• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It would be nice to be linked to a player, a decent rumour, some sign of activity. Plenty of clubs in our division are veterans of this summer transfer merry-go-round already. It may well cheer up the dull weeks ahead until the new season to know something factual and have something to look forward to.

Isn't the fact that we're talking to Eastwood and Hills good enough? The difference being these aren't rumours, they're true.

Isn't the fact that we're talking to Eastwood and Hills good enough? The difference being these aren't rumours, they're true.

handle-the-truth.jpg

To be honest I'll be pretty disgusted if Hall is the one to go. With Corr possibly (fingers crossed) returning next season and Mohsni in the line-up it would be suicide to sell the best crosser of a ball we have probably ever had. Can you imagine a side with Corr AND Mohsni in it with Hall as a supply line? Not only would no L2 defence fancy playing us we would also score an absolute hatful from crosses and dead balls......

If we have to sell someone sell Kane instead, we have cover in central areas. Hall and Mohsni are essential to what we are trying to achieve and, in Hall's case, we won't find anybody to deliver as well as he does. Play to your strengths - if Corr gets fit and Mohsni stays then so must Hall (if he doesn't force a transfer elsewhere anyway).

Having started this thread, which then turned out to be completely untrue, fabrcicated by those awful Rotherham fans. I would like to apologise and leave you with this further rumour seen on Eurosport website.
Gary Hooper is targeting a move to Barcelona once his contract at celtic expires.
Please don't shoot the messenger.

Having started this thread, which then turned out to be completely untrue, fabrcicated by those awful Rotherham fans. I would like to apologise and leave you with this further rumour seen on Eurosport website.
Gary Hooper is targeting a move to Barcelona once his contract at celtic expires.

If we shot all the messengers we would have no posters.

Rotherham forum are talking about Ryan signing for them tonight.

Your post was right, they were.

Luckily they were talking nonsense. For now. I hope.

According to some Shrewsbury fans they think they are getting Hall for 55k! :hilarious::hilarious:

Love this time of year and the ludicrous rumors going around. We would be mad to let Hall leave, but if he does leave we surely need to demand something in excess of 400k.

We are, after all, talking about a winger who is still young, has 35 assists and 19 goals in the league in what is pretty much a year and a half of football with us and has one of the best deliveries I have seen from a Southend player over the last few years.

Love this time of year and the ludicrous rumors going around. We would be mad to let Hall leave, but if he does leave we surely need to demand something in excess of 400k.

We are, after all, talking about a winger who is still young, has 35 assists and 19 goals in the league in what is pretty much a year and a half of football with us and has one of the best deliveries I have seen from a Southend player over the last few years.

I agree; Nick Powell is rumoured to be worth 4M and if that is the case Hall is worth a lot more than 55K.

Personally I would be upset if he went for less than 500K and why would he leave a League 2 club to join another League 2 club!!!

He should only go to a top League 1 side or Championship

From what I've heard, Hall's dip in form in the second half of the season seems to have scared most scouts off, if offers do come in for Hall I can't see them exceeding 150000, which I think is an undervaluation but as other teams aren't watching him week in week out they can only base their valuations off what the scouts say and who the 'experts' put in the team of the season. We should definately hang on to him unless we get a really stupid offer for him, he will be a key member of the team next year.

From what I've heard, Hall's dip in form in the second half of the season seems to have scared most scouts off, if offers do come in for Hall I can't see them exceeding 150000, which I think is an undervaluation but as other teams aren't watching him week in week out they can only base their valuations off what the scouts say and who the 'experts' put in the team of the season. We should definately hang on to him unless we get a really stupid offer for him, he will be a key member of the team next year.

Is it a dip in form, or have other teams sussed him out? Unfortunately he's become quite predictable when he picks the ball up on the flank. He isn't very sharp and sometimes struggles to get past his man, so he almost always cuts in on his left on the right flank. You can't complain about him though as he's got 17 assists, but if a team does their homework, he can have games where the full backs can keep him very quiet if they do a good job.

I agree; Nick Powell is rumoured to be worth 4M and if that is the case Hall is worth a lot more than 55K.

Personally I would be upset if he went for less than 500K and why would he leave a League 2 club to join another League 2 club!!!

He should only go to a top League 1 side or Championship

If Hall is sold then stand by to be very upset. He's in the last year of his contract and can leave for nothing this time next year. If he's sold and I hope he isn't I doubt if we'll get much more than 100k for him. Most clubs at League 1 & 2 level haven't got a pot to **** in let alone 500k.

No thats the thing. Transfers in the lower leagues are becoming very rare. There are too many free agents out there, and very little money, to warrant paying transfer fees.

Dont see us getting more than 200k for him and would expect far less.

Asides from the contract length limiting any fee, the Nick Powell comparison is ludicrous too.

I love Ryan Hall, but he is 24 years old, not particularly quick and is one-footed. Nick Powell has only just turned 18 and has the potential to play for England in years to come.

If we're to compare and bemoan prices, let's do so for the transfers of Matt Tubbs, Tyrone Barnett and Jamie Vardy, who are all much more similar to Hall's situation and talent.

Is it a dip in form, or have other teams sussed him out? Unfortunately he's become quite predictable when he picks the ball up on the flank. He isn't very sharp and sometimes struggles to get past his man, so he almost always cuts in on his left on the right flank. You can't complain about him though as he's got 17 assists, but if a team does their homework, he can have games where the full backs can keep him very quiet if they do a good job.

We don't make it easy for him by not having any other real creative outlet. I know we went up from this division with Carl Pettefer on the wing but Gower used to drift inside and make it difficult for defenders to pick him up. Hall is more of an orthadox winger and with no one else for defenders to really worry about the other team can mark him out of the game. If we'd played Martin or had a central midfielder with a real creative spark I think Hall would get a lot more space to play in.

If Vardy is worth £1m so is Hall. He's as good as Tyrone Barnett for sure. Double figures for goals and assists two seasons running, dont see any other players in the lower league managing that.

If Vardy is worth £1m so is Hall. He's as good as Tyrone Barnett for sure. Double figures for goals and assists two seasons running, dont see any other players in the lower league managing that.

Can not agree more. this lad from Fleetwood has just signed for £1m to Leicester from the Conference. Hall has proved his worth over tge past two seasons in the League, so he must be worth at least 350 plus. Don think he will go though. PS must keep hold of these players and build for next season. A few additions and we stand a good chance of promo next season.

Back