• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

You clearly don't know the meaning of the word blackmail. They might be seeking to get substantially more than what they're worth or they might just be seeking a fair price for their inconvenience. We don't know. Prospects might also just be looking to up the ante. Either way, it's not blackmail.

You're right, I should not have used that word and I'm sorry to upset you.
I should have said that they are holding the club to ransom. They know that the longer they hold out, the more they are likely to get, especially if they are the final stumbling block.

Let's see what actually happens.

All being well, we could see diggers on site first week of October and at roughly the same time, St Mary's Court and the RH car park could be turned into a building site...

IIRC when Rochford gave planning consent 3 years ago it all seemed pretty unanimous but from reading this things are not quite so positive. I suppose in the last 3 years quite a few of the councillors will have changed, lets hope we dont have to go back in 3 years time.

IF the 3 sides are built and we do move in, it'll probably be another 10-15 years before the final 4th side of the stadium is completed.

There is a full page of articles in today's Echo which is nothing we have not heard before but some of the dates being mentioned are a tad confusing.

The two sides in the Prospects saga are blaming each other for the termination of the contract..with the club asking for more time and Prospects saying NO you have already let us down 6 times..it is hard to defend the club even if you wanted to in this case. It is quite obvious they are trying to buy time until Southend Council rubber stamp the prolonged build extension whilst Prospects are just fed up to the teeth with time after time of stalling.

Both parties are strutting about like Peacocks,one threatening to sell to another buyer, the other saying they will force a CPO.

There was movement over at FF yesterday.

Looks like it was just firming up of the defences though. With some extra concrete blocks placed around the perimeter, ahead of the Dale Farm eviction I guess.

In fact, the whole area has had it's defences bolstered, with plenty of extra blocks all over the place.

Good to see the Council has it's head screwed on.

Making this announcement is turning out to be one of the worst ideas ever!

The council don't meet until the first week of October to pass/reject the building extension time.

I'll believe it when I see it to be honest. How many years have we heard about a new stadium. This goes back to the Jobson days and all that talk about moving to Basildon.

Don't get me wrong I'd love to see us play in a new stadium, but, as I said, I'll believe it when I see the builders on site.

Back