• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

go after harry kewell ,he hasnt got a club and was playing top football last season here in melbourne, hes in england now and clubless, perhaps he will play on a reducedsalary for the season just to show the clubs there hes still got it

Haha Harry wouldn't come to Southend! We wouldn't be able to offer him wages let alone a reduced salary.:hilarious:

This came up earlier, theres is no way he would come back to England to play for us, even if we could afford to pay his wages (and we cant afford to pay the ones we have)

So, allegedly this and allegedly that. How about a few facts because unsupported rumours are generally destructive. Are we under an embargo? Are we not paying people? We are not in court with the tax man so things do not appear as bad as in the past. If the wages are a cashflow issue then it is sad for the unpaid but hopefully will be remedied. People on here go on about how poor a business is that fails to pay its employees on time, well welcome to the real world of 2012. Gone are the 'jobs for life'. Gone are the 'sure' businesses that did everything by the book. Anyone and everyone that applies for a job at a lg 2 football club, players included, must know before they start that nothing is guaranteed. I appreciate the hardships that can be caused but football clubs and their employees are not a special case. They are currently better off than many that backed the Woolworths career horse and many other established runners.

To be fair, most of our non playing staff, ie the ticket office staff are ****ing useless anyway and shouldn't be paid until they start doing their jobs properly.

To be fair, most of our non playing staff, ie the ticket office staff are ****ing useless anyway and shouldn't be paid until they start doing their jobs properly.

I've never had a problem with them. Always been good as gold for me.

Then again, if people were paid for doing their jobs properly, I reckon more than 50% of the population would be on the breadline.

Back