• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Confirmation of Coughlan and Evans!

Seems like every day we're getting good news!
Coughlan Reserve Team Coach aswell, probably vice captain aswell.
Still think Sturrock wants another 2 centre halfs, another right back, centre midfielders

Very please to see that Coughlan will be involved with coaching... I've been saying for some time that we've needed to freshen up the coaching attitudes because of how stale and rigid we had become. This isn't a slight on the coaching staff currently at the club, it happens everywhere.

Does a one year pre-contract agreement mean that when they sign a contract with the club it will only be for one year? or does the pre-contract mean something completely different. e.g. this one year pre-contract can be in place for that period of time? bit confused.

rhys evans looks like someone famous and i can't put my finger on who it is....

I think it is the hair and forehead from the photo on the site on the link provided in the first post! Who is it?

GOT IT!

Marcus Trescothick... Anyone...

5644.jpg

So just the 3 hours behind The Zone then....they are speeding up....well done JamesTheSuperBlue.

I'm really liking the mixture of youth and experience that Sturrock is getting. We have lots of experience in players like Easton, Gilbert and Coughlan and then some bright youngsters in Hall, Bilel (how old is he? can't find it anywhere), Herd, Paterson and Crawford. Coughlan will be a good addition to the coaching too. I think we need at least one more centre-back, maybe a Sankofa-type defender who can play at right-back or at centre-back and another midfielder if Moussa, Christophe and O-Keefe leave.

Excellent news - especially with Coughlan giving coaching role. He certainly looks to organise and talk on the pitch, so this is good news.

Dare I say Sturrock is shaping up to be the best thing to happen to this club since Freddy Eastwood? Just hope all the finance can be sorted asap before the wheels come off.

Excellent news - especially with Coughlan giving coaching role. He certainly looks to organise and talk on the pitch, so this is good news.

Dare I say Sturrock is shaping up to be the best thing to happen to this club since Freddy Eastwood? Just hope all the finance can be sorted asap before the wheels come off.

That may depend on the wages that these players are coming in on and also how they gel as a team but you can say what you like! No one seems to listen to each other on here any more :P Free for All!!!

Very pleased to have Coughlan, I really liked the look of him on Monday. He may get beaten for pace a few times but he's the type of player who'll crunch someone before they get the chance to skin him.

Come on, we haven't even played a game yet! The best thing to happen since Freddy was getting to the L1 play-offs in 08, that's a steep hill we've got to climb...

That may depend on the wages that these players are coming in on and also how they gel as a team but you can say what you like! No one seems to listen to each other on here any more :P Free for All!!!

Oh shut up! ;)

I hope to high heaven that lessons have been learned and all these guys are on sensible deals. With the wage cap in League 2 anyway, then there isnt much chance to be too artistic with the wages.

If we can guess that the following were on;

Barrett: £2500
Mildy: £2000 (though someone said £2750 which is madness)
Francis: £2000
Macca: £2000

Probably more though, thats £8,500 a week saved.

I'd imagine Clohessy, Bilel, Coughlan, Soares, Hall, Sturrock, Morris arent on much (total guess of between £500-£750 for the non-leaguers and £750-£1200 for the experienced players?) and Evans, Zabboub, Easton, Gilbert and Corr wont be on anything like £2000 a week (more like £1000-£1500 tops?), then you can see already where savings are being made.

In fact I'd hazard a guess and say all those players combined wont be on much more than the total of the 4 we released?

Last edited:
Come on, we haven't even played a game yet! The best thing to happen since Freddy was getting to the L1 play-offs in 08, that's a steep hill we've got to climb...

Depends how you look at it - as brilliant as that time was, it was effectively, the 'beginning of the end' so to speak.

In Sturrock, we have someone who has an eye for talent, both he and Tommy have and can work under these financial implications and it looks like they can put together a decent side on the cheap.

Could be a massive plus for our long term future. Get us off on a steady foot for a better future.

Top news the fact that we have a coach on an off the field in that sense is great, an the added fact we now have the two goalkeepers we craved is great, things are getting better an better (thats without getting carried away guys) i think sturrock an co are doing a remarkable job in such a short space of time im very impressed.
Ron is still an nob in my eyes

Very pleased to have Coughlan, I really liked the look of him on Monday. He may get beaten for pace a few times but he's the type of player who'll crunch someone before they get the chance to skin him.

Spinner used to get done for pace occasionally too. We've desperately needed a big, experianced centre-half since he and Sodje left.

Ironically he'd have probably been a decent partner for Barrett.

Seems like every day we're getting good news!
Coughlan Reserve Team Coach aswell, probably vice captain aswell.
Still think Sturrock wants another 2 centre halfs, another right back, centre midfielders

Reserve Team Coach???? do we have a reserve team???

Oh shut up! ;)

I hope to high heaven that lessons have been learned and all these guys are on sensible deals. With the wage cap in League 2 anyway, then there isnt much chance to be too artistic with the wages.

If we can guess that the following were on;

Barrett: £2500
Mildy: £2000 (though someone said £2750 which is madness)
Francis: £2000
Macca: £2000

Probably more though, thats £8,500 a week saved.

I'd imagine Clohessy, Bilel, Coughlan, Soares, Hall, Sturrock, Morris arent on much (total guess of between £500-£750 for the non-leaguers and £750-£1200 for the experienced players?) and Evans, Zabboub, Easton, Gilbert and Corr wont be on anything like £2000 a week (more like £1000-£1500 tops?), then you can see already where savings are being made.

In fact I'd hazard a guess and say all those players combined wont be on much more than the total of the 4 we released?

Are those figures based on anything? sorry, not being disrespectful just that I would thought Coughlan would need to be offered a healthy wedge to come here,and would probably be the highest earner. But obviously don't want to make myself look like a piece of cheese if you have some snidey inside info :-)

So I make that 17 players excluding Moussa, O'Keefe, Christophe and Laurent. If PS is going for 2 people per position then I reckon we need 2x CD, 2x CM and 1 more winger. Being greedy throw in a young prem striker on loan ;)

Evans is a decent signing. I'm staggered we've actually got 2 decent enough, experienced League keepers. And the thing is, their combined wages are probably still far less than what Mildy was on!

I wouldn't be too surprised to see another 2 centre halves sign, with Coughlan's age and coaching responsibilities and to get Mohsni up to speed in England.

Back