• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Remember a string of threads at the beginning of the season around sign him up quick Ron or it will be another good player going for nothing. This issue before was indeed signing players for a significant fee and on high wages who sat out those contracts as we went down the divisions, then going for no fee having cost a fortune.

This is in my view the opposite. We have got a player on a free who has turned out to be very promising so we have given an extended contract based on L2 wages and all the 'risk' is on the upside. Good business.

I would've expected these kind of talks to start happening around December, with the view to conclude extensions around January time, but I can fully understand wanting to get Moshni signed up if there are clubs sniffing around, if only to protect ourselves. I can't say I'll be impressed if he's increased his wages at all on the back of two or three assured performances, mind...

If Moshni's getting an extension now, then I fully expect Clohessy and Hall to be not far off the same.

Think its great news . From what i have seen so far mohsni is not just a good player in the making but a real gent and a bit of prankster.

Im happy that the club is giving the right contracts to the right players and not ones that dont deserve it or contracts which we are later unable to honour.

Think that he will be one hell of a player , but my only fear is that if he makes mistakes that the crowd will get on his back. He is a young amateur footballer playing in another country and on a steep learning curve. It will take time for him to be the diamond that people are portraying him as.

I understand Beefys apprehension as we should be wary of tying ourselves into long contracts with players, however I do agree with the overall opinion that this is a decent move. Its only an extra year and I doubt we have offered him much more per week.

Moshni has potential, Ive always said he could be a liability at times, but he has only played a few professional games and has lots to learn.

Really? Because I was thinking that 'protecting our investment' by tying players to long contracts on the back of a few decent performances were what almost ran us out of business.

I presume that you have never had a go at Ron Martin for financial mismanagement?

No decent player should have less than one year on his contract and Moshni had less than one year.

Mohsni may be a good player in future and he may not - but he certainly has great potential - the skills he has you cannot coach - the skills he is missing can be coached.

PS clearly agrees and let's hope that he can coach him into an Efe/Sam Sodge quality defender.

My comments are wholly unrelated to financial mismanagement because - let's face it - the wages he will have accepted won't be great even if they are paid.

If Paul Clark had 6 months coaching Moshni I would wager there would be a fine defender there at the end of those 6 months.

Heard from an ex board member at the Morecombe match that Wolves offerred £250k rising to possible total of £1m on deadline day with him being loaned back for the whole season - amazingly we turned it down and thus explains the immediate contract extension.

Sounds far fetched I know, but honestly this contact is 100% genuine and really is in the 'inner circle' at Southend.

Heard from an ex board member at the Morecombe match that Wolves offerred £250k rising to possible total of £1m on deadline day with him being loaned back for the whole season - amazingly we turned it down and thus explains the immediate contract extension.

Sounds far fetched I know, but honestly this contact is 100% genuine and really is in the 'inner circle' at Southend.

I struggle to believe that whatsoever. He hasn't even proved himself at this level yet!

Heard that too. Also a good source told me Man City offered Santa Cruz and Wright-Phillips in exchange for Zabouub. They were literally begging Ron Martin.

Heard that too. Also a good source told me Man City offered Santa Cruz and Wright-Phillips in exchange for Zabouub. They were literally begging Ron Martin.

Lol - agree it is far fetched, but I assure you it's true - same person told me that it was Prosser on the end of Corr's 'attack' at training

I can see that being true as he had a relatively good game apart from the slip which led to there goal in the cup.

I hate to say it but it looks as though the coaching he is currently getting is upsetting his play. When he had the free role he looked like an accident waiting to happen and just roamed around the pitch and often just made a crucial tackle by the skin of his teeth. Now he looks like he is scared to move incase it doesnt meet with the approval of his coaches.

There will come a time when either the coaching kicks in and he becomes a solid player or they just let him off the raines and use his natural talent as at the moment he is the middle which doesnt suite anybody.

Im sure he'd played more than 5 games though!

I'm pretty sure he hadn't.

I can see that being true as he had a relatively good game apart from the slip which led to there goal in the cup.

I hate to say it but it looks as though the coaching he is currently getting is upsetting his play. When he had the free role he looked like an accident waiting to happen and just roamed around the pitch and often just made a crucial tackle by the skin of his teeth. Now he looks like he is scared to move incase it doesnt meet with the approval of his coaches.

There will come a time when either the coaching kicks in and he becomes a solid player or they just let him off the raines and use his natural talent as at the moment he is the middle which doesnt suite anybody.

That's how I'd describe his performance on Saturday. He was out of position more often than not!

Seriously, Jimmy, you make Tilly sound pathetic.

Jimmy? Funny, I thought after our little chat via PM a few months back that the smarmy sarcasm when somebody says something that you disagree with would stop. Maybe you just can't help yourself.....

Back on topic, I can imagine scouts coming to take a look, but a serious bid such as the one quoted? I just can't see that. Mohsni has no pedigree, no-one had ever really heard of him before he came here, and to make a bid like that based on 3 or 4 professional football matches would be crazy. At least Scott Spencer came through the ranks of an English professional football club - he probably would have been seen plenty of times before by plenty of scouts from other clubs before the bid for him was made.

Still, as I said, 2 guaranteed years is nothing to be remotely negative about. As has already been mentioned, having a good player or a decent prospect signed up for less than a year is asking for trouble. This is unlikely to be an over-inflated contract by any stretch of the imagination, so why not?

Jimmy? Funny, I thought after our little chat via PM a few months back that the smarmy sarcasm when somebody says something that you disagree with would stop. Maybe you just can't help yourself.....

It was an abbreviation at worst and a term of endearment at best. I'll call you JAMESTHESUPERBLUE from now on.

ps the second sentence there was sarcastic. The first wasn't.

We're not disagreeing are we? I'm making an observation that often the way you describe Tilly makes him sound like some precious little abused pussy cat rather than a grown man. I know you know him well but just hope that you're just trying to make him out to be a sympathetic character (which is utterly unnecessary considering what high regard almost all of us on here hold that man in).

No decent player should have less than one year on his contract and Moshni had less than one year.

Yes they should if you want to run a lower league football club within a budget. And yes that means sometimes losing good players on a free transfer. It happens.

Back