• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I used to watch West Ham years ago when I was Younger,Then i moved to Southend and Now watch my local team which is Southend I wanted Southend to win Saturday as I go to Southend. West Ham whether you like it or not have a good fan base and our loyal to there club just as those of us who go to Roots Hall are loyal to Southend.
Some of the insults on here are appalling my parents were Eastenders so i take exception to being reffered to as a gobshite Cockney even though ichoose to support the Blues,i will be at Roots Hall this season and away if possible,incidently some in our crowd support both clubs whether you like it or not.

We have had the debate. Its been agreed by an overwelming majority that anything wet sham is pooh. Supporters, players,officials,even their advertising. Heard their latest add on radio? More than just a football club MY ARSE. Where have you been for the last 8 pages.
Now as the man said ****hamster, do one !!! :angry:

So for me, this is where it crosses the line...

I have supported both teams all my life. I have followed Southend home and away on many a cold night and day. I have done the same for West Ham.

To be told to bore off and do one just takes the p1ss quite frankly.

As I've got older my hatred for clubs based purely on them being rivals to SUFC (or to a far lesser extend Spurs, my guilty premiershite pleasure) either geographically or through being in the same division has hugely reduced. I can't honestly bring myself to hate the Spammers, O's, the Ewe's, and particularly the Daggers who I have developed a sneaky soft spot for.

Only clubs I feel genuine hatred for nowadays are the ones owned by stupidly rich foreigners who had previously no interest in those clubs before they bought them. I wish someone would drop bombs on both Stamford Bridge and The Etihad for starters.

So for me, this is where it crosses the line...

I have supported both teams all my life. I have followed Southend home and away on many a cold night and day. I have done the same for West Ham.

To be told to bore off and do one just takes the p1ss quite frankly.

FA Cup final 2024: Southend United vs West Ham. Your vote goes to?

This is going to go against the majority on here but I don't hate West Ham or any other London clubs. In fact I would far rather see a London team win the Premiership than a northern team (though admittedly not West Ham).
I know that living up north for the best of 30 years may have a lot to do with my differing views from others as the team I most like to see lose is Middlesbrough because it is their fans who I've had to suffer so many patronising comments from about supporting Southend.
Undoubtedly plenty of West Ham fans are yobbish and arrogant but many clubs have supporters who fit into that category. Just as a random example of this, a section of Crewe fans who I had the misfortune to walk away from Gresty Road with after the play-off first leg would certainly match West Ham for yobbishness and arrogance.
I don't hate Londoners as like quite a few people born and bred in South East Essex I am the offspring of Londoners though I'm extremely glad it was part of London (Walthamstow) that came under Essex at the time.
I wish with all my heart that everyone in SE Essex supported Southend and not West Ham, ManU or whoever else is fashionable at the moment. When I was at school in the 70s there were as many Chelsea and Leeds fans around as West Ham and it's a sad fact that many of our recent local heroes - Steve Tilson, Freddy Eastwood, Adam Barrett, Lee Barnard - have confessed to having a childhood preferences for other clubs - though to be fair to Tilly and AB I think they also had a keen interest in Southend prior to playing for us.
I still dream of the day when Southend are successful enough to make the local gloryhunters think twice before choosing another team to support and for a brief glorious moment under Steve Tilson it seemed the tide might be turning in our direction. It wasn't to be but as another famous Southend fan sang "you may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one"

I don't really care about West Ham United.
I have had more of a laugh in our rivalries with Col U, Watford, Leyton O's, Brentford and Gills.
It is a bit like a woman. Why care about someone that does not care about you? WHU couldn't care less about us Shrimpers......but Col U etc really do!

I don't really care about West Ham United.
I have had more of a laugh in our rivalries with Col U, Watford, Leyton O's, Brentford and Gills.
It is a bit like a woman. Why care about someone that does not care about you? WHU couldn't care less about us Shrimpers......but Col U etc really do!

You're showing your age massively there mate :raspberry:

You're showing your age massively there mate :raspberry:

Ha ha maybe....naah definately Blueblood!

But do you younger Shrimpers honestly think Hammers give a toss about you/us??? Of course not. They patronise us at worst.

Those naughty days against the clubs I mentioned and Lincoln City...now we all cared big time!
Never waste time on a woman that does not care about you...never waste your energy hating a football club that barely knows we exist.

Its the sneering attitude of most hamsters that grates with me though Kev, they are beyond delusional most of them

Oh why dont you p5ss off back to People's Republic of Bangladesh

Oopppppppppppppppppppppsssssssssssssssssssss

SORRY Newham East LONDON !!!

As if Basildon with trees is better ?

I would have hoped Southend wouldn't have attracted muppets like you fella.

We have had the debate. Its been agreed by an overwelming majority that anything wet sham is pooh. Supporters, players,officials,even their advertising. Heard their latest add on radio? More than just a football club MY ARSE. Where have you been for the last 8 pages.
Now as the man said ****hamster, do one !!! :angry:

Care in the community really must have lost its budget...

As if Basildon with trees is better ?

I would have hoped Southend wouldn't have attracted muppets like you fella.

Now Basildon IS your territory !!!

tbh i think you are out of order coming on here and being thoroughly decent, you are totally destroying the stereotypical meat headed, knuckle dragging 'ammer image most of us have :smile:

Its the sneering attitude of most hamsters that grates with me though Kev, they are beyond delusional most of them

Maybe its got something to do with the attitude that you greet us with...

Every SUFC fan i've ever met has said "he hates West Ham" then after ten mins you realise it was just fashionable to if you don't support them in Essex.

The old Green eyed monster:winking:

Now Basildon IS your territory !!!

tbh i think you are out of order coming on here and being thoroughly decent, you are totally destroying the stereotypical meat headed, knuckle dragging 'ammer image most of us have :smile:

We've got our fair share of nutters...but that comes with our turf to be fair.

I think most WHUFC fans that go to games are pretty honest and are more than up for a bit of self **** taking.

On another note...where does the line stop going east where Southend become more supported than The Hammers ?

On another note...where does the line stop going east where Southend become more supported than The Hammers ?

is there one ?? :blush: :facepalm:

as i said elsewhere when you are on the up then shirts etc.. are aplenty, when you are on a downer you wouldn't know you even existed

Maybe its got something to do with the attitude that you greet us with...

Every SUFC fan i've ever met has said "he hates West Ham" then after ten mins you realise it was just fashionable to if you don't support them in Essex.

The old Green eyed monster:winking:

Green eyed?

We could all choose to support West Ham, like most of Southend-based Hammers did. We choose not to. So why would we be jealous/envious?

Back