• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If Hall is sold then stand by to be very upset. He's in the last year of his contract and can leave for nothing this time next year. If he's sold and I hope he isn't I doubt if we'll get much more than 100k for him. Most clubs at League 1 & 2 level haven't got a pot to **** in let alone 500k.

At long last a realistic valuation.

He is a League Two player. We are Southend United. That means £100k is maximum.

Crewe can sell players for more because of their reputation in bringing through outstanding young talent.

Southend has always sold players for much less than players who aer at other clubs. IIRC Freddy Eastwood was sold for less than Izale McLeod at a similar time. Much of that is to do with who the selling club are.

If all we could get for him is £100k then I can't see us selling him
Would be better to keep him until his contract runs out

If Vardy is worth £1m so is Hall. He's as good as Tyrone Barnett for sure. Double figures for goals and assists two seasons running, dont see any other players in the lower league managing that.
Not sure on the Barnett comparison personally. I really rate Hall but Barnett seems a quality player to me, when I saw him play for Crawley he was quick, had good feet and flew like a salmon. I really rate Hall and think he could make it CCC level, but I wouldn't go so far as to say he's definitely as good as Barnett. Yet to be proven in my opinion.

Back