• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

McNasty

Comments from Mr Boothroyd following yesterday's match.

"For me, I wouldn't have been able to tell which team was at the top and which was at the bottom, for long periods.

"I think the clearest thing is that they bring a player on who scores two goals for them. We didn't switch on in the latter stages of the game.

"Was it a 5-2 game in terms of performance? Absolutely not. But we never give up. We're going to need that every week."

Top or bottom ?

We have a points total 250% of theirs and a goal difference of +46 compared to Northampton. They have won 5 league games to our 16. What sort of a long period would he like to realise that whilst we may not win the league we are safe from relegation.

Been taking lessons from the fat gobshite at Creepy?

Just a bunch of
grapes.jpg

He's a ****. Always has been. Very much a sour grapes kind of guy, unlike Paul Sturrock who has the pride and decency to admit when we have lost to a better team on the day. He was harping on about the free-kick that hit our post and Morris' awesome save - he didn't mention that Hall's triple save from Benyon in the second half kept them in it too! He was also happy to talk about fortune with regards to our penalty and the fact that Martin's goal came to him because the ball ricocheted off their defender - how about their first goal being down to good fortune and comin off Clohessy and their second being offside? Just don't pay any attention to Boothroyd, I don't know what game he watches half the time.

He has always been the same, a very biased long ball merchant. Northampton (Young and the West Brom forward aside) are a poor side.

Even first half, despite conceding two goals we were still camped in there half and without us creating too much. Second half we plain and simply battered them, they had a ten minute spell at 2-2 (IIRC) but aside from that we tore them apart.

Up the Blues

I was with friends in the home end & although it was difficult at times - I had a right old chortle at the comments they came out with!

Even the friends with me laughed at the dumbness of remarks levelled at the away team/fans, still its banter of sorts & nothing racist...

To be fair the first half was close and they played their part in a cracking game. They're also one of the better sides I've seen at Roots Hall this season and I'm surprised they're so low down the table. I was relieved that Akinfenwa didn't start after the trouble he's caused us in the past. Saying that, Boothroyd is a pr*ck. Always moaning and his team play even worse football than us. Apart from Berahino and the winger who took the set-pieces, they didn't have much quality and their 2 goals were scrappy. Defensively they were all over the shop and in the 2nd half we battered them. I think in the 2nd half you could tell who was top and who was bottom. Fair play to them though, both times we equalised they came straight back at us and I'm sure they'll be fine this season. 5-2 probably was slightly flattering.

heard his comments on the radio on the way home. The guy is a knob. he counts his teams near misses but forgots about another 5 we could have had. Did he say the same after Shrews banged in 7 goal theres or about another 7 or 8 games where they have conceded 3 or 4 goals

I listened to the game on Blues World yesterday and the scoreline did flatter us a bit.... Before we score our 3rd, the had a good shout for a pen, hit the post and Morris pulled off a great save....

I'm not saying that I agree with their manager but it wasn't a 2nd from top vs 2nd from bottom game...

Sounded like they could have had a couple of extra goals, but we could also have had a few extra. Boothroyd really needs to sort out his defence else Northampton could well go this season.

Really surprised everyone is that bothered about what Boothroyd says. To be fair to the bloke he's got a job to do - he's just taken over, seen his team hammered by us, and wants to talk them up in the hope of giving them some confidence. I can completely understand why he said what he did, and don't really need to worry about the league's bottom manager.

Is it because he's ex Col U?

Really surprised everyone is that bothered about what Boothroyd says. To be fair to the bloke he's got a job to do - he's just taken over, seen his team hammered by us, and wants to talk them up in the hope of giving them some confidence. I can completely understand why he said what he did, and don't really need to worry about the league's bottom manager.

Is it because he's ex Col U?

I agree.... if it's cos he's ex Col U... then we need to get out of this league so that we can pit our wits against them rather than slag off their ex managers who have since moved on...

Back