• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

3rd winding up order due

Now i am confused knew about the martin dawn
But the one that eluded to in my previous posts is not
Tonights one??? I was expecting 1 to come in on 21st of feb
So we shall see. But even if it people
Would probably die by martins side rather than see any bad in him
If the situation wasnt so serious it would be laughable
You guys are really starting to look silly with yor
Constant defending of this snake oil salesman

Would you visit him in the clink

There must be a good reason for this to be in Travel, I just can't think of it right now.

It's a time travel post.

Debtors were imprisoned up until the late 19th Century, but you'll have to go all the way back until 1780 for when the Clink last accepted debtors according to the shiny blue plaque that now adorns the wall.

Can you please detail the action you have taken to show your displeasure at Martin (other than moan about him on an internet forum?). I'm sure there are many disgruntled fans who are looking for a solution so it would be interesting to hear what action you have taken or propose taking?

Is anyone else worried that the Court will finally say enough is enough and we will be placed into Administration?

There are still players and staff waiting to be paid, but I hear that the next Sainsbury's payment is due early this week - will it come on time?

Southend United Football Club is set to face a winding up order from Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs.

The npower League One side will appear at the High Court on March 16th but chief executive Tara Brady is confident the Blues can settle the issue before then.

Speaking to BBC Essex Brady said: "I am confident this won't get as far as the High Court as with are dealing with the matter now."

"We did miss a payment to HMRC but I would stress it's for a nominal fee.

"Cash flow was tight and there were other priorities which included paying players, staff and insurances.

"At this stage we are not under a transfer embargo."

A statement from HMRC added: "HMRC remains absolutely committed to demonstrating a sympathetic approach to businesses that have genuine short-term difficulties in paying the tax they owe.

"However HMRC expect those who can pay to do so, in full and on time to make sure that the money is there to fund the UK's vital public services.

"We only ever take winding-up proceedings as a last resort."

http://www.footballtradedirectory.com/news/2011/february/hmrc-issue-blues-with-winding-up-order.html

Ok so TB claims this is a "nominal fee"

WTF does that mean ? How much will it cost in lawyers fees to sort this one out ? So another chunk of the next Sainsbury advance ******* away on lawyers.

Well done TB you've made a huge difference to the running of our club NOT

No. Because, we will be wound-up rather than placed into administration.

Okay, lets say the court has had enough of RM and he's used up his 'nine lives' and the judge agrees to the club being wound up - is no one worried that this might happen? Or is everyone gullable enough to believe the rubbish that TB comes out with belittling the amount we owe?

Okay, lets say the court has had enough of RM and he's used up his 'nine lives' and the judge agrees to the club being wound up - is no one worried that this might happen? Or is everyone gullable enough to believe the rubbish that TB comes out with belittling the amount we owe?

C C Csiders tells us that we're definitely going to get wound up every time we're in this position (which is obviously too many times).

I can't see Sainsburys letting the Club fold over a relatively small sum now that the Council have agreed to go along with the revised plans. HMRC aren't a vindictive entity looking to force taxpayers out of business. So no I'm not that worried right now.

Er what guys are you talking to ?

I see no one defending him ?

Is anyone else worried that the Court will finally say enough is enough and we will be placed into Administration?

There are still players and staff waiting to be paid, but I hear that the next Sainsbury's payment is due early this week - will it come on time?
I'd take administration over being wound up, I think we can survive the 10 point deduction so it wouldn't be that bad, although it would set the stadium back so far it might never get built

Can I put Mr Fish Finger forward as Shrimperzone Poet Laureate? This is actually brilliant. I was moved.

Can I put Mr Fish Finger forward as Shrimperzone Poet Laureate? This is actually brilliant. I was moved.

Now
I am confused; knew 'bout the Martin dawn
But not of the one

In posts previous did I allude
For this is not
Tonights one??? Nor that of tomorrow's early morn

Expectant
Was I, on February twenty-one,
To come in
To onion rings, burgers and HMRC's third wickedly deed.
But no.
Through this though, see, we shall.

Even
If people would rather die by Martin's side
Than see in him any bad
So serious, if not, were the situation,

Then laughable would it be.

And yet,
As time unfolds
And the new day dawns
Silly will look those who choose to defend
A salesman whose medicinal cure