• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sturrock wouldn't sell one our stars to:

A) A team in the same league as us and

B) Steve Evans

He wont be going to Rotherham has to be a top L1 team at least.

Im already hating Rotherham, and its all because of the fat boy manager

After a cryptic "transfer target locked in talks" story they have just announced they have signed Scott Shearer from Crawley.

However they think there is one more signing....

Been on to hensonsprman as he now has three in a row!!!

Henson has had a message from his source...the message is BELIEVE...the next signing is a tricky black winger.

If you are correct Henson then a bottle of Bolli is on its way.

JCR? Be a good signing for a Lg2 club and would probably command semi-decent wages that Rotherham are obviously dishing out.

Yeah thats right. Left Rotherham because he wanted to move south and left us to move to errmmmm Barnsley lol

Hall won't leave for 100k, never in a month of Sundays. As previously mentioned, he must be looking for a move up if at all.

Said it was on the cards didn't I. Of course no one will leave Southend will they. Its their dream club isn't it.

Oh wait............ OMG it must be true! See ya Ryan.

Seems like a total nonsense :

re: TRANSFER TARGET LOCKED IN TALKS
Dont panic Shrimper just yet anyway...we were expecting someone to sign tonight which turned out to be shearer..Millers was speculating before he knew this that it could be Ryan Hall who was signing for us because he had heard that your lot had accepted a 100k bid for him..he was putting 2+2 together no more..another poster came on and said that someone they knew had seen our manager with someone who looked like Otsemobor from the pigs (SWFC to you-or maybe not) I tongue in cheek said, after reading millers post on Hall, maybe we are after Hall because he looks a bit like Otsemobor...where Millers got his original rumour from about you lot selling him for 100k I dont know...but reading your fans site he does sound like a good player..hope that sort of clear things up for ya..

Our season finished a week ago, what are you expecting FFS:stunned:

It would be nice to be linked to a player, a decent rumour, some sign of activity. Plenty of clubs in our division are veterans of this summer transfer merry-go-round already. It may well cheer up the dull weeks ahead until the new season to know something factual and have something to look forward to.

Transfers take weeks, our season has only just ended, we are still in May!

How often do we get a "decent" rumour anyway ? More often than not we dont sign people that we get rumours about anyway and those we do sign generally come out of the blue.

Seeing as we normally leave it until August we have plenty of time yet.

Give them a chance. We used to leave it until August,it's still May.

EDIT: Nice, my Ipad decided to post this over an hour after I pressed send.

Last edited:
Transfers take weeks, our season has only just ended, we are still in May!

How often do we get a "decent" rumour anyway ? More often than not we dont sign people that we get rumours about anyway and those we do sign generally come out of the blue.

Seeing as we normally leave it until August we have plenty of time yet.

Quite right, I think our first signing last season was Neil Harris and his signing was announced around the 2nd week of June IIRC.

Last edited:
Give them a chance. We used to leave it until August,it's still May.

Be cool. I am not castigating the club for not signing anyone. I am just saying it would build a little excitement to hear a snippet of official transfer interest and less of the fans hopeful targets. Only looking to make the days pass with more interest.:smiles:

Be cool. I am not castigating the club for not signing anyone. I am just saying it would build a little excitement to hear a snippet of official transfer interest and less of the fans hopeful targets. Only looking to make the days pass with more interest.:smiles:

Do what Rotherham did with Hall and make something up then!

To be honest the endless speculation we get out of the season is pretty tedious. 700 players get mentioned and most of the time we never get close to players who actually sign.

Do what Rotherham did with Hall and make something up then!

To be honest the endless speculation we get out of the season is pretty tedious. 700 players get mentioned and most of the time we never get close to players who actually sign.

Exactly... which means that no-one knows very much at all actually. They just think they do.

Back