• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I don't think there are many people criticising Daniels, just a few people saying they would prefer Morris at this time

The first half against Swindon, was very pretty though, and probably the best football we've played! Silky touches, small passes. Was excellent stuff!
i was actually only remarking about Cricko saying Daniels is ordered to kick it up into the other half so i was defending Daniels
for not throwing it short to the full backs when its on ...
But sorry i didnt think the first half was pretty with all the above what you said just goes to show you how differently people
see the game sometimes

Jeez isn't Daniels the current fans Player of the Month for crying out loud? He's also the reason we're still in the FA Cup, how about his performance up at Preston? Been excellent for us so far IMHO and if there was a chance of him staying then I'm amazed some people would question it.

Has just tweeted that he is up to Birmingham and would like to 'thank all the Southend fans for their support over the last two months.' Suppose that means he's not signing then.

Has just tweeted that he is up to Birmingham and would like to 'thank all the Southend fans for their support over the last two months.' Suppose that means he's not signing then.

Who knows, Sturrock's interview on BBC Essex said that he would be having a chat with him. He has obviously been given an option to sign him on loan till the end of the season. Lets face it he is hardly going to be challenging Ben Foster for his place.

Who knows, Sturrock's interview on BBC Essex said that he would be having a chat with him. He has obviously been given an option to sign him on loan till the end of the season. Lets face it he is hardly going to be challenging Ben Foster for his place.

Indeed he won't displace Foster, but there's no way we can carry 3 goal keepers on the wage bill.

I think Daniels has been a very good keeper for us and i'd like to place on record my thanks for his displays, if PS seeks to extend his loan till the seasons end i'll not be complaining, likewise if we are paying some of his wages and he'd prefer to spend the money on a wide man then i'll be as pleased if not more so

Would like too second that,has been a very good loan signing and if Morris wasn't a good keeper a this level would be keen to keep him as long as possible
I think Daniels has been a very good keeper for us and i'd like to place on record my thanks for his displays, if PS seeks to extend his loan till the seasons end i'll not be complaining, likewise if we are paying some of his wages and he'd prefer to spend the money on a wide man then i'll be as pleased if not more so

Thing is that if I remember correctly, Morris' contract is up at the end of the season so maybe Sturrock sees Daniels as the better long term option. That's something I'd not dispute, Morris is decent enough for this level but I see Daniels as the better keeper - and more able in L1 - so a loan to the end of the season would then give him the right choice depending on where we are.

Thing is that if I remember correctly, Morris' contract is up at the end of the season so maybe Sturrock sees Daniels as the better long term option. That's something I'd not dispute, Morris is decent enough for this level but I see Daniels as the better keeper - and more able in L1 - so a loan to the end of the season would then give him the right choice depending on where we are.

Whilst I agree about Daniels being better than Morris we can't waste senior player wages on a spare keeper so unless we can unload Glenn Morris then I don't think PS can afford to keep Daniels as other areas need the resource more.

Whilst I agree about Daniels being better than Morris we can't waste senior player wages on a spare keeper so unless we can unload Glenn Morris then I don't think PS can afford to keep Daniels as other areas need the resource more.

Well said, agree completely

He saved us on plenty of occasions today and deserved MOM

Defo agree with this. One of their chances the ball bounced up quite high and Daniels managed to claw it. Not sure Morris would have done so. However, Daniels needs to be a bit more diligent with his kicking.

Defo agree with this. One of their chances the ball bounced up quite high and Daniels managed to claw it. Not sure Morris would have done so. However, Daniels needs to be a bit more diligent with his kicking.

The fact that he always does the same makes me think that maybe hat's what PS tells him to do every time?

Normally I would agree, but as I said, with Morris' contract winding down and Daniels' being a potential loan (and we know there are different agreements concerning wages on loans) then I see it as at least a possibility.

At last old butter fingers is going back. Certainly adequate but rubbish in the air, totally inaccurate long kicking and never holds a ball. If you see him and Morris performing the same tasks next to each other at the training ground then you would think that Morris is the Premiership keeper. Welcome back Glenn, don't know who gets worse treated, you or Sawyer by Sturrock!

At last old butter fingers is going back. Certainly adequate but rubbish in the air, totally inaccurate long kicking and never holds a ball. If you see him and Morris performing the same tasks next to each other at the training ground then you would think that Morris is the Premiership keeper. Welcome back Glenn, don't know who gets worse treated, you or Sawyer by Sturrock!

You really are clueless aren't you.

Daniels has been solid for us since his arrival and saved us on countless occasions.

You really are clueless aren't you.

Daniels has been solid for us since his arrival and saved us on countless occasions.

One game he palmed away perfect height shots and the clueless brigade said what a wonderful keeper. Have seen him spill more in the games he's been here than Morris in 2 seasons. Mark my words, he will never be better than League 1 as he CAN'T CATCH and CAN'T KICK, Federici he aint!

One game he palmed away perfect height shots and the clueless brigade said what a wonderful keeper. Have seen him spill more in the games he's been here than Morris in 2 seasons. Mark my words, he will never be better than League 1 as he CAN'T CATCH and CAN'T KICK, Federici he aint!

i think this is a little over the top, but his kicking is crap , week in week out. Also Morris has saved us on plenty of occasions and people seem to have totally forgoton this

Back