• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jam,

The point is more supporters = more support.

More people through the door = more of a legacy and it could mean better team performances.

Not sure what point you are replying to.

Having more supporters in and making no more money is of no benefit, you have to find the right balance. Yes it may in the long term provide a boost in supporters, but in the short term it could be damaging.

If you are commenting on the Season ticket holder bringing a friend idea, that is fine if its a one off, but if the STH can do it everygame he could just bring someone who already goes, so no more supporters and less income,

Southend are for the first time in the club's history laying on free food to the media attending today's press conference.

#Storminateacup

Whats the storm in a tea cup comment for ?

So cryptic!

I still think that the only appreciable rise in attendances will come from winning games and to a lesser extent playing well.
The die hard ( not John McLean ) fans will come along no matter where we are in the league and how we are playing , but the 'floating fans' will only turn up if we are successful.
I managed to force a couple of friends along last season on one or two occassions , but in all honesty , the brand of football we were playing did nothing to make them want to stay ( even for the 90 minutes in one case ! ).
Early days , but I think we are playing much more attractive football this season , so I will give it a go once again.
Think we can all try to get others involved , but IMO you are either a fan or not , so difficult to sustain any increased support going forward I guess.
Without sounding like a cliche , any recruitment drive by the club that wants to focus on the long term increase in the fan base rather than short term cash , must be focused on the kids.

Not sure what point you are replying to.

Having more supporters in and making no more money is of no benefit, you have to find the right balance. Yes it may in the long term provide a boost in supporters, but in the short term it could be damaging.

If you are commenting on the Season ticket holder bringing a friend idea, that is fine if its a one off, but if the STH can do it everygame he could just bring someone who already goes, so no more supporters and less income,

Whats the storm in a tea cup comment for ?

So cryptic!

Gary, I don't think there is a debate to be had here any longer. We will never know how the pricing affects things. I think if you want to go to the games at £19 you will and £10 will bring a few more in but not enough to cover it even with extra sales around the ground on the day.

The comment was regarding the frenzy around Roots Hall amongst local media. #leaveourclubalone

I still think that the only appreciable rise in attendances will come from winning games and to a lesser extent playing well.
The die hard ( not John McLean ) fans will come along no matter where we are in the league and how we are playing , but the 'floating fans' will only turn up if we are successful.
I managed to force a couple of friends along last season on one or two occassions , but in all honesty , the brand of football we were playing did nothing to make them want to stay ( even for the 90 minutes in one case ! ).
Early days , but I think we are playing much more attractive football this season , so I will give it a go once again.
Think we can all try to get others involved , but IMO you are either a fan or not , so difficult to sustain any increased support going forward I guess.
Without sounding like a cliche , any recruitment drive by the club that wants to focus on the long term increase in the fan base rather than short term cash , must be focused on the kids.

The reason I don't go is because the group of 6-10 lads that I went with do not go anymore. We were 16-21 at the time but now everyone is mid to late 20s and they have moved on. I would still go if I actually knew anyone that supported Southend and was keen to go. Everyone on here seems way too scary to actually meet up with!

I think prices should go up not down.
Although I think the standard of entertainment is poor under PS I would still pay £40 to see it.
I believe that out of the 5000 that go a majority would have the hump but still pay it.
Say you lose 1000 off the gate who refuse to pay it.
5000 x £20 = £100 000
4000 x £40 = £160 000
problem solved.
Yes I know it would not be popular but as Ron only has a 26% popularity rating any way, why worry.

People wouldn't go in today's climate with other clubs at 20 quid. They would protest.

Although I think the standard of entertainment is poor under PS I would still pay £40 to see it.
I believe that out of the 5000 that go a majority would have the hump but still pay it.
5000 x £20 = £100 000
4000 x £40 = £160 000
problem solved.
Yes I know it would not be popular but as Ron only has a 26% popularity rating any way, why worry.

I spy a City banker.

5000 x £20 = £100 000
4000 x £40 = £160 000
problem solved.

Surely a fishing attempt.

I wouldnt go if it was £40. Thats absurd and you would lose more than a 1000 off the gate if you doubled the cost.

The reason I don't go is because the group of 6-10 lads that I went with do not go anymore. We were 16-21 at the time but now everyone is mid to late 20s and they have moved on. I would still go if I actually knew anyone that supported Southend and was keen to go. Everyone on here seems way too scary to actually meet up with!

There may be one or two pseudo , Guy Ritchie types on here , but 'scary' ???
Anyway , poor excuse for not coming.
Get your backside down to Roots Hall , even if it's on your own !

Has anyone else received emails from the marketing deparrtment for the JPT match next tuesday , and Family Bonaza day on 27th October- (kids for a Quid) ? Good stuff by the club IMO

Has anyone else received emails from the marketing deparrtment for the JPT match next tuesday , and Family Bonaza day on 27th October- (kids for a Quid) ? Good stuff by the club IMO

Yes , first time I've ever got an email from them

Not got the email from Southend about the Family Bonanza day on the 27th Oct are you sure its kids for a quid, Southend have not done kids for a quid for a league match for many years. Had a quick look on the Official Site but could not see anything.

4100 tonight. People have had enough of watching gash footy at £21 a pop.

The attendance's will only continue to drop with how things are.

Champions league football on the TV most weeks will be some fans away midweek, the cold weather some, the getting close to Xmas factor, the poor quality (despite us giving 100%) of football, the fact RM is mugging us all off, poor almost non existent away followings - these reasons couple with mid table in this league will see fans dwindle unfortunatley.

You will always get a hardcore 3200-3600 turn out but that's back to the days of Little, Newman, Wignall etc

Back