• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Regardless of the outcome of the vote, the tour is happening.

So what effectively the club is asking for is a donation. It is one thing providing something that the club might otherwise not have and a completely different thing just lobbing money into the club kitty to be used for absolutely anything from re-stocking the Boardroom drinks cabinet to transport to away matches or, indeed, anything the club might wish/need to spend it on.

If you are happy to do that, why stop at the amount being requested? Why not just hand over all your funds? Same principle.

Regardless of the outcome of the vote, the tour is happening.

So what effectively the club is asking for is a donation. It is one thing providing something that the club might otherwise not have and a completely different thing just lobbing money into the club kitty to be used for absolutely anything from re-stocking the Boardroom drinks cabinet to transport to away matches or, indeed, anything the club might wish/need to spend it on.

If you are happy to do that, why stop at the amount being requested? Why not just hand over all your funds? Same principle.

A point clearly not lost on Gary Lockett judging by the latest liaison minutes !

Sorry - didn't club help out the fans that went to the cancelled Aldershot game ? When they didn't need too ?

Just saying !!!

UTB's

In truth I just think they have handled things so poorly

Agreed they do go at things sometimes in a very unprofessional manner - most notably the delayed announcement of this tour AND then asking for the help - personally I don't have anything against providing help - but there is a correct way to go about it!

In truth I just think they have handled things so poorly

I think the fans have reacted to it poorly.

Without reading through 13 pages the way I see it is the club was looking for sponsorship for the tour which is normal and approached the trust.

Really not sure why there has been such uproar over it.

Without reading through 13 pages the way I see it is the club was looking for sponsorship for the tour which is normal and approached the trust.

and I wanna shag Carly Rae Jepson... lets see who gets lucky first

I think peoples uproar was more do with the club booking ther tour then asking for the money and not jsut the fact the club asked for it

I think peoples uproar was more do with the club booking ther tour then asking for the money and not jsut the fact the club asked for it

Precisely this, someone else likened it to booking a holiday and then asking someone else to pay for it

If they'd said we really need a holiday but can't afford it can you help then fair enough thats a different issue

Precisely this, someone else likened it to booking a holiday and then asking someone else to pay for it

If they'd said we really need a holiday but can't afford it can you help then fair enough thats a different issue

I think I did that to you once at an Indian restaurant - good job you love me :thumbsup:

what was the result? Did the trust cough up or did the club wear the cost?

I asked this yesterday in the Trust forum and received this reply

"Would appreciate an answer to the question(s) - How did the vote go and if in favour of financially supporting the tour , how much was donated ?"

Ken, sorry for the delay in getting the result out but a couple of us have been away for a few days when the voting closed.
We are just collating the info now and will send an email out to our members and then post the details on SZ hopefully later today.

I think I did that to you once at an Indian restaurant - good job you love me :thumbsup:

You had plenty to eat and drink and then produced about £3.40 in shrapnel from your pockets .. either someone paid up (and by this time the rest of the group had fled outside looking for taxis) or i left you to the washing up !!!

Back