparently heard on radio stating no money for loans

Rumours heard on radio that we are heading for administration

A squad of 14 players

This club really really really is in a disgusting situation!

A squad of 14 players

Add to that the most talented player in our squad behaving like a child and the League's top goalscorer in "no rush to decide his future" and we're well and truly in the sh......

:'(

A squad of 14 players

Spot on....

The club are broke...no money for loans or for the tax bill.

Sawyer has been sulking for weeks that he is not in the starting eleven. It's only because we pay no contribution to his salary that he hasn't been sent back to Chelsea.

This will be an interesting week...

and its funny how RON MARTIN has gone all quite now, if it wasnt for tilly doing the miracle he is on our squad we would be gone without doubt!!!

Last edited:
Can you really blame him though?

If i was in the same situation as Lee, as would the majority of posters bearing in mind football is his way of making a living, i would seriously be looking at any offer that came my way considering the dire situation our club is in!

Perhaps he didn't want to travel 700 miles to sit on the bench and watch inferior players to himself playing. Is his discipline poor because he's not playing or his he not playing because his discipline is poor?

A week is a long time in football

We win on Saturday- Grant makes centre back 'his' (or Christophe- I don't care)
Sawyer makes a public apology and says he wants to sign in Jan
The tax bill is paid next week

from then we go on a run and Barney signs a new contract.

Hey it MIGHT happen in the same way that we MIGHT be in an even worse position next week

glass still half full- but only just

A week is a long time in football

We win on Saturday- Grant makes centre back 'his' (or Christophe- I don't care)
Sawyer makes a public apology and says he wants to sign in Jan
The tax bill is paid next week

from then we go on a run and Barney signs a new contract.

Hey it MIGHT happen in the same way that we MIGHT be in an even worse position next week

glass still half full- but only just

People keep stating this miraculous turn around that COULD occur but its consistently and regularly getting worse and worse

Is his discipline poor because he's not playing or his he not playing because his discipline is poor?

Plenty of footballers have to sit it out on the bench every week up and down the country, it's part of being a pro and no excuse.

And there's a surprise. Some bad news, and Shrimperzone gets a whole lot busier...

Yeah this isn't ideal news folks, BUT some context:

1. Sawyer may not have been in the starting 11 anyhow.
2. I'd rather we found out about this kind of thing whilst he's a kid on loan rather than a £200K player contracted on our books for 3 years.
3. Barney is with us until at least the Summer. If he bangs in many more goals, he SHOULD leave us in January for a bit of cash and at the upper end of the table all being well. Either way, seeing as most people hated him 6 months back we're getting good use out of the guy for the time being.

I agree, things are not rosy - IT WOULD SEEM - but I don't think we're the only club in the midst of the worst recession since the 1950's struggling a little bit. If we lose a few players and have to rely on loanees to stay afloat and still be around in 3 years time, then bring it on. I'd rather be watching us up at Grimsby than never again.

I don't know what more the club can do regarding Barnard. He was highly favoured at Spurs and if he stays fit, then he's easily good enough for the CCC. We've offered him a new deal, so time will tell I guess...

Last edited:
Plenty of footballers have to sit it out on the bench every week up and down the country, it's part of being a pro and no excuse.

Yes I know, seven at at time at most clubs. I think he's better than that and, frankly. hasn't had a fair crack of the whip this season.

What a shame. You wouldn't have noticed that anything was wrong based on the quality of his substitute appearances. But there you go, there's our answer as to why he isn't starting ahead of Macca when he's clearly a better option. Nothing to do with the standard of his play.

What a difference 11 months makes though. This time last year, you couldn't leave him out of the team. He was training and playing too well. I don't know what has happened to his attitude since then, but it clearly stinks.

It just seems to be bad news story after bad news story at the moment. In terms of squad size and the fact that we can't afford to even get a loanee in, it seems like we are well and truly up **** creek without a paddle.

Back