• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

105 v 80 against donation. Club not happy apparently.

Yep just had this confirmed all trust members should have an e-mail in their inboxes also I am sure a reply will be added on here.

In my view SUPERB news!!! - two fingers up to SUFC will now redress the power here and show that we are not just a cash cow and an easy target!

In future SUFC - ASK FOR HELP FIRST!!!!!!!!!

So will all future donations made by the Trust now go to a members vote? Or will the committee pick and choose which items the membership can have a say on?

So will all future donations made by the Trust now go to a members vote? Or will the committee pick and choose which items the membership can have a say on?

Trouble maker!!! :raspberry:

I would suggest it largely depends on what the details and time constraints are!

Trouble maker!!! :raspberry:

I would suggest it largely depends on what the details and time constraints are!

So when there is limited time the trust will ask the members but when the trust has a year to decide to renew certain sponsorships the members don't need to be involved?

So when there is limited time the trust will ask the members but when the trust has a year to decide to renew certain sponsorships the members don't need to be involved?

Don't forget that at the time the continued sponsorship of the youth team was agreed, there was no indication that funding for the tour would be requested. In view of the fact that the membership has shown agreement of the Trust's support of the youth team via questionnaires, the decision was made to continue this. As far as I am aware, it has been emphasised that this should not be a foregone conclusion and that they should seek alternative sponsorship in the future.

Correct me if I am wrong, as I'm not on the Trust committee, but one of the reasons that this was put to the vote was because the committee couldn't agree. If the committee agrees on something (e.g., funding youth setup) then there is no need for a vote.

I think one of the reasons the committee couldn't agree was that the contribution requested for the tour would've meant expenditure exceeding projected income for the year - something that everyone of us should've learnt over the past few years, is not sustainable.

Don't forget that at the time the continued sponsorship of the youth team was agreed, there was no indication that funding for the tour would be requested. In view of the fact that the membership has shown agreement of the Trust's support of the youth team via questionnaires, the decision was made to continue this. As far as I am aware, it has been emphasised that this should not be a foregone conclusion and that they should seek alternative sponsorship in the future.

But the membership indicated their support of sponsoring the previous tour so the same decision could have been applied as above.

But the membership indicated their support of sponsoring the previous tour so the same decision could have been applied as above.
It could, but in view of the split decision on the committee, then the only option was to put it out to the members. There was no indication that an overseas tour was going to become an annual thing, last season it was promoted as a "team bonding/building" exercise. I don't see that being as applicable this year as I'm pretty sure there are less new squad members.

Some people seem to forget that the Trust committee is entrusted by the membership with the responsibility for making decisions on behalf of said membership. You the members agree to that when you vote for those that sit on the committee at the annual AGM. It's part of what they're voted in to those positions to do. As is every committee.

In my opinion it's neither practical nor necessary, or indeed part of the Trust remit, to put all monetary donations/sponsorship requests out to a membership vote. This time however, with the committee split and deadlocked, it seems it was the only responsible course of action to take.

How about a little faith in those that do it all voluntarily for the love of the club, eh. :thumbsup:

Yep just had this confirmed all trust members should have an e-mail in their inboxes also I am sure a reply will be added on here.

In my view SUPERB news!!! - two fingers up to SUFC will now redress the power here and show that we are not just a cash cow and an easy target!

In future SUFC - ASK FOR HELP FIRST!!!!!!!!!

I thought they did ask first ?!?

Some people seem to forget that the Trust committee is entrusted by the membership with the responsibility for making decisions on behalf of said membership. You the members agree to that when you vote for those that sit on the committee at the annual AGM. It's part of what they're voted in to those positions to do. As is every committee.

In my opinion it's neither practical nor necessary, or indeed part of the Trust remit, to put all monetary donations/sponsorship requests out to a membership vote. This time however, with the committee split and deadlocked, it seems it was the only responsible course of action to take.

How about a little faith in those that do it all voluntarily for the love of the club, eh. :thumbsup:

Only just seen your reply Phil. Just to clarify I wasn't having a dig at any people actually on the committee who I know give up a lot of their free time for nowt. I was just a tad confused as to the Trusts motivations - but the lack of replies suggests its just me so I'll get off my :soapbox: and leave it - after all I don't want :OBL: coming after me!!!

And then there would be an unholy row with constant bickering between the supporters because it was voted by the committee and not put out to the membership to chip in with their two penneth worth ;)

and then the turnout would be too low in any case to be really significant. And no-one would go to the AGM to complain about it.

Back