• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Thanks for giving your opinion.I'm quite happy to bet you a pony that he won't score 15 League 2 goals this season.(Loser to pay ST or SZ).

I never said that I thought he'd get 15 goals. I'm not a fan of betting on single players because one injury and you're ****ed.

Corr is in no way "awful", he's an average League 2 centre-forward IMO. I've only seen one game this season (Bradford away) and he looked strong and sharp and has a decent turn of pace for a big man. He's scored 2 in 6 appearances, a simple extrapolation suggests he could get 15 goals in a full season. Personally I'd be looking at double-figures from him this season assuming he stays fit, a useful return from a decent player.

Pubey, he's scored three in 6 starts in all competitions (with three further sub appearances).

For those worried about his discipline he's been only booked once as well!

The game's(fortunately) all about opinions.
Unlike you, I don't have the opportunity to see that many Blues games live but I follow them closely on BP and the net/TV "highlights".
I'll admit that "the worst ever striker" remark was(perhaps) an exageration but(as I said)I think he richly deserves a place somewhere in that useless striker list of yours.
As for your comments about my being an "attention seeker," it seems to me that you're the one "goading for a reaction" here.

How do you rate him compared to Danny Webb, Alex Revell, Lee Bradbury and Matt Harrold?

A retraction for saying that Corr's useless? No chance.For describing him as the worst ever striker to play for SUFC? Okay,(as I've already aknowledged) but(as I've said) he still belongs somewhere high up in that exclusive list of yours.Dross is so difficult to rate, comparativey speaking.

How many times have you seen him play?

How many times do you need to have seen someone play before you're entitled to an opinion?
Quite a few scouts have famously left games, before the pre-match kickabout has even finished, having seen all they needed to see.

:unsure::unsure:

How many times do you need to have seen someone play before you're entitled to an opinion?
Quite a few scouts have famously left games, before the pre-match kickabout has even finished, having seen all they needed to see.
I'd say to get a balanced view you have to base an opinion on more than one game's viewing. Corr has been ok this season, certainly no worse than any strikers in recent years - Barney apart. And what's more surely it's a striker's job to be positioned to get the kind of goal he did on Saturday? I really think you're digging yourself into a masive hole here.

I'd say to get a balanced view you have to base an opinion on more than one game's viewing. Corr has been ok this season, certainly no worse than any strikers in recent years - Barney apart. And what's more surely it's a striker's job to be positioned to get the kind of goal he did on Saturday? I really think you're digging yourself into a masive hole here.

I'll be quite happy to re-assess him when I'm next over in January, though I doubt he'll have added much to his goals tally by then.FWIW I'm not a great fan of BS's either though he works hard and at least has a sense of how the game should be played.I agree with you about Barney though.

Quite a few scouts have famously left games, before the pre-match warm-up has even finished, having seen all they needed to see.

Could you enlighten us of these "famous" occasions?

I'll be quite happy to re-assess him when I'm next over in January, though I doubt he'll have added much to his goals tally by then.FWIW I'm not a great fan of BS's either though he works hard and at least has a sense of how the game should be played.I agree with you about Barney though.

I can't wait.....

Quite a few scouts have famously left games, before the pre-match warm-up has even finished, having seen all they needed to see.

Wow I've read some crap on here in the past but that is quite frankly bollocks. That's if I'm allowed to have that opinion as I've only read it once?

Wow I've read some crap on here in the past but that is quite frankly bollocks. That's if I'm allowed to have that opinion as I've only read it once?

The stories may well be apocryphal but they certainly exist.So sorry I can't provide you with a link.:p

BTW I notice that even Corr himself (in his BP interview)admits that he "didn't turn up" for the game on Saturday despite his goal.That's certainly the performance I saw.

Last edited:
Interesting that Sturrock really rates Corr, labelling him a potential 20-goal striker... I'm certainly more willing to take Sturrock's opinion than BarnaBlue's.

Interesting that Sturrock really rates Corr, labelling him a potential 20-goal striker... I'm certainly more willing to take Sturrock's opinion than BarnaBlue's.

I'd say PS has a vested interest in praying that Corr comes good(since he signed him).I'm happy to bet you a pony that Corr won't score 20 goals for us this season(loser to donate to ST or SZ).

Back