• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

4100 tonight. People have had enough of watching gash footy at £21 a pop.

Yep agreed (although we are playing some nicer stuff recently). That high price must put so many casual fans off, even though you can get it cheaper if you buy before the day, the casual fan is not likely to bother or have time to go get a ticket, especially for a Tuesday night game.

Really? Do people honestly skip going to a live game in order to watch a pointless first round game between a couple of teams who finished third in their leagues in an overhyped cup competition?

There's a cloud of negativity over our club and it's that which keeps people away, IMO. Even with that though our gates stand up against a lot of others. I think we were the third highest gate in the league last night and had a higher attendences than four League One games despite there being no away fans.

People dont want to watch league two football, a midweek game even less so.

Its nothing to do with people not wanting to watch the style of football as that isnt even the same, we have played some decent football this season.

We only got 4700 last time we played them and it was on a Saturday.

As for pricing, I said earlier our pricing is in line with other league two clubs and reducing the price to a fiver hardly brought crowds flocking in to the JPT game. People dont want to watch JPT at a fiver, and they wont want to watch league two just because you knock five quid off either.

I don't think it's down to the style of football either. You've got your die hard fans that will turn up whatever football we're playing and how the results are going. Then you've got another tier of fans who are more likely to turn up if we're on a good run of results.

I can't make any games at present as I'm changing nappies too frequently (not mine!) though I am making up for it by buying as much merchandise for my new fellow Shrimper (Alfie) as possible! Possibly a new thread here but when can you start bringing your baby to a football match!?!

I've missed all the home games apart from the first because of A) Work B) Money C) Other commitments. Sometimes there are more important things to worry about, but that doesn't mean I don't want to be there.

Really? Do people honestly skip going to a live game in order to watch a pointless first round game between a couple of teams who finished third in their leagues in an overhyped cup competition?

Yep, sadly so. Attendances are always down when it clashes with it.

2 home games in a week, champions league on ITV and only 35 away fans would always make for a low attendance. I'm sure it's been made worse with the recent goings on and general bad feeling from many towards the owner

i received an email concerning the JPT versus Dagenham , and im in Australia, i receive many emails from Southend ,sorry but it would cost me too much to attend ,what with return airfare and all .But i wish Southend all the good fortune in the world, and please players stop getting sent off , it makes for sad reading hearing that and makes it so difficult to win games, get the refs onside ,offer them an apple.
:winking::smile:

Not got the email from Southend about the Family Bonanza day on the 27th Oct are you sure its kids for a quid, Southend have not done kids for a quid for a league match for many years. Had a quick look on the Official Site but could not see anything.

apologies for the dealyed response- email pasted below (I have no idea what the news letter is that Sue is referring to)

Dear Supporter

Saturday 27[SUP]th[/SUP] October 2012 vs York City

Thank you very much for taking the time to read about the Family Bonanza Day on our newsletter sent out last week.

We now have some exciting news to tell you about ……..

It’s Kids for a Quid Day!

First 1,000 children through the turnstiles to receive a free goody bag

Live entertainment pre match with local band Us and Her and a Justin Beiber Tribute Act

Mascot Race which is always a great laugh!

Half Time Challenge sponsored by Papa John’s Pizza

Wiggles Dance Troupe

I do hope you will all be able to come on the day to give your support!

Kind regards

Sue

apologies for the dealyed response- email pasted below (I have no idea what the news letter is that Sue is referring to)

Dear Supporter

Saturday 27[SUP]th[/SUP] October 2012 vs York City

Thank you very much for taking the time to read about the Family Bonanza Day on our newsletter sent out last week.

We now have some exciting news to tell you about ……..

It’s Kids for a Quid Day!

First 1,000 children through the turnstiles to receive a free goody bag

Live entertainment pre match with local band Us and Her and a Justin Beiber Tribute Act

Mascot Race which is always a great laugh!

Half Time Challenge sponsored by Papa John’s Pizza

Wiggles Dance Troupe

I do hope you will all be able to come on the day to give your support!

Kind regards

Sue

Thanks. I think the club need to promote this offer better. There must have been something on the official site but I'm looking on my phone and the official site is not that brilliant.

Still quite a way off, Im sure they will promoted it more.

Hopefully we can get a big crowd for that one.

Also to be fair League 2 is shocking, I could probably count on one hand the games I actually enjoyed last season.

If you base your watching based on the quality of the football then in my book your not really Southend are you!

I didn't say it does, I've been a fan for 26 years do you think I would last that long if I wanted to watch good football? It would affect the fairweather fans though and after 2 seasons in L2 they are drifting away slowly but surely.

Back