• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brown makes gaffe

If anyone votes for this guy they should be shot. Total contempt for the british public, just like the rest of Labour have shown in 13 years of government. Heard him on Jeremy Vine earlier, didnt answer any questions put to him with any kind of truth or authority, blamed the recession on the rest of the world, didnt accept responsibility for any of his parties failings. Complete and utter c-unit. If the Tories cant win on the back of all this, then they really are hopeless.

Total contempt for the Fan, just like the rest of the board have shown in 10 years in charge. Heard him on Blues World earlier, didnt answer any questions put to him with any kind of truth or authority, blamed last season on the rest of the world, didnt accept responsibility for any of his failings. Complete and utter c-unit.

Edited for accuarcy.

He shouldn't have apologised. Just seen it on the news, and he should have stood by his line that she is a bigot, He should have returned to her house with a stack of Mind Your Language DVDs.

Did you get the potted version of the whole discussion between them?

In fairness as mentioned previously it was a very small part of the whole conversation, but one that is so easily to attach stereotypes to.

Why did he not call her an ageist for asking questions about the pensions and pensioners being taxed or unable to claim for benefit that Gordo was confident that she should be entitled to? Because there is no easier thing in this country then to call someone a bigot or a racist.

He should only apologise for caught out with a microphone like that. Schoolboy error. I'd have more respect for him if he stood his ground on what he said to her.

He was absolutely right to point out the hypocrisy of people whingeing about immigration when a million British people have left these shores to become economic migrants.

Whilst it's doubtful he'll get my vote, out of the three leaders of the main parties it's Brown that appeals to me more simply because he doesn't play the media game as well as the other two.

Let him shout at his spin doctors for copying and pasting Bill Clinton speeches, let him have a pop at someone he disagrees with, whatever their age. I'd much rather one incident like this than a hundred pre-planned and scripted spin we had from Blair and now get from Cameron and Clegg.

I reckon Brown should stand his ground. She's banging on about the Easties nicking our jobs and she calls herself a lifelong Labour supporter? He should just tell her to **** off and vote for the BNP.

This is, perhaps, why I haven't forged a career in politics.

Au contraire,that comment would you right at home in the cabinet.

I only saw a tiny snippet but in it she was just asking about the numbers of eastern europeans coming over.

Did she say anything actually racist as I think a lot of people would agree the levels of Eastern Europeans coming here to settle is worrying.

I only saw a tiny snippet but in it she was just asking about the numbers of eastern europeans coming over.

Did she say anything actually racist as I think a lot of people would agree the levels of Eastern Europeans coming here to settle is worrying.

You coulndt really claim bigotry , ignorance maybe not bigotry

You coulndt really claim bigotry , ignorance maybe not bigotry

True enough. Brown isn't sorry he "insulted" Mrs Duffy, he's sorry that he's been caught out, as ever with Brown when something goes tits up it's the fault of someone else. In this case it looks to be the "fault" of his aide Sue Nye. Brown apparently wanted to get away from stage managed Labour events in which he was lauded by party stooges. He regularly plays his Son of Manse card, but he is utterly divorced from reality. I'm really not sure how this will impact on the Labour vote as it seems quite likely that Brown with his remarks may have driven many away.

He should only apologise for caught out with a microphone like that. Schoolboy error. I'd have more respect for him if he stood his ground on what he said to her.

He was absolutely right to point out the hypocrisy of people whingeing about immigration when a million British people have left these shores to become economic migrants.

Whilst it's doubtful he'll get my vote, out of the three leaders of the main parties it's Brown that appeals to me more simply because he doesn't play the media game as well as the other two.

Let him shout at his spin doctors for copying and pasting Bill Clinton speeches, let him have a pop at someone he disagrees with, whatever their age. I'd much rather one incident like this than a hundred pre-planned and scripted

Sorry, but I just don't know where these figures come from? This is a myth, no way has a million Brits moved abroad, maybe a few thousand to get away from the horrendeous state of country - the lucky few who can afford to!

