• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

You're an idiot

(public enough for you?)

I think this is what my old history teacher referred to as "abuse, not an argument." :thumbdown:

I know (for a fact) that BB can look after himself, but I can't sit this one out. This level of vitriol and dumbing-down here surprises me from someone who is usually an intelligent poster. ShrimperZone expects better of you, Pubey. Public enough for you too? :Red card:

Last edited:
I think this is what my old history teacher referred to as "abuse, not an argument." :thumbdown:

I know (for a fact) that BB can look after himself, but I can't sit this one out. This level of vitriol and dumbing-down here surprises me from someone who is usually an intelligent poster. ShrimperZone expects better of you, PubeyBarna Blue. Public enough for you too? :Red card:

Agreed.

ps Pubey, play the ball, not the man. Call the comments idiotic, not the poster.

You're an idiot

(public enough for you?)

Yes,I'm glad that you've had the courage to say publically what you wrote to me privately (albeit after a little gentle prodding on my part).
Perhaps you would now care to justify your opinion of Corr(which I imagine is positive)and the rest of the team not being "dross"(with the honourable exceptions of Grant and Moshni)?
Personally, I think we've gone right back to where we were before Tilly took over.I certainly can't remember a worse SUFC "team," since Wignall or Newman were in charge.
I quite liked YB's list of useless SU strikers above.The only player on it ,who I had any time for was Drewe,(for his courage and never say die attitude)though there's no denying he was useless all right.Who can forget his epic "performance" against Scarborough in the Cup a couple of seasons ago when his 2/3 second half misses cost us the chance of playing Chelsea in the next round?
BTW,(as anyone who knows me would confirm)I'm not an idiot, though I do have very fairly strong views about most things including SUFC(which I'm prepared to justify if necessary).

Last edited:
This isn't a personal attack by any means, but I'm really struggling to see how anybody could've watched the 90 minutes on show last Saturday and come away thinking Corr was dross and Moshni superb...

This isn't a personal attack by any means, but I'm really struggling to see how anybody could've watched the 90 minutes on show last Saturday and come away thinking Corr was dross and Moshni superb...

I didn't say that I though Moshni was superb.I pointed out his obvious potential.I'm not blind to his present weaknesses either but with good coaching and experience he's capable of playing at a much higher level.
I doubt that Corr will get another contract in League football after his present one expires.He was awful on Saturday.

Yes,I'm glad that you've had the courage to say publically what you wrote to me privately (albeit after a little gentle prodding on my part).
Perhaps you would now care to justify your opinion of Corr(which I imagine is positive)and the rest of the team not being "dross"(with the honourable exceptions of Grant and Moshni)?
Personally, I think we've gone right back to where we were before Tilly took over.I certainly can't remember a worse SUFC "team," since Wignall or Newman were in charge.
I quite liked YB's list of useless SU strikers above.The only player on it ,who I had any time for was Drewe,(for his courage and never say die attitude)though there's no denying he was useless all right.Who can forget his epic "performance" against Scarborough in the Cup a couple of seasons ago when his 2/3 second half misses cost us the chance of playing Chelsea in the next round?
BTW,(as anyone who knows me would confirm)I'm not an idiot, though I do have very fairly strong views about most things including SUFC(which I'm prepared to justify if necessary).

You may not be an idiot, but your statement condemning Corr as the worst striker you have seen at this level, based on a single game (in which he even scored) was certainly idiotic. Putting aside the obvious point about lack of sample size that you'd expect any rational person to acknowledge, Corr may turn out to be not much cop (although I'd suggest he'll do OK), but he's certainly far better than those I listed. For a start he can actually control the ball, a feat seemingly beyond the feet of any of those I listed (which reminds me, I missed out Tony Richards as well) who all had the kind of touch Tes Bramble in a hotel room with his brother and a young lady gets accused of. In that one game I think Corr matched the SUFC career goalscoring records of most of that illustrous group, so you can hardly knock him from what little you have seen for his lack of goals either.

Your comments come across as those of an attention-seeker, goading for a reaction.

Awful enough to score, apparently.

I think to label Corr as "awful" does him a huge disservice and is archetypal of our support's attitude to targetmen forwards, or other forwards who don't hit the ground running immediately. Corr was given two, maybe three, inviting crosses to latch onto on Saturday and converted one of them and, as far as League Two forwards go, you can't ask much more than that. If we're to expect 10-15 goals this season from Corr, as we should do from a striker playing that particular role, then he's well on his way to achieving his target.

I think that, when Zaaboub is match fit and deployed on the left, you'll see the power and advantage of having Corr in the side.

Ah yes Zaaboub, our saviour. Not just an overweight frenchie. Hall's been great on the left and should stay there.

Ah yes Zaaboub, our saviour. Not just an overweight frenchie. Hall's been great on the left and should stay there.

I'm not discrediting Hall at all, I think he's been by far our most competent winger so far this season... All I will say is that he doesn't get round his man enough to deliver a consistent ball, which is hampering the service to the front man. He's considerably tricky with the ball at his feet, which would lend me to think that he'd be more than capable playing on the right hand side with the option to cut in and have a crack at goal, a la Mark Gower.

