• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ofcourse which is why I don't disagree about needing more bodies but if this is any form of excuse for a naff first few games then it is a poor excuse IMO.

Ofcourse which is why I don't disagree about needing more bodies but if this is any form of excuse for a naff first few games then it is a poor excuse IMO.

How is it an excuse for the first few games(which to be fair we have played 4 league two teams and won 2 D1 L1 ). Two players left last week, we need therefore to add a couple of players.

They will be in the Champions League :winking:

My point is just really to keep the faith. I wonder what the team will think of Sturrock saying that we need more players?

Theres nothing unreasonable in that, and Id be livid if we werent looking to bring someone else in with only 2 midfielders in the squad. Doesnt matter how hard "PS works" if either of those get injured we will be playing even more out of position.

I don't disagree. We definitely need a few players. MY point is that we are better than where we are in the league even with our current starting XI IMO.

I would like to think so but don't 100% buy into it. Tables at any point of the season don't lie and if we're better than where we are at the moment the team will have to prove it with victories. I think Daggers will be a tough nut crack tomorrow. I remember when Bradford came here just before Xmas thinking we's tonk them but lost 0-1. Must guard against complacency.

How is it an excuse for the first few games(which to be fair we have played 4 league two teams and won 2 D1 L1 ). Two players left last week, we need therefore to add a couple of players.

Theres nothing unreasonable in that, and Id be livid if we werent looking to bring someone else in with only 2 midfielders in the squad. Doesnt matter how hard "PS works" if either of those get injured we will be playing even more out of position.

I was more hoping it was not an excuse from Sturrock. Rather than suggesting it was.

True your second comment.

I remember when Bradford came here just before Xmas thinking we's tonk them but lost 0-1. Must guard against complacency.

I don't think that's always down to complacency. Football is a simple game. Sometimes the other group of 11 blokes kick the ball into the net thing more than out eleven blokes do.

Every team loses.

I would like to think so but don't 100% buy into it. Tables at any point of the season don't lie and if we're better than where we are at the moment the team will have to prove it with victories. I think Daggers will be a tough nut crack tomorrow. I remember when Bradford came here just before Xmas thinking we's tonk them but lost 0-1. Must guard against complacency.

So do you think Swansea are the 2nd best team in the country then ? WBA 3rd ?

Tables after 3 games mean nothing, they never even used to publish them in the olden days as they were so Orient. (pointless)

We can be judged after 7 or 8 games, thats how long it takes for form to start to show.

In the meantime we need to strengthen the squad as with injuries and leavers we are light in midfield without a doubt.

No I don't jam and I see what your saying. But as things stand , even if tables are pointless this stage, fact is Swansea are where they are and WBA are where they are. It will only change when the next game(s) passes by.

And in our case if we're better than our current position we'll prove it with consistently good results. Which we still need or have to go about earning.

I think it probably goes without saying that we need to win some football matches if we want to climb the table.

With Tilly and Brush we are going up! I loved that chant. But come on Mr Sturrock it is your turn now!

I agree with 7 or 8 games. Let's see how we go! Up the Shrimpers!

With Tilly and Brush we are going up! I loved that chant. But come on Mr Sturrock it is your turn now!

I agree with 7 or 8 games. Let's see how we go! Up the Shrimpers!

I loved that chant too, but my favourite was 'It's relegation, what's that coming over the hill'.

Just looked at this thread and wondered why Sturrock is trying to recruit people from the Echo? Would he not be better off getting a couple of footballers?

I don't think that's always down to complacency. Football is a simple game. Sometimes the other group of 11 blokes kick the ball into the net thing more than out eleven blokes do.

Every team loses.

But it's also the case that one or two players being complacent or below-par can be a difference between a stuffing and being-stuffed. Football is a simple game, but it's also a team game and if one or two players have a poor match it can screw everything up.

I loved that chant too, but my favourite was 'It's relegation, what's that coming over the hill'.

That will happen to Col Ewe :COL U: this will be the year they finally go down, they lack quality to stay up.

But it's also the case that one or two players being complacent or below-par can be a difference between a stuffing and being-stuffed. Football is a simple game, but it's also a team game and if one or two players have a poor match it can screw everything up.

Absolutely. Generally our losses are when 3 or 4 players aren't at the races. We can carry 1 or 2 players having an off day and the difference between League 2 and League 1 football is generally consistency of performance.

go after harry kewell ,he hasnt got a club and was playing top football last season here in melbourne, hes in england now and clubless, perhaps he will play on a reducedsalary for the season just to show the clubs there hes still got it

Back