• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

its simple really, up to two years ago i didnt miss a home game for 3 years, and made several away matches each season.
now; i simply can not afford £40-80 a month on watching football! I struggle to find the money to get to one game a month! even if ticket prices dropped i would struggle to justify spending money on SUFC (and believe me theres nothing i want to do more) when my bills, travel, food etc are all going up and my salary has been frozen for 3 years!

its just a sign of the times, and theres nothing the club can do to change this! People havnt got the surplass cash to spend on football, if we made it to the prem and the prices stayed the same i still wouldnt be able to afford to get down to roots hall 3-4 times a month!

Im sure the fact we are in league 2 plays a huge part in the attendances, thats a no brainer, but there must be a lot of people, like me, who would still love to go that simply can not afford to! Sadly this is all out of the clubs hands, and like the rest of the country they are going to have to suck it up, tighten the purse strings (if we can anymore than we have) and hope for the best (or a large pot of sainsburys taste the difference Gold!!)

For as long as Mr Osborne tells me that my pay is capped, the fewer games I am going to get to. I've missed I think four home games in five years - all due to work. I missed the Exeter game and I wont be there Saturday coz I can't afford it, and I doubt I will be there for the York game either. Its a sad fact that whilst we are in the economic situation we are, fewer people have less money to spend on leisure activities such as going to football.

Would love to go,cant find the money at the mo,and up until this season have missed 2 home games since 2006,went to Accrington but havnt been able to get to the hall since..............times are hard and don't look like getting better soon 😩

Anyone reckon some unofficial advertising, like TB's idea, would actually work? Or even posters in local shops that type of thing? I remember when i was in secondary school and every week we used to get special discounts for the games. Championship season and the one after i believe. Do they still do this?

I think advertising was one of the thing which was badly cut when the budgets were slashed a couple of years ago in a bid to try to live within our means.

But social media surely has to be the way to go and we can all help with that if the club will help itself. The club have twitter so use it. Promote the games and we'll retweet.

Is there an SUFC Club Facebook page? If not then why not? If yes then how can it be promoted?

Club also have twitter

Thing is they do use it but I don't think they are using it in the right way to be fair its all very faceless and not enough interaction - you want to feel as a fan the is a person behind it.

For as long as Mr Osborne tells me that my pay is capped, the fewer games I am going to get to. I've missed I think four home games in five years - all due to work. I missed the Exeter game and I wont be there Saturday coz I can't afford it, and I doubt I will be there for the York game either. Its a sad fact that whilst we are in the economic situation we are, fewer people have less money to spend on leisure activities such as going to football.

Its an unfortunate state of affairs and then we have umpteen people on here so sure if RM went someone would rush to buy the club. Not the best business proposal to buy a club the fans cant afford to attend in viable numbers. Tough times for us all and tougher for RM than most. I think a few more need to appreciate the problems/plight of our club and give up on shining Knights on a white charger.

I'm going to make the extra effort to go tomorrow even though my driving lesson is due to finish at 3 o'clock.

Its an unfortunate state of affairs and then we have umpteen people on here so sure if RM went someone would rush to buy the club. Not the best business proposal to buy a club the fans cant afford to attend in viable numbers. Tough times for us all and tougher for RM than most. I think a few more need to appreciate the problems/plight of our club and give up on shining Knights on a white charger.

We are still one of the best supported clubs in the league with history of being able to fill the stadium week in and week out at the right level.

Bournemouth were as bad as we were, they got a buyer.

We are still one of the best supported clubs in the league with history of being able to fill the stadium week in and week out at the right level.

Bournemouth were as bad as we were, they got a buyer.

yes we are luckier than many but times have got no better since we were at 'the right level'. I am not saying noone will buy us but I am saying the odds are sufficiently against us and many clubs at the moment. lets face it, none of us in this country are even sure the hardest times have yet arrived, so optimism is at a premium.

Times are hard which will certainly affect attendances everywhere.

Not sure why you then tried to use that as a reason we wouldnt be able to find a buyer. Not even relevant to this thread so lets keep it on topic....

What do Bournemouth have to do with Southend?

The new owners there have lost millions and the club are lower down the league than when they started. Hardly a great advertisment for anyone else looking to 'invest' (ie completely bankroll) a small seaside club.

What do Bournemouth have to do with Southend?

The new owners there have lost millions and the club are lower down the league than when they started. Hardly a great advertisment for anyone else looking to 'invest' (ie completely bankroll) a small seaside club.

To demonstrate clubs of our size can interest buyers.

Same as Port Vale did earlier in the season.

Where did I say a buyer would want to buy us because they would make money ?

Many clubs will lose money, that doesnt mean there arent people out there with money who would like to own a club.

Where? Who are these people? Why would they want to do this?

Just presuming that we'll stumble across a multi-millionaire hoping to become a millionaire is the sort of head in the sand thinking which gets football clubs into messes in the first place. It's just blind faith and crossing fingers.

Times are hard which will certainly affect attendances everywhere.

Not sure why you then tried to use that as a reason we wouldnt be able to find a buyer. Not even relevant to this thread so lets keep it on topic....

The buyer bit is totally on topic. Try reading the posts. I responded to a post saying how the times financially prevent attendance and in sympathising with the poster I referred to the club buying issue as further support of the economic tribulations. And if you cant see why these hard times are one contributory reason for not finding a buyer I humbly suggest you wake up.

The buyer bit is totally on topic. Try reading the posts. I responded to a post saying how the times financially prevent attendance and in sympathising with the poster I referred to the club buying issue as further support of the economic tribulations. And if you cant see why these hard times are one contributory reason for not finding a buyer I humbly suggest you wake up.

The thread is about attendances, not buying the or selling the club. If you wanted to use attendances as a reason for someone not buying the club you should do it in a thread discussing ownership.

Back