Zaaboub's probably the best ball-playing midfielder we have, and a trio of Corr, Zaaboub and Hall complimented by Grant and Simpson through the centre would certainly look feasible to me... he's just nowhere near match fitness having missed a considerable amount of football.

Corr is in no way "awful", he's an average League 2 centre-forward IMO. I've only seen one game this season (Bradford away) and he looked strong and sharp and has a decent turn of pace for a big man. He's scored 2 in 6 appearances, a simple extrapolation suggests he could get 15 goals in a full season. Personally I'd be looking at double-figures from him this season assuming he stays fit, a useful return from a decent player.

Corr is in no way "awful", he's an average League 2 centre-forward IMO. I've only seen one game this season (Bradford away) and he looked strong and sharp and has a decent turn of pace for a big man. He's scored 2 in 6 appearances, a simple extrapolation suggests he could get 15 goals in a full season. Personally I'd be looking at double-figures from him this season assuming he stays fit, a useful return from a decent player.

Thanks for giving your opinion.I'm quite happy to bet you a pony that he won't score 15 League 2 goals this season.(Loser to pay ST or SZ).

Thanks for giving your opinion.I'm quite happy to bet you a pony that he won't score 15 League 2 goals this season.(Loser to pay ST or SZ).

That's hardly putting your money where your mouth is.

You've claimed Barry Corr is the worst forward you've seen in the 4th division, yet you've set the bar as 15 LEAGUE goals.

Top-scorer ALL COMPETITIONS
2002-03 Rawle 12
2001-02 Bramble 13
2000-01 Abbey and Lee 10
1999-00 Carruthers 19
1998-99 Conlon 7

That level was achieved ONCE in those 5 seasons.

If you believe he's the worst forward you've seen at this level, bet that he'll get under 7 goals in all competitions.

Last edited:
You may not be an idiot, but your statement condemning Corr as the worst striker you have seen at this level, based on a single game (in which he even scored) was certainly idiotic. Putting aside the obvious point about lack of sample size that you'd expect any rational person to acknowledge, Corr may turn out to be not much cop (although I'd suggest he'll do OK), but he's certainly far better than those I listed. For a start he can actually control the ball, a feat seemingly beyond the feet of any of those I listed (which reminds me, I missed out Tony Richards as well) who all had the kind of touch Tes Bramble in a hotel room with his brother and a young lady gets accused of. In that one game I think Corr matched the SUFC career goalscoring records of most of that illustrous group, so you can hardly knock him from what little you have seen for his lack of goals either.

Your comments come across as those of an attention-seeker, goading for a reaction.[/QUOTE]

The game's(fortunately) all about opinions.
Unlike you, I don't have the opportunity to see that many Blues games live but I follow them closely on BP and the net/TV "highlights".
I'll admit that "the worst ever striker" remark was(perhaps) an exageration but(as I said)I think he richly deserves a place somewhere in that useless striker list of yours.
As for your comments about my being an "attention seeker," it seems to me that you're the one "goading for a reaction" here.

The game's(fortunately) all about opinions.
Unlike you, I don't have the opportunity to see that many Blues games live but I follow them closely on BP and the net/TV "highlights".
I'll admit that "the worst ever striker" remark was(perhaps) an exageration but(as I said)I think he richly deserves a place somewhere in that useless striker list of yours.
As for your comments about my being an "attention seeker," it seems to me that you're the one "goading for a reaction" here.

I'm seeking a retraction, not a reaction.

Awful enough to score, apparently.

I think to label Corr as "awful" does him a huge disservice and is archetypal of our support's attitude to targetmen forwards, or other forwards who don't hit the ground running immediately. Corr was given two, maybe three, inviting crosses to latch onto on Saturday and converted one of them and, as far as League Two forwards go, you can't ask much more than that. If we're to expect 10-15 goals this season from Corr, as we should do from a striker playing that particular role, then he's well on his way to achieving his target.

I think that, when Zaaboub is match fit and deployed on the left, you'll see the power and advantage of having Corr in the side.

We both know(or at least I do)that he scored because he was in the right place at the right time and got lucky with his only header on target in the entire game after Moshni's excellent flick on from Timlin's free kick.

We both know(or at least I do)that he scored because he was in the right place at the right time and got lucky with his only header on target in the entire game after Moshni's excellent flick on from Timlin's free kick.

Yeah, those forwards who have positional sense and the instinct to time their runs are probably the worst of the lot. I'd take a headless, elbow-centric chicken like Drewe Broughton over him anyday.

And, IIRC, he followed his goal up with a brilliantly flicked header towards the back post from a corner that forced a good save from the Morecambe 'keeper.

Last edited:
Yeah, those forwards who have positional sense and the instinct to time their runs are probably the worst of the lot. I'd take a headless, elbow-centric chicken like Drewe Broughton over him anyday.

And, IIRC, he followed his goal up with a brilliantly flicked header towards the back post from a corner that forced a good save from the Morecambe 'keeper.

Drewe was awful but he made me laugh.Corr is just awful.

I'm seeking a retraction, not a reaction.

A retraction for saying that Corr's useless? No chance.For describing him as the worst ever striker to play for SUFC? Okay,(as I've already aknowledged) but(as I've said) he still belongs somewhere high up in that exclusive list of yours.Dross is so difficult to rate, comparativey speaking.

Back