Immigration is deemed a 'racist' or after yesterday's incident a 'bigoted' word by Labour who cannot stand up and admit they have made an utter, utter balls up of it!

Its only hypocrisy if its the people who left Britain are the ones complaining....

Last edited:
The issue here is they all do it and Smary Carmy and Clegg are no doubt even worse than GB, particularly Cameron who is known for getting a tad wound up over questioning. Brown's issue is he was caught.

[Sorry, but I just don't know where these figures come from? This is a myth, no way has a million Brits moved abroad, maybe a few thousand to get away from the horrendeous state of country - the lucky few who can afford to!

Immigration is deemed a 'racist' or after yesterday's incident a 'bigoted' word by Labour who cannot stand up and admit they have made an utter, utter balls up of it![/QUOTE]

You should speak to my brother in law who has left Perth Australia to move to Hobart, because he stated it was becoming more British than Aussie,and the Aussie's are getting peed off with them

Let him shout at his spin doctors for copying and pasting Bill Clinton speeches, let him have a pop at someone he disagrees with, whatever their age. I'd much rather one incident like this than a hundred pre-planned and scripted

Sorry, but I just don't know where these figures come from? This is a myth, no way has a million Brits moved abroad, maybe a few thousand to get away from the horrendeous state of country - the lucky few who can afford to!

Immigration is deemed a 'racist' or after yesterday's incident a 'bigoted' word by Labour who cannot stand up and admit they have made an utter, utter balls up of it!

Telegraph 2007 1.8 million have left since 1997. the estimate of leaving each year is about 250,000 . The hypocrisy is where do they go and are they using the other countries benefits, or stealing their local jobs (or just their own pensions ahum cough).

The real issue here is nt a national one its global , is there a peek level of human beings that can live and survive , never mind the nationalist ideal of keeping employment and each country or state being competitive as if it were some race (if it is where's the finish ?)

Its a joke . People in towns around our country are being over run with foreign workers and foreign benefit claimants. This is not a racist remark at all, its fact.

My uncle moved away from the east end in 1984 because all of his neighbours moved away and practically the whole street was either west indian or asian where as previously it was white british. It wasnt that he had a problem with colour its just that none of the new neighbours mixed or were interested in being friends with each other.

He moved his whole business and family to wisbech in cambs and loved it there .

In the last 5 or 6 years something like 60% of the local population has become migrant workers. Even the local tesco has something like half its aisle's dedicated to foreign food etc. Again the locals are up in arms , but feel they are being racist if they say anything.

My point is this :

What is a racist?

The truth is the government havent got a clue how many immigrants are in the country and most of the immigrants dont give 2 ***** about the country they just want to live in the own little communities and work or claim.

I hate that thought , but that certainly doesnt make me a racist.

What other country in the world would let you and your family stoll up claim asylum and let you claim benefit whilst being housed?

Im sure there are not that many.

If someone comes over pays there taxes and wants to include themselves in the langauge and culture then fair enough, but a huge majority dont and thats what gets my back up.

Back on topic, that is the final nail in browns coffin. This will be a landslide victory for conservative.

But those million economic migrants from these shores haven't all decended onto one single country, which sort of blows that hypocrisy clean out of the water.

But those million economic migrants from these shores haven't all decended onto one single country, which sort of blows that hypocrisy clean out of the water.

Not really a good majority went to Spain where they did nick jobs house etc . They also didnt all come here .

Tommy2Holes: We are a mongrol nation , in my nanes time back in the East End post WWI she lived in Black and White street (not there now ) , its called change . The isolation process you think would work was only ever executed by China in is walling off of the rest of the world, it didn't work as a culture or economically hence why they have now embraced the capitalised profit making and the slave labour mentality .

Karma and history are a bitch , when any country took another they supplement their resources at least in this economic invasion your not being enslaved and destroyed because you don't fit in the new regime's ideals.

Will this cuase a Con land slide of course not , lab followers dont and will never vote Tories out of protest , maybe Lib Dem or Green maybe ;)

